The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Apr 11, 2015 at 6:19 PM Post #14,011 of 35,267
YES!!!! I'm in! Just ordered mine.

Thanks for posting!

No prob, I'm still on the fence pondering if I'm sticking with the HD650 long enough to warrant the purchase. I know it won't play too well with my HE560 so....
normal_smile%20.gif

From everything I've heard, you'll probably end up keeping those HD650s if you get a Crack. :)

Apr 11, 2015 at 8:04 PM Post #14,013 of 35,267
@TrojitaGiven the 600/650 and 800 pairing well, I think they would do well with the 700s as well at 300 ohms. Might want to check with the hd700 gang in its thread, I'm sure many have them paired.

HD700 is 150 ohms. Everyone who has a Bottlehead Crack and paired it with HD700 says it sounds great. 

This is a great deal for a BH Crack + Speedball. I want it but I don't have enough desk space for that huge box and I don't have the equipment or understanding in soldering. I wish these things had a much smaller enclosure and came pre-built. 

Apr 11, 2015 at 8:05 PM Post #14,014 of 35,267
HD700 is 150 ohms. Everyone who has a Bottlehead Crack and paired it with HD700 says it sounds great. 

This is a great deal for a BH Crack + Speedball. I want it but I don't have enough desk space for that huge box and I don't have the equipment or understanding in soldering. I wish these things had a much smaller enclosure and came pre-built. 

Well, you could try the bravo reviewed on the home page.

Apr 11, 2015 at 8:08 PM Post #14,015 of 35,267

The Crack is pretty small in comparison to a lot of amps out there. It's really small lol

Apr 11, 2015 at 8:14 PM Post #14,016 of 35,267

The Crack is pretty small in comparison to a lot of amps out there. It's really small lol

It's enormous compared to my Vali. I would need a tube amp the size of the Vali or smaller if I were to upgrade. There is the WA7 but that thing costs way too much.

Apr 11, 2015 at 9:37 PM Post #14,017 of 35,267
I just build a Solstice, so I have no use for a Crack right now.  Buy I may get one at some point just to try it and then sell.  Maybe someone with no solder skills/equipment will appreciate it.

Apr 11, 2015 at 9:46 PM Post #14,018 of 35,267
  I just build a Solstice, so I have no use for a Crack right now.  Buy I may get one at some point just to try it and then sell.  Maybe someone with no solder skills/equipment will appreciate it.

Solstice is sweet. Have one myself.

Apr 12, 2015 at 12:06 AM Post #14,019 of 35,267
Apr 12, 2015 at 1:19 AM Post #14,021 of 35,267
  I wonder how the Solstice compares to the crack with speedball for HD600?

If I ever get my hands on a Crack, I'd definitely do a comparison with my HD650.

Apr 12, 2015 at 2:46 AM Post #14,022 of 35,267
I'd call it ever slightly v shaped but the warmth of the dynamic driver does add to the slight brightness and accuracy of the dual BA. One BA is tuned for mids/highs and the other is tuned for highs. The bass depending on source can sound bassy or tight, it seems the 11ohm rating is to blame here. the 4ohm output of my GS3 makes somewhat a bloomy bass on but still keeps tightness on the mids and highs, kinda nice for some tracks like edm, rap, some jazz, and even classical. Through my DX100 or DAC/AMPs with .1 or 1ohm output the bass tightens up considerably and you have a very linear sound from lows mids highs. The highs have the sparkle of a bright phone but non-fatiguing unless the track is just horribly mastered, the bass adds the body and impact of a dynamic but it is slightly boosted dead center (not mid-bass or sub-bass), and the mids are just slightly recessed (although not very apparent on most songs) which sounds dry and neutral.

Like I said I've thrown all genres at it and it does no wrong. Others have compared its sound sig to the HD600 and found similarities but I've never had the Hd600 for a long period of time. Hope that helps, if the deal comes back alive I would jump on it!

Thanks for your feedback.

Apr 12, 2015 at 11:11 AM Post #14,023 of 35,267
Can anyone tell me what's an acceptable seller feedback score in ebay?

I have heard that anything below 99 percent is "garbage", is that true? could really use the help as i am going to order an item,thanks.

Apr 12, 2015 at 11:19 AM Post #14,024 of 35,267

I have heard that anything below 99 percent is "garbage", is that true? could really use the help as i am going to order an item,thanks.

You have to read into their negative feedbacks in my opinion. For example, my 400+ ebay score is tarnished by an unreasonable buyer who gave me negative feedback for not giving him a refund for a "rain or shine" music festival tickets he bought. Sorry, but ebay is a secondhand marketplace for event tickets. I am not going to provide a warranty for a concert. He didnt care tho, and thus, a negative feedback. So if you see someone short of 100%, browse their negatives and neutrals and make judgments based on the info in those feedbacks.

Edit: 1 of the 3 days of his festival it rained. He bought the tickets from me for under 2/3 face value even. So even though he had a crummy day one of the days, he still got a stellar bargain, yet gave negative feedback.

Apr 12, 2015 at 12:27 PM Post #14,025 of 35,267

It all depends on how much business the seller is doing. A 95% for someone doing thousands and thousands of translations would in my opinion be ok. but if they have same grade for 6 items maybe not. Read the feed backs that tells a lot. My biggest issue with eBay most sellers are not factory authorized so no warrant or factory support.. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back