1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)

1. speedwheels
    The 90 day Amazon Music HD trail is available to all first time Amazon Music customers

gemNeye and trellus like this.
  2. ciber
    Yes, HE6SE sound better. If you are a hardcore audiophile, go for HE6SE absolutely. However, you need to have a deep pocket to buy DAC and AMP.

Ananda-BT has its own strength. It is a new product using DAC/AMP from their R2R product line. The MSRP is $1199.
    For casual listening, Ananda-BT is quite good and give you the freedom of wireless. No more investment on the DAC and AMP.

By the way, I will say Ananda-BT has world's best wireless headphones sound.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
  3. mixman
    The HE6 is supposed to be great and I was thinking about getting this but.........the big problem is you need a nuclear reactor to drive them properly. Have a THX 789, doubt that will cut it for the HE6.

showme99 likes this.
  4. eeagle
    I see the Ananda BT is aptX HD too. That may allow it to play the HD Ultra files on the new Amazon HD Music service. I have been unable to get my aptX enabled HPs to play anything beyond 16-44 files, I even bought a new aptX dongle in hopes that was the problem. So far the only way I can play HiRes files in in wired mode.

5. CANiSLAYu
    aptX only supports up to 16/44. aptX HD goes up to 24/48.

eeagle likes this.
  6. OldDude04
    You can get yourself an Emotiva A-100 BasX for just under $250, and using the internal jumpers provided with the amp you can have all the juice you want.

An excerpt from their site:
    "Direct output option for low-efficiency planar headphones allows you to route the main speaker outputs of the A-100 directly to the headphone jack to drive low-efficiency planar headphones properly without special cables or adapters"

gemNeye likes this.
  7. mixman
    See that’s the problem right there with the HE6. Most will have to get a new amp to use them......so count that as a cost and using a power amp is just inconvenient.

I have yet to hear an HE6 but have heard it is a good HP though.

8. clerkpalmer
    A friendly warning for Samsung owners - Samsung's version of android does not support aptxhd FWIW.

gemNeye likes this.
  9. rkw
    However, Ananda-BT also supports LDAC, which is supported by Samsung.

10. ksorota
    gemNeye, trellus and phthora like this.
  11. speedwheels
  12. Ggroch
    eeagle, GearMe and trellus like this.
  13. GearMe
    Love to take credit for finding the deal (@rhull1973 did)...I just posted the URL to help everyone spend their money more easily! :wink:

Mine arrive tomorrow...hope they're in as good a shape as yours! :beerchug:

FWIW...what goes around, comes around just pulled the trigger on the Elegia's -- thanks @speedwheels!

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
  14. ciber
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2019
  15. PlantsmanTX
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
    gemNeye, nereus and trellus like this.