The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Aug 17, 2015 at 1:34 PM Post #16,652 of 35,316
Did any of you jump on the Westone Beta's? Mine just came in not 30 minutes ago.

Gotta admit, the packaging is absolutely fantastic. The accessories are beyond stellar.. myriad of silicone/foam tips.. crush proof carry case. My first experience with Westone is very positive.

Reviews aren't wrong.. if you like your bass.. these guys deliver in spades.

Aug 17, 2015 at 1:39 PM Post #16,653 of 35,316
  Did any of you jump on the Westone Beta's? Mine just came in not 30 minutes ago.

Gotta admit, the packaging is absolutely fantastic. The accessories are beyond stellar.. myriad of silicone/foam tips.. crush proof carry case. My first experience with Westone is very positive.

Agree.  Bought for son so can't comment directly on SQ but build quality/accessories are stellar at this price ...

Aug 17, 2015 at 3:58 PM Post #16,654 of 35,316
 Is it the Brooklyn Bridge, shown here?  Does it come with the neat Grado GH-1 headphones?  Then Sign Me UP!

LOL all the bridge replies.   No headphones but I will throw in the Lincoln Tunnel to NJ at 2000% mark up.  All cables are made with precious metals and pebbles directly from the sun, so highs will be hot. 

Aug 17, 2015 at 4:07 PM Post #16,655 of 35,316

bought one at 60 dollars like 6 months back. These things are phenomenal and i feel so much more comfortable abusing and carrying them around than my shure se215s ! i've been using the silicon tips, can you let me know if the foam tips sound better ? I'm too lazy to swap :frowning2:

Aug 17, 2015 at 5:39 PM Post #16,656 of 35,316

Too long for me to read right now.

Most jobs in America have performance evaluations and often have minimal standards. All jobs I have had you can be fired if you are too slow at performing your job. So unless Amazon is keeping people who repeatedly make mistakes at achieving their packing rate standards and Amazon is not working to improve their error rate, I'm not sure I understand your complaint.

Not a complaint. Just sharing what may have happened with the pink headphones that were supposed to beyers (and other AWD switcharoos). I posted it here for people (who have been burned by a bad AWD purchase) to read, so they are not to be so quick to blame the warehouse employees (under those alleged conditions and pressure).

I don't want to derail the thread, so we can discuss in a pm if needed.

Remember that they had two chances to catch the problem.  The first was the Amazon return department.  The second was the AWD Inspection function, the guys and gals that slap the pink "inspected" sticker on the box of item they are reselling.

That is unless the separation of Amazon from AWD is a fiction and or a fraud...

Aug 17, 2015 at 5:40 PM Post #16,657 of 35,316
I don't think the beta is too bass heavy...bass is good, but doesn't bleed into the mids. They isolate REALLY well, are comfortable, and scale up with better gear upstream. I'm surprised people aren't jumping all over this.

Aug 17, 2015 at 7:28 PM Post #16,659 of 35,316
  bought one at 60 dollars like 6 months back. These things are phenomenal and i feel so much more comfortable abusing and carrying them around than my shure se215s ! i've been using the silicon tips, can you let me know if the foam tips sound better ? I'm too lazy to swap :frowning2:

How I perceive the changes, yes. Silicone never agreed with my ears and they tend to hurt after some time. With the included foamtips I get better isolation, cleaner bass, and it sounds less peaky in the highs/upper mids.. having a really good seal makes a huge difference. 

I don't think the beta is too bass heavy...bass is good, but doesn't bleed into the mids. They isolate REALLY well, are comfortable, and scale up with better gear upstream. I'm surprised people aren't jumping all over this.

I don't think there's much bleed, but the bass definitely takes front stage making the mids seem slightly recessed to me. The isolation and comfort really are amazing. I like/prefer the form factor of the Alpha's though. I'm waiting on the X7/DX80 to upgrade from my first gen X3 that I've held onto since release.. can't wait XD

And yeah, this little IEM is worth its weight at $30-$40.. seriously. 

Aug 17, 2015 at 8:25 PM Post #16,660 of 35,316
Remember that they had two chances to catch the problem.  The first was the Amazon return department.  The second was the AWD Inspection function, the guys and gals that slap the pink "inspected" sticker on the box of item they are reselling.

I would bet ya that there is only one inspection during a return.

Aug 17, 2015 at 8:27 PM Post #16,661 of 35,316
Beyerdynamic T1 on Ebay (sold by Focus Camera) for $649.99. $20 cheaper than last time.

Got mine from the last price cut, guess they found some more stock of T1s to get rid of. The unit looked to be unused, from what I could tell, the box and packaging were in great condition. This is more for people who don't mind the non-removable cables from the 1st gen, and not having the incremental upgrades to the Tesla technology in the 2nd gen T1 (like me :) )

Aug 17, 2015 at 8:54 PM Post #16,662 of 35,316
Beyerdynamic T1 on Ebay (sold by Focus Camera) for $649.99. $20 cheaper than last time.

Got mine from the last price cut, guess they found some more stock of T1s to get rid of. The unit looked to be unused, from what I could tell, the box and packaging were in great condition. This is more for people who don't mind the non-removable cables from the 1st gen, and not having the incremental upgrades to the Tesla technology in the 2nd gen T1 (like me :) )

I'd buy this version over the newer version, you'd save a bunch of money and making the cable removable isn't too hard.

Aug 17, 2015 at 9:10 PM Post #16,663 of 35,316
Aw, bummer to miss out on the nice T1 price, just have so little use for full sized cans atm :frowning2: For future reference is 650 a fairly reliable sale price for them? I've seen used ones for 4-500 so seems about right.

Aug 17, 2015 at 9:12 PM Post #16,664 of 35,316

I would bet ya that there is only one inspection during a return.

Probably more likely than not.  However, that's poor practice when you are attempting to compartmentalize your risk and obligations to customers by way of separate legal entities--one to sell new and another to sell used returns.  It's not a good way to maintain the legal fiction.

Aug 17, 2015 at 9:22 PM Post #16,665 of 35,316
Aw, bummer to miss out on the nice T1 price, just have so little use for full sized cans atm :frowning2: For future reference is 650 a fairly reliable sale price for them? I've seen used ones for 4-500 so seems about right.

Probably not, these are the 1st gen T1s that are being liquidated, beyerdynamic has replaced them with the 2nd gen model, which has a higher RRP in Europe, don't know what's the U.S. prices. The new T1 has never been discounted yet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back