The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Jun 9, 2016 at 5:47 PM Post #21,047 of 35,316
Spend $1000 at Amazon (Amazon seller) and $100 gift card. Lots of detains.

Get an Amazon.com gift card when you purchase $1,000 or more in select premium audio products Products are listed below. Terms and conditions apply, only one gift card per order.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/browse.html?node=14568864011&tag=hpnd-20

Jun 9, 2016 at 5:48 PM Post #21,048 of 35,316
Spend $1000 at Amazon (Amazon seller) and $100 gift card. Lots of detains.

Get an Amazon.com gift card when you purchase $1,000 or more in select premium audio products Products are listed below. Terms and conditions apply, only one gift card per order.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/browse.html?node=14568864011&tag=hpnd-20

Here's more on this:

If you make a $1000+ purchase, you get a $100 Amazon Gift Card. A $2000+ purchase gets you a $200 Amazon Gift Card, and a $3000+ purchase gets you a $300 Amazon Gift Card.

The promotion only works for items Sold and Shipped by Amazon actual, not marketplace sellers. A total of 266 items are eligible for this promotion. I am building a list of headphones below.

Thankfully you can test the promotion by adding the Gift Card and your items of interest to the shopping cart and verifying the discount. See examples at the bottom of this post.

ELIGIBLE HEADPHONES
  1. Sennheiser HD700, HD800, HD800 S
  2. Sennheiser IE 800 iN-ears
  3. Beyerdynamic T1 2nd Generation
  4. Beyerdynamic T5p 1st and 2nd Generation
  5. Beyerdynamic T90
  6. Grado Reference Series RS2e
  7. HIFIMAN HE560, HE400i
  8. Fostex TH-500RP Planars
  9. Audio Technica ATH-A2000X Closed
  10. Sony MDRZ7
  11. Koss ESP-950 Electrostatic Stereophone
  12. Master & Dynamic MH40 (Gunmetal or Brown or Navy-Silver or Black or Navy-Black)
  13. Master & Dynamic MH30 (Gunmetal or Brown or Black)
  14. BeoPlay H8 ANC (Gray Hazel or Argilla Bright)
  15. Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear
  16. Definitive Technology Symphony 1 Over-Ear Bluetooth
  17. Final Audio Design Sonorous IV Hi Fidelity Headphones, Black
  18. Final Audio Design Flagship Balanced Armature Earphones, Stainless Steel
  19. Ultrasone Edition 10 Limited S-Logic Plus
  20. Ultrasone TIO Aluminum High Performance In Ear
  21. Ultrasone IQ 2-Way High Performance In Ear
  22. this list was created by me going through the list of eligible products on 6/9/16
  23. REMEMBER: Amazon Actual must be the seller, not Marketplace sellers!

TESTING THE PROMOTION
You can test this promotion before you make a purchase. Simply add the eligible audio gear to your shopping cart along with the gift card amount that matches your audio gear total ($100 for $1000+ or $200 for $2000+ or $300 for $3000+).
When everything is eligible, you will see this at Checkout, the last step BEFORE you place an order. In the example below, I put the Sennheiser HD800 ($1400 by Amazon actual) and the $100 Gift Card. The HD800 is offered for less by unauthorized marketplace sellers. They are NOT eligible for the $100 Gift Card (I tried it ~ you can easily try it too by adding/removing things from your shopping cart)

Jun 9, 2016 at 6:11 PM Post #21,050 of 35,316
Harman seems to have just added a lot of headphones, amps, speakers to their blowout factory refurbished page.

There is a mix of popular and unpopular and real deals and not deals so you have to browse.  Includes AKG, JBL, Harman, Infinity.  Free 2 day shipping.

Harman refurbished have the same warranty and accessories as new but come in a brown box. 

Once again, only a subset are real deals, and I see no high end phones but lots of low end AKGs and such.

JBL Tempo on ear: $15
AKG K430 and K450  $20
AKG K451 and K452 $20
K618 and 619 $20

Portable Speakers:
JBL Flip 2: $30
JBL On Tour MIcro $15
Infinity One $100

Rather prodigious home sub 560P for $200 (2 day shipping must cost about that) and several others for $100-120.
Several 2 and 5 channel combo Blu-ray/Recievers with lots of wireless connectivity for $100-$200

Some of these will go fast I think.

Jun 9, 2016 at 6:23 PM Post #21,051 of 35,316

Please do not post links directly to sites like Slickdeals.  It's against the rules and can result in this thread being closed to all.

We open a new one, at page 1499 this thread should be close and start a new one 

The mods are not stupid.

Jun 9, 2016 at 8:17 PM Post #21,053 of 35,316
Please do not post links directly to sites like Slickdeals.  It's against the rules and can result in this thread being closed to all.

Just a guess, but they might want to prevent people spamming with links that can make the poster some money.

Just curious, why is it against the rules?

Jun 9, 2016 at 8:56 PM Post #21,054 of 35,316

There are fees paid to those sites such as Slickdeals that provide such links that are clicked.  As I understand it, this site finds that to be objectionable and contrary to its own financial interests.

Jun 9, 2016 at 10:41 PM Post #21,055 of 35,316

There are fees paid to those sites such as Slickdeals that provide such links that are clicked.  As I understand it, this site finds that to be objectionable and contrary to its own financial interests.

Just a guess, but they might want to prevent people spamming with links that can make the poster some money.

But if it made money for...?

Let me stop there.

Jun 9, 2016 at 11:00 PM Post #21,056 of 35,316

Last time this was brought up, it was from you specifically talking about a link I posted from slickdeals. I looked at the site faq and the thread rules, and as far as I understand, it's not against the rules. I'll continue to post sd links until I hear otherwise. Specifically these adorama deals since slickdeals plays a role in setting up these deals from what I gather.

The bottom line is I don't think the no deal site links rule exists, snd when you bring it up, it detracts from the deal thread(see the last page of discussion).

Jun 10, 2016 at 12:04 AM Post #21,057 of 35,316

Last time this was brought up, it was from you specifically talking about a link I posted from slickdeals. I looked at the site faq and the thread rules, and as far as I understand, it's not against the rules. I'll continue to post sd links until I hear otherwise. Specifically these adorama deals since slickdeals plays a role in setting up these deals from what I gather.

The bottom line is I don't think the no deal site links rule exists, snd when you bring it up, it detracts from the deal thread(see the last page of discussion).

It's the first rule on the first page of this thread

Affiliate links, eg: Links to Amazon or other sites with your affiliate ID inserted are not permitted. It is a ban-able offence (as is spam advertising).

Jun 10, 2016 at 12:24 AM Post #21,058 of 35,316
It gets tricky when Adorama arranges deals w Slickdeals so you have to use the link from SD to get the deal. Adorama gives SD a cut for publishing the deal. I suppose we could not post the links and just tell people there is a deal on slickdeals? I'm totally for the rules but i think the spirit is to stop head-fiers from profiteering from personalized click-through links.

Jun 10, 2016 at 12:59 AM Post #21,059 of 35,316
It gets tricky when Adorama arranges deals w Slickdeals so you have to use the link from SD to get the deal. Adorama gives SD a cut for publishing the deal. I suppose we could not post the links and just tell people there is a deal on slickdeals? I'm totally for the rules but i think the spirit is to stop head-fiers from profiteering from personalized click-through links.

+1...it's the spirit of the rule that matters...imo

Jun 10, 2016 at 1:23 AM Post #21,060 of 35,316

I believe if you delete everything after ?emailprice=t the link will still work and the affiliate into will be removed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back