1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)

First

Back
974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983
985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994
Next

Last
  1. Wildcatsare1

The Vali and Valhalla 2 will give you accurate, non-euphonic sound, and are far, far better matches for the HD800. For further feedback you may want to post this querie on one of the HD800 Threads, I am confident that it will mirror what I said above.

2. imackler
    Razordogaudio's deal on the HE400i is live: http://www.razordogaudio.com/products/hifiman-he-400i-full-size-planar-driver-headphone
    $399

3. Sladeophile
    Did these fix the treble spike?

4. Soundsgoodtome
    Yes, it's unlike the original 400.

5. normanl
    Is it neutral, resolving, detailed and balanced hp? If so, I'll purchase it.

6. Soundsgoodtome
    There's a search button for that. I just know the tuning does not inherit the he400 treble spike and isn't similar in sound. From initial release impressions. Either way that's a great deal from RazorDogAudio

7. Asr
    Just bought an HE-400i but not from RazorDog, since Audio Advisor and Crutchfield also have that $399 price right now but offer better return policies. I decided to buy from Crutchfield since they have 60 days on their return policy and apparently no restocking fee. [​IMG] 

SonicElectronix has the deal too and has some extra stuff: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_97921_HIFIMAN-HE-400i-Planar-Magnetic-Headphones-Sonic-Electronix-Bonus-Pack-2.html

Actually between Audio Advisor, Crutchfield, and Sonic Electronix, I'm not sure why anyone should bother with RazorDog when the other three have better return policies! [​IMG]

Soundsgoodtome likes this.
  8. mrscotchguy
    I personally didn't enjoy the HE-400i compared to my HE-4 (other than for comfort) and did not feel it an upgrade.  If you would like a more balanced sounding HE-500 with slightly less weight, and a bit let syrupy, then the HE-400i is a great bargin at the price.  I do think it's a good headphone, but there are now so many good ones out there in this price point.  It's safe to say that if I were to ever purchase the HE-400i, it would not stay in stock form very long.  

9. corey588
    Long time lurker, figured I'd post for this one, I was looking at Crutchfield and Sonic at the HE400i's and ended up going with Sonic just because of the extra stuff they're throwing in (http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_97921_HIFIMAN-HE-400i-Planar-Magnetic-Headphones-Sonic-Electronix-Bonus-Pack-2.html). Not that I expect to use the exchange deal, but it's nice to have just in case. The 3 year warranty is pretty nice too

10. esteebin
    image.jpg

Holy moly! I sent Phonak my buzzing PFE132 and they send me back a PFE 232?!?!?!?!?

11. Stillhart

All of a sudden, mine aren't sounding quite right...

12. Evshrug
    Wow!
    Based on the PFE022 I got, I'd buy the 232 if they were available and on sale...
    Me jelly.

13. money4me247 Contributor
    razordogaudio has always treated me very fairly and offer outstanding customer service. have not met another dealer that matches razordogaudio's treatment of their loyal customers. I do agree though, if you are iffy about whether you want to keep them, purchasing from a place that has no restocking fee would be wise. I generally prefer to resell at a discount to fellow head-fiers than return an item, so restocking fee is never an issue for me. if you do have concerns about the restocking fee though, you can contact Brian at razordogaudio at info@razordogaudio.com. He is extremely nice.

just wanted to share my experiences. not affilated with razordogaudio, but props where props are due.

14. cripple1
    ^ This. Brian is a pretty nice dude.

15. jk47
    i bought an "open box" k812 from razordog- new. great deal and great communication when i had some questions prior to receiving the item.  i'd buy there again in a heartbeat.

First

Back
974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983
985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994
Next

Last