The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Sep 26, 2014 at 1:32 PM Post #7,276 of 35,316
During a sale of the e10 a while back, the seller had oversold their stock and "upgraded" me to an e30. After getting it and listening for a bit, I wish I had gotten the e10.

The e30 (higher cost)  was supposedly better than the e10, and that's why I went with them over the e10. ....that was a mistake. Of all my iems, and I have many, the e30's are at the bottom of my list. I'm not a basshead, but they were  bass deficient.

Sep 26, 2014 at 1:33 PM Post #7,277 of 35,316
  (I will not bite
I will not bite
The price is right
I will NOT bite!)

So what you're saying is that you don't want to join me in purchasing the HD600? Remember, there's strength in numbers 
wink_face.gif

Sep 26, 2014 at 1:40 PM Post #7,278 of 35,316
  (I will not bite
I will not bite
The price is right
I will NOT bite!)

lol... if you already have the hd800 (...and 30+ other pairs of headphones), how are you still having issues?!? =P just relax, you have smtg betta already & only one pair of ears! :)

Sep 26, 2014 at 2:42 PM Post #7,281 of 35,316

The e30 (higher cost)  was supposedly better than the e10, and that's why I went with them over the e10. ....that was a mistake. Of all my iems, and I have many, the e30's are at the bottom of my list. I'm not a basshead, but they were  bass deficient.

If you have some sony hybrid tips they really work well the the e30. I too thought the e30 were bass light as all the stock tips didn't seal well for me but after i put on the sony tips the bass was really quite nice. Sub bass I realized is quite good on them. These went from a pair in my drawer to my togo pair in my bag since they are also quite low profile and generally my beater pair.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Sep 26, 2014 at 4:17 PM Post #7,282 of 35,316
Anyone know how the fit of HM5 earpads are on Fostex TH-600s? I'm interested in the HM5 memory foam ones at $11.50 each off MP4nation.com

I'm using the HM5 pads on the TH600 although they're not the memory foam ones

Sep 26, 2014 at 5:47 PM Post #7,283 of 35,316
  If you have some sony hybrid tips they really work well the the e30. I too thought the e30 were bass light as all the stock tips didn't seal well for me but after i put on the sony tips the bass was really quite nice. Sub bass I realized is quite good on them. These went from a pair in my drawer to my togo pair in my bag since they are also quite low profile and generally my beater pair.

I don't have the sony's, but I'll experiment with some others........thanks.

Sep 27, 2014 at 7:58 PM Post #7,285 of 35,316
I just got the Momentum On Ear from my local Best Buy for $99, as mentioned earlier in this thread. They're back up to regular price online, but my local store still had them at $99. They only had black and ivory, I got the last black one (sorry).

I really like them, I was worried about how small they looked, but they were able to form a good seal. The treble is a little bright, but once you EQ it down you can tell that it's very detailed/clear, and smooth (no harsh peaks). No midbass hump, which is fantastic, and I don't think the bass boost is too much (a common complaint). Bass extends pretty far but not all the way down to the very lowest notes, and it can be a little muddy, but only in comparison to higher-end stuff.

As a previous owner of the Amperior I am pretty confident in saying that I like these more overall. They both have the same recessed mids, but I think the Momentum does the rest better. The bass is a bit of a letdown, but the treble detail and smoothness outweigh that for me. Then again I listen to drum'n'bass so I have very high standards for bass extension. The extension in the MOE is more than enough for most non-electronic genres.

The only problem? Now I'm tempted to return these to move up to the full size Momentum, or the Urbanite.

Sep 27, 2014 at 8:13 PM Post #7,286 of 35,316
  I just got the Momentum On Ear from my local Best Buy for $99, as mentioned earlier in this thread. They're back up to regular price online, but my local store still had them at $99. They only had black and ivory, I got the last black one (sorry).

I really like them, I was worried about how small they looked, but they were able to form a good seal. The treble is a little bright, but once you EQ it down you can tell that it's very detailed/clear, and smooth (no harsh peaks). No midbass hump, which is fantastic, and I don't think the bass boost is too much (a common complaint). Bass extends pretty far but not all the way down to the very lowest notes, and it can be a little muddy, but only in comparison to higher-end stuff.

As a previous owner of the Amperior I am pretty confident in saying that I like these more overall. They both have the same recessed mids, but I think the Momentum does the rest better. The bass is a bit of a letdown, but the treble detail and smoothness outweigh that for me. Then again I listen to drum'n'bass so I have very high standards for bass extension. The extension in the MOE is more than enough for most non-electronic genres.

The only problem? Now I'm tempted to return these to move up to the full size Momentum, or the Urbanite.

You could have gotten them cheaper,

I got them for 85.99 using the promo they had during the time the momentums were on sale.

I think it was buy three items totaling 100 dollars or more and get 15 dollars off.

So i bought 2 fillers, which were iphone 5 cases for 25 cents each.

lowest price I had seen them in the entire time of its existence :)

But 99.99 is still a good price. Although I might give them as a gift and get the over the ear, since they are better than the on ear. I just bought them because.....

its a slick deal lol

Sep 28, 2014 at 10:33 AM Post #7,288 of 35,316
Ok...So this is cheating, though I'm considering combing it with an external dac. But with the Moto X (2014) and future Nexus 6, is the One Plus One still a good deal? I just got an invite for the 64gb one... Happy to take a PM from you whether you think its still a good deal, even though they've waited forever to roll out. 

Sep 28, 2014 at 12:02 PM Post #7,289 of 35,316
  Ok...So this is cheating, though I'm considering combing it with an external dac. But with the Moto X (2014) and future Nexus 6, is the One Plus One still a good deal? I just got an invite for the 64gb one... Happy to take a PM from you whether you think its still a good deal, even though they've waited forever to roll out. 

I'm looking at the new Moto X, the N6 and the Experia Z3 (for casting PS4 games to my phone!).  Haven't heard of the One Plus One...

Sep 28, 2014 at 12:28 PM Post #7,290 of 35,316
Here's a deal on the Sennheiser RS-220 wireless headphones that I found on Slickdeals for $280 shipped (lowest I could find elsewhere was ~$380):
http://slickdeals.net/f/7220192-sennheiser-headphones-momentum-around-over-the-ear-headphones-179-99-hd439-on-ear-headphones-43-99-free-shipping?v=1

I couldn't find much information about the RS-220 here on Head-fi, but Jude had positive things to say about it in the Head-Fi Buying Guide. From what I gathered, it performs on a level thats comparable to a well amped HD600. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back