The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Sep 5, 2014 at 8:13 PM Post #7,006 of 35,316
  We had 2 pairs returned this week so we sell as open box.  1 buyer upgraded to HE-560, other buyer had "financial issues" and his wife made him return. Sounds like someone who bought without permission! :)
beyersmile.png

Sucks for him and you, good news for us tho!  The last time I bought something without permission was that $4 shirt.  I'm still wondering what she's going to say about that one.  

Sep 5, 2014 at 8:18 PM Post #7,007 of 35,316
  We had 2 pairs returned this week so we sell as open box.  1 buyer upgraded to HE-560, other buyer had "financial issues" and his wife made him return. Sounds like someone who bought without permission! :)
beyersmile.png

Well someone's getting a great deal on a technically new pair! I'd be all over them but I have the 560s and there is no turning back. Unless for some reason I start craving a bass boost.

Sep 5, 2014 at 8:21 PM Post #7,008 of 35,316
We had 2 pairs returned this week so we sell as open box.  1 buyer upgraded to HE-560, other buyer had "financial issues" and his wife made him return. Sounds like someone who bought without permission! :):beyersmile:

Pretty sure most of us with significant others have been guilty of that at least once.

The price is very tempting, especially coming from you. I almost went for it before remembering that I prefer the 560 and should show some restraint for once and keep saving.

I guess the $4 tee will have to be my only wife angering purchase for this week. :grin:

Sep 5, 2014 at 8:24 PM Post #7,009 of 35,316
Pretty sure most of us with significant others have been guilty of that at least once.

The price is very tempting, especially coming from you. I almost went for it before remembering that I prefer the 560 and should show some restraint for once and keep saving.

I guess the $4 tee will have to be my only wife angering purchase for this week. :grin:

You'd be surprised how many returns come back for this very reason. I've been guilty of the same!

Sep 5, 2014 at 8:31 PM Post #7,010 of 35,316
  You'd be surprised how many returns come back for this very reason. I've been guilty of the same!

So now I understand when a company (like Hifiman) releases a headphone that sounds better or different but looks exactly like the old ones!! It's so you can pull a switcheroo without the old lady knowin! See...it's not lazy designing lol
popcorn.gif

Sep 5, 2014 at 11:14 PM Post #7,011 of 35,316
  So now I understand when a company (like Hifiman) releases a headphone that sounds better or different but looks exactly like the old ones!! It's so you can pull a switcheroo without the old lady knowin! See...it's not lazy designing lol
popcorn.gif

Probably why they called themselves Hifi "man", they understand our man needs to fend of the evil controlling ways of the opposite sex 
biggrin.gif

Sep 6, 2014 at 12:26 AM Post #7,014 of 35,316
I guess I'm an anomaly. I'm a lady who doesn't give a crap about shoes and jewelry. Or clothes, for the most part. My interest only goes as far as a) I need them and b) do I like the way it looks? I'd be a lot more excited over a new piece of tech (like headphones) over shoes any day. :D

Sep 6, 2014 at 1:16 AM Post #7,015 of 35,316
  I guess I'm an anomaly. I'm a lady who doesn't give a crap about shoes and jewelry. Or clothes, for the most part. My interest only goes as far as a) I need them and b) do I like the way it looks? I'd be a lot more excited over a new piece of tech (like headphones) over shoes any day. :D

Yay! I'm not alone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back