The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Mar 13, 2014 at 12:16 PM Post #3,511 of 35,313
I went to PlayStore to buy the app. My HTC One V was greyed out. Clicking on it said "This item is not compatible with your device".

The only device that showed up as compatible comes up as "Unkown CM_tenderloin." Which I believe is my old HP Touchpad that I rooted.

I really do want to use it with my HTC One V. So I'm going to try to update the OS on it and see if it takes.

This is an old HTC One V, btw, a few years old. Not the current flagship HTC One.

Fingers crossed.

Mar 13, 2014 at 12:23 PM Post #3,512 of 35,313
Check the USB OTG output power specs on your phones. I believe I once read somewhere the HTC One gave up to 300 mA, and the D3 has a requirement of 200 mA. I know other apps like Poweramp used to work with USB OTG and some of my DACs, but that broke ever since JellyBean update. But the USB Audio Player Pro does it differently than the other apps. Other apps don't explicitly try to work with USB audio and is reliant on your phone firmware on whether it will work, but the USB Audio Player Pro app is designed for USB audio. Of course you're right on needing the power requirements as well. USB Audio Player Pro solves any firmware problems. Of course YMMV but they have a free trial to test if it works for you. When it did for me, it was a "Shut up and take my money" moment.
redface.gif

I was one of the first purchasers when this app hit the Play store and began Android compatibility. I actually contributed whatever I could to the developer in terms of compatibility data as I had many Android devices at the time and could test a wide range of issues.

Mar 13, 2014 at 12:24 PM Post #3,513 of 35,313
I went to PlayStore to buy the app. My HTC One V was greyed out. Clicking on it said "This item is not compatible with your device".

The only device that showed up as compatible comes up as "Unkown CM_tenderloin." Which I believe is my old HP Touchpad that I rooted.

I really do want to use it with my HTC One V. So I'm going to try to update the OS on it and see if it takes.

This is an old HTC One V, btw, a few years old. Not the current flagship HTC One.

Fingers crossed.

Yeah follow the link to the trial version and try that before buying. What version of android is your phone?

Mar 13, 2014 at 12:25 PM Post #3,514 of 35,313
I was one of the first purchasers when this app hit the Play store and began Android compatibility. I actually contributed whatever I could to the developer in terms of compatibility data as I had many Android devices at the time and could test a wide range of issues.

Patches fix things?

Mar 13, 2014 at 3:48 PM Post #3,516 of 35,313
Have you tried it or knowledge is it's for sure? I ask because I'm kinda hoping it'd work lol
Only that app. Once again it's because no other app cares to implement their own USB Audio protocol. They leave it to your firmware to decide if it works and usually it doesn't.

Mar 13, 2014 at 4:40 PM Post #3,519 of 35,313
You're free to try whatever audio app you want. It didn't work with Power amp. Read the warning at the bottom of the app page.
I'll ask on the D3 and dragonfly threads, I mainly use Spotify on my phone which I wouldn't mind having something better than the onboard galaxy dac/amp.

Mar 13, 2014 at 9:06 PM Post #3,520 of 35,313
Mar 13, 2014 at 10:05 PM Post #3,521 of 35,313
I'll ask on the D3 and dragonfly threads, I mainly use Spotify on my phone which I wouldn't mind having something better than the onboard galaxy dac/amp.

Your best bet if you want system wide USB audio on android is to look for custom roms that contain the feature.  I have not bothered to upgrade my Galaxy S4 since 4.2.2, so I don't know what sort of changes have been made to the OS itself... however, samsung and HTC are the only manufacturers I know of personally that include system wide USB audio drivers, as it apparently is not part of vanilla android in and of itself (which would make way too much sense). 

You should be able to find a solution for whatever device you're using so long as its relatively modern and supports OTG from the USB port.  As long as you're not using a relatively obscure device, there should be a way to fix the problem, even if it may require a sledgehammer to do so.

Mar 14, 2014 at 3:43 AM Post #3,523 of 35,313

Harman Kardon CL Precision On-Ear Headphones with Extended Bass

$65
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00A3RVNXI/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back