1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)

First

Back
1916 1917 1918 1919 1920 1921 1922 1923 1924 1925
1927 1928 1929 1930 1931 1932 1933
Next

Last
  1. Ggroch
    I can find no evidence these ever sold for close to Parts Connection' list prices. Most descriptions show the normal price as about 200 British pounds, so $99 might be a nice discount. But, these were released in 2016 and there is $33 shipping to my U.S. location. It still might be an OK deal but the Parts Connection discount shown seems very misleading, plus seems to lack a headphone jack.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
    groucho69 likes this.
  2. rhull1973
    Bowers & Wilkins recertified p7 wireless. $136. Amazon.com. Sold directly by Amazon. Not a 3rd party seller.

gemNeye and Ggroch like this.
  3. eeagle
  4. Lurk650
    I keep seeing 90 Days free but for me it says $7.99 a month for 3 months then it goes to $12.99, for me I guess it's just a reduced rate.

5. harpo1
    It's only free if you never subscribe to Amazon Music in the past.

6. Lurk650
    That's why, I had subbed on accident. Basic Amazon Music is noticeably subpar compared to Spotify Premium but Amazon HD could be interesting. FWIW, I have had Tidal a couple times and the difference in quality between it and Spotify didn't justify the price gap. Albeit, my music listening with headphones is usually done via BT from my Note 9 to my ES100 or ZX300 in LDAC. Not taking full advantage utilizing MQA. Rarely do I use my desktop setup. I also stream Spotify in my car though.

7. waynes world
    Note that it is not available in Canada ("yet" hopefully).

LaughMoreDaily likes this.
  8. eeagle
    I was fortunate enough to never subscribe to Amazon Music or other services; just never felt low bit rate was worth my time. I'm also a Prime member so the deal is especially good if one does a yearly subscription after the trial it gets it down to $10+ per mo after the trial.

I've been listening to several Ultra HD tunes and comparing to Hi-Res tracks I have already acquired from HDtracks on my music server. Jazz at the Pawnshoop, Bon Jovi, Natlie Merchant, James Taylor etc....they are great especially with scrolling lyrics.

9. GearMe
    gemNeye, Ggroch, eeagle and 1 other person like this.
  10. trellus
    Bought one, thanks! I went to check Bowers & Wilkins' website a few days ago to buy them (they'd been listed there for quite some time recertified) and lo and behold, even though it had appeared still in a Google search, the link went to a missing page on B&W's site... so looks like this is the only place now to get them!

11. GearMe
    Yeah...thought on it for the day and eventually bought one -- too good a deal to pass up! Plus traveling to the UK in a month; so, when in England... :wink:

Seriously though, 2 year warranty, Apt-x, B&W sound. TBH, almost bought a wired set a while ago when I got a chance to listen to them but they were $299 at the time -- like the sound but was saving for some other gear.

That said, for $136 with wireless, think I'll be pretty happy with them. :beerchug:

trellus likes this.
  12. ShakyJake
  13. ciber
  14. ciber
    Besides the HE6SE, Hifiman has another great deal for Andiophiles. It is Ananda-BT. Amazon has it available now.
    I love it, the sound of Ananda is so nice. It makes sense to get rid of wires and I can walk everywhere. There are two sellers on the Amazon, be sure to choose Hifiman Official.

Enjoy Amazon Music HD is running a 90 day FREE trial with Hifiman Ananda-BT.

gemNeye and trellus like this.
  15. sanvara
    Is $999 the regular price or a discounted price? I guess if you can afford it buy both but if you had to pick one, and I get the BT convenience, but won't HE6se sound significantly better for $100 less?

Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
First

Back
1916 1917 1918 1919 1920 1921 1922 1923 1924 1925
1927 1928 1929 1930 1931 1932 1933
Next

Last