1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)

1. slowpickr
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
  2. gugman
    Same here

3. groucho69
    gemNeye and phthora like this.
  4. BenF
    If you need a Bluetooth receiver that can double as 16/44 DAC/Amp - go with ES100
    If you need a proper DAC/Amp with much wider format support - go with the IQ.

FYI - I had a really bad experience with ES100's durability - they sound great (for a Bluetooth receiver), but two of them died within a few months.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
  5. sanvara
    Yh
    Thanks. I'm thinking SQ for the money. Everyone seems to rave about how good the ES100 sounds. Would SQ be pretty close and one not dramatically better than the other? If it's pretty close BT would be more covenient.

6. BenF
    If you are using IEMs, ES100 should be enough in LDAC mode - anything else is worse.
    For harder to drive (especially full-size) headphones - IQ all the way.

P.S. If you plan to use Bluetooth from a laptop - forget about LDAC or other advanced codecs, they are only implemented in smartphones.

7. gemNeye
    A couple of Monolith lightning deals @ Amazon happening later tonight. FYI, non-Prime members will have access to these deals 30 minutes after the deal starts.

Monolith M1060 @ 6:39 PM (CDT) for Prime members. 7:09 PM (CDT) for non-Prime members. -- https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N32N5DD/

Monolith M565 @ 6:44 PM (CDT) for Prime members. 7:14 PM (CDT) for non-Prime members -- https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075QVBTVY/

phthora likes this.
  8. sanvara
    Perfect thanks. IEMs with phone so will go for Es100.

BenF likes this.
  9. Lurk650
    On the contrary to Ben, I've had my ES100 for over a year and it works flawlessly. It's a great device, my favorite purchase of 2018.

trellus and slowpickr like this.
  10. trellus
    I've had my ES100 since early Sept 2008 and it's still going strong, and I use mine 5-7 days a week at the gym over the last year, so it definitely gets a "workout." No problems with it working but the clip is flimsy and my clip croaked after about 6 months, but I rarely used the clip anyway since I put it in my gym shorts pocket.

OldDude04 likes this.
  11. MisterMudd
    Ditto on that!

12. BenF
    Must have been an early beta! :jecklinsmile:

OldDude04 likes this.
  13. riverred105
    I've gone through 3 of these. It's an issue of build quality. I think they also do not last long if used when working out. The es100 is a great product, but only one I would buy from a store with a generous return policy.

Jearly410 likes this.
  14. boblauer
    I've had mine at least that long and no issues, been using it as a USB DAC lately to shrink down my everyday carry.

15. gemNeye