The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Nov 6, 2014 at 3:30 PM Post #7,801 of 35,312

Read the first line in the item description :)

It says, "NOTE Dear buyers please notice that the Xiaomi Piston Earphone sold at low price (Less than $22) is 100% the fake copy one"

If I'm not mistaken, I seem to remember that note was there when they sold at list price.

Nov 6, 2014 at 3:54 PM Post #7,803 of 35,312
Nov 6, 2014 at 3:58 PM Post #7,804 of 35,312

New Original Gold Xiaomi 2nd Piston Earphone - $13.88 + Free shipping at Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Original-Xiaomi-Earphone-Headphone-Smartphone/dp/B00HUNUOJW

Read the first line in the item description :)

It says, "NOTE Dear buyers please notice that the Xiaomi Piston Earphone sold at low price (Less than $22) is 100% the fake copy one"

I'd stay away from these.  The seller, Lily's Gift, has one of the highest negative feedback ratings I've ever seen on Amazon.

Nov 6, 2014 at 3:58 PM Post #7,805 of 35,312

I can't understand the point of counterfeiting $25 earphones in the first place.

I suspect it's not so much about the profits to be gained as the ease of copying in the first place. When it's a cheap product that's being made next door, it's easier to duplicate the production. I've seen the same thing with cheap Chinese fountain pens. It turns out they're all made in the same city, so the counterfeiters chose to knock off their neighbors as well as the trickier western pieces.

Nov 6, 2014 at 3:59 PM Post #7,806 of 35,312

I can't understand the point of counterfeiting $25 earphones in the first place.

+1

Yup, if, (and I'm not saying I would), I were to go through the trouble, I would definitely target at least a mid level IEM.

Nov 6, 2014 at 5:29 PM Post #7,807 of 35,312
+1

Yup, if, (and I'm not saying I would), I were to go through the trouble, I would definitely target at least a mid level IEM.

I think it's because the risks are higher when you sell fake mid/high end stuff. You'll have to deal with fees, shipping, and losing the item completely if you get caught.

If you sell something fake that's cheap not many people will go chasing you for your money back, or they'll just say "you get what you pay for" and go on with their lives.

Nov 6, 2014 at 8:48 PM Post #7,808 of 35,312
Anyone know if the used HD 800s from Amazon Warehouse Deals are covered under Sennheiser's warranty?  Alternately, anyone know if there are any deals from authorized dealers on HD 800s anywhere?

Nov 6, 2014 at 8:57 PM Post #7,809 of 35,312
I think it's because the risks are higher when you sell fake mid/high end stuff. You'll have to deal with fees, shipping, and losing the item completely if you get caught.

If you sell something fake that's cheap not many people will go chasing you for your money back, or they'll just say "you get what you pay for" and go on with their lives.

gateway drug maybe;
/all counterfeiters gotta start somewhere

Nov 6, 2014 at 9:58 PM Post #7,812 of 35,312
Anyone know if the used HD 800s from Amazon Warehouse Deals are covered under Sennheiser's warranty?  Alternately, anyone know if there are any deals from authorized dealers on HD 800s anywhere?

If you have time then you can try waiting for buysonic. It's usually $1100. Or wait for black friday. Or buy now and use a credit card with price rewind/purchase protection(be careful with the fine print though).

Nov 7, 2014 at 5:00 AM Post #7,815 of 35,312
Newegg has black on ear Momentums for $80 when you use their code. Expect them to sell out very soon. It says 72 hours only, but I've seen this in the past. They won't last that long. Have any of you seen new on ear Momentums anywhere/any time/any color for $80? Code is EMCWWPC42 at checkout.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back