The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
May 1, 2015 at 4:49 PM Post #14,446 of 35,316
I have to admit the HD650's are more to my liking, but I'm pretty smitten with some Fostex at the moment.  Liking them more than I would have expected.  Need my Stax back....ugh.  Fricken channel imbalance.

I signed up for the Massdrop deal on the AKG's.  Should make a nice gift for a family member this year.

HS

May 1, 2015 at 4:53 PM Post #14,447 of 35,316
I don't know how folks do the wham bam thank you ma'am with a headphone and conclude so quickly it's not for them.  It takes me a while with a pair of cans to get to know them.  I own the HD700's and I feel like I've not spent enough time with them to really decide how I feel about them.  They certainly are comfortable, which goes a long way with me.

Been too absorbed with a few other sets.  Need to go back to the 700's and live with them straight for a week to see how I feel about them.

HS

I feel that if I keep something for too long I'll have some attachment to it, or get used to something I don't really like. I don't want to force myself to enjoy something especially when I have multiple headphones that impresses me the first time around. Just got my A12s and decided I liked it in minutes.

Plus, when you sell your headphones you can buy more, and if you got a good deal on it that means you won't lose money. :)

May 1, 2015 at 6:27 PM Post #14,448 of 35,316
LOL...we're addicts!

Interestingly, I'm getting to where I thought I'd end up....finding the really good stuff I like and then getting the numbers down.  I think I'm pretty much to the point where I want one really good set of closed and maybe a very few incredible opens (one kick arse e-stat powered by a kick arse amp).

Anyone sees a great deal on some Stax 007's, lemme know 
biggrin.gif

HS

May 1, 2015 at 7:17 PM Post #14,451 of 35,316
  LOL...we're addicts!

Interestingly, I'm getting to where I thought I'd end up....finding the really good stuff I like and then getting the numbers down.  I think I'm pretty much to the point where I want one really good set of closed and maybe a very few incredible opens (one kick arse e-stat powered by a kick arse amp).

Anyone sees a great deal on some Stax 007's, lemme know 
biggrin.gif

HS

+1

May 2, 2015 at 1:57 AM Post #14,455 of 35,316
Woot.com has the Onkyo ES-CTI300(BS) On-Ear Headphones with Control Talk for iOS Devices with Hi-Fi Cable - Black/Silver

For $59

Pretty great deal.

May 2, 2015 at 2:37 AM Post #14,456 of 35,316
Woot.com has the Onkyo ES-CTI300(BS) On-Ear Headphones with Control Talk for iOS Devices with Hi-Fi Cable - Black/Silver

For $59

Pretty great deal.

They are a really fantastic headphone. Was quite happy with my pair of the ES-FC300 that I got last year for $100 minus the cable. This model on woot is even cheaper and comes with a better cable which is awesome. I found that between the v-moda m100 and the onkyo I prefer the sound of the onkyo.

I just returned the m100 so I'm going to jump on getting another pair of onkyos!

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
May 2, 2015 at 10:31 AM Post #14,459 of 35,316
  They are a really fantastic headphone. Was quite happy with my pair of the ES-FC300 that I got last year for $100 minus the cable. This model on woot is even cheaper and comes with a better cable which is awesome. I found that between the v-moda m100 and the onkyo I prefer the sound of the onkyo.

I just returned the m100 so I'm going to jump on getting another pair of onkyos!

Price sounds great but fair warning these seem to have a recurrent cable reliability problem (look them up on Amazon). You'll be taking a chance and maybe getting a great deal or maybe a pile of aggravation.

May 2, 2015 at 10:47 AM Post #14,460 of 35,316

Price sounds great but fair warning these seem to have a recurrent cable reliability problem (look them up on Amazon). You'll be taking a chance and maybe getting a great deal or maybe a pile of aggravation.

Well, amazon reviews. Some call MMCX connectors "proprietary" and "only made by onkyo", etc. Anyhow, I use them and they have the same issues in-ears have with MMCX connectors. With normal treatment - none. Some people complain that the cable is removable - duh?

Anyhow, for $59 they are a steal...

Cheers,
K

Users who are viewing this thread

Back