1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)

First

Back
1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974
1976 1977
Next

Last
  1. Ynot1
    The pivot points can squeak pretty uncomfortably, but a little lithium grease can solve that in no time. Just need lithium grease and tooth pick. But I'm sure others can chime in with a better way.

I'm thinking of pad change to reduce head clamp, maybe v6 or m50 pads.

M50 pads just barely fitted with hours of tugging, and the firm with thinner pads still had a strong head clamp; so it's on the stretcher.

The sound is open and has the sansa house sound which is very pleasing and comforting. Detail retrieval I think is pretty good.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
  2. GearMe
    UGH :tired_face: This thread is nickel and diming me to death right now; ordered a set as well...

I mean, $50 for planar IEMs...c'mon!!!

3. cel4145
    Buy the headphone, not the deal

groucho69 and George Taylor like this.
  4. GearMe
    Ha! Yeah, typically do. Actually, I make a concerted effort to do both when I can...holding off on cans I'd like to get until they hit a price I like.

5. Terco
  6. Cruelhand Luke
    I try to take a similar attitude...there are select headphones that if they drop to a certain price I'd get them just to try it..
    I wanted the fidelio X2 for a few years, but didn't get a set until they were $99.
    $33 for the Spadgers was low enough I would have pulled the trigger if I had seen it in time, I always wanted to hear the open backed version of those...
    I just checked and Monpprice has them on sale for $45...that's a great deal.
    https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=34192

GearMe and trellus like this.
  7. donato
    Zachik likes this.
  8. leeperry
    LaughMoreDaily likes this.
  9. kl884347
    Were the Monoprice Electrostats always 299 as well? That is the current 'sale' price.

10. Cruelhand Luke
    Got mine today... they are totally worth $50, the sound is really fantastic.

groucho69, trellus and GearMe like this.
  11. LaughMoreDaily
    That's for your money back. I saw a 5 year warranty.

12. leeperry
    Open boxes only come with 30 days warranty AFAIK.

LaughMoreDaily likes this.
  13. GearMe
    Thanks for the update and good to hear...

Mine get here Tuesday

14. AxelCloris Administrator
    Looks like Amazon Warehouse is taking 20% off a lot of their inventory today, and there are a number of headphones included. One example is the WH1000XM3, Used - Very Good, comes out to $208.75 at checkout. There are a number of headphones from Audio-Technica, Koss, Monoprice, Jabra... Might be worth checking out.

https://smile.amazon.com/s?k=Headphones&i=warehouse-deals&bbn=16059676011

trellus, Raketen, GearMe and 4 others like this.
  15. Mr. Olinad
    trellus and Dobrescu George like this.
First

Back
1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974
1976 1977
Next

Last