1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)

1. Zachik
    For basic music playback - it would work fine for most people.
    I wanted to use the AP80 for podcasts and audiobooks. Very specific and simple features are needed. Hidizs promised support will be added but now it is VERY unlikely to happen. I got much better DAPs for music...

2. Levanter
    I backed the AP200 as well during their crowdfunding days, however sold it brand new the moment I received it. Later on I backed Hiby R3 as well during their crowdfunding launch.
    I have a strong feeling that Hiby is somehow related to Hidizs, might even be a sister company or same ownership.
    When I receive their promo subscribed emails, they are ALWAYS if not almost always during the same time. The advertisement's wordings/design & discount are also really similar.

Slater likes this.
  3. BobJS
    Same here, bro (except for the cigars). This should be a lesson for you 1st-timers!

Slater likes this.
  4. Zachik
    Well, if they are sisters - then Hidizs is the ugly sister :wink:

OldDude04 and groucho69 like this.
  5. Alcophone
    Now that's a good deal! :wink:

6. OldDude04
    Lol, for real. I love my Hiby R3.

7. Zachik
    Same here. and my R6.
    Out of all the Chinese DAP companies - HiBy and FiiO are the best IMHO (and I own DAPs from both).

OldDude04 likes this.
  8. jsmiller58
    Maybe they share at the very least a common marketing company for their Western campaigns. Their marketing events timing seem incredibly well coordinated. Their websites also bear some superficial resemblance, which again could be the result of a common marketing company.

Possibly HiBy and Hidizs are owned under the same corporate umbrella of companies, who knows.

9. GoompGoomp
    There's a massdrop promo for $20 off your next eligible purchase - https://dro.ps/coldones-ctrl
    Or https://dro.ps/coldones-hd58x

Most popular items are not covered like the tin audio t2s or t3 or the es100 but you can use the promo on massdrop koss porta pro to knock them down to $18.00 plus tax and free shipping in USA.

I'm sure there might be some more as cheap I missed but I wanted to let anyone know who doesnt mind waiting and wanted to try something cheap.

The promo lasts a week or 6 days I beileve when you activate it.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
    eeagle, gemNeye, trellus and 3 others like this.
  10. Th3Drizzl3
    dang just ordered a carbon for a freind and now this coupon works bringing it to 179. super annoying

11. desutruction
    Works on the already discounted (Literally Prime) stuff too.

Interesting stuff I saw:

Massdrop x Koss KSC75X with 2-day express shipping $12 (i was trying to see if it would apply. it did)
    Massdrop x MEE audio Planamic $77
    Massdrop x Noble X $157
    Massdrop Plus $280
    Massdrop x MEE audio 2-Pin Balanced Cable Set $50
    (excellent quality!)
    Massdrop x AKG K7XX $180
    Drop + AKG K7XX Pulse $160
    Massdrop x Focal Elex $680

Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX $200 (didn't know they bumped the price to $220)
    Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 58X Jubilee $140
    Massdrop x Sennheiser PC37X $100
    Massdrop x E-MU Purpleheart $55
    Massdrop x Fostex TR-X00 Ebony $500
    Massdrop x Fostex TR-X00 Purpleheart $450
    Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE4XX $160
    Massdrop x HIFIMAN Edition XX $580

Massdrop Objective 2 Headphone Amp: Desktop Edition $75

Code seems to work on Massdrop/Drop Studio products, but strangely enough not on the ESP95X.

Philimon, showme99, Toastybob and 6 others like this.
  12. GoompGoomp
    Nice. Very much appreciated my dude.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
  13. OldDude04
    I got my Prime Day deal Hidizs AP80 in today. Fired it up and the touchscreen doesn't function at all, lol. A replacement will be here Friday, wish me luck...

14. groucho69
    Failure to Prime

OldDude04 likes this.
  15. rr12267
    743124E1-EC21-4476-8F57-CAD47DD2B416.png

groucho69, pstickne and OldDude04 like this.