1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)

1. Cruelhand Luke
    My headband showed up today...I forgot to measure the yokes on my M565 before I went ahead and ordered it (lets assume that Beer played a part in this oversight) when I saw the headband installed on the M1060 I had a moment of anxiety that it was going to be far too large. The yokes are at least 1/4 inch too wide on either side! ....fortunately using gentle pressure the yoke bend fairly easily and I they will fit the cups. I just need to head over to the local hardware store and get some screws to attach them. That Audeze kit looks cool, but it's a lot of parts I won't need, plus at $30 it's approximately 1/3 the price I've spent on the headphones themselves, which is, TOO high. I forget who originally posted the link to the headband, but you know who you are and I thank you.

groucho69 and PlantsmanTX like this.
  2. Ggroch
    It was PlantsmanTX of course, who has already received a huge percentage of likes vs posts. Thanks again too. I originally purchased primarily because my gigantic head is the exact size of his attached photo shown on a 27" monitor :wink:
    One of Tyll's last videos described the headband in some detail here.

They are still in stock at the below link....so ordered 2 more.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
  3. PlantsmanTX
    I'm glad I could help y'all out. I guess we should thank that guy, too :o2smile:

Evshrug, jsmiller58 and kl884347 like this.
  4. gugman
    Since I have nor idea nor the experience with prime day deals at amazon, can I expect to get any kind of discount for CAYIN - N6II in that period? Or only some items get reduced in price?

Cheers

PlantsmanTX likes this.
  5. MisterMudd
    Only some. Still a lot of items, but anyone's guess as to what all is discounted.

gugman likes this.
  6. jsmiller58
    And the timing of the discounts usually varies... Can be for just a few hours.

7. phthora
    It's always possible. In my experience, Amazon Prime Day deals reliably feature Sony, Sennheiser, Bose, and Beats, and ANC and wireless headphones. These are the products that get the average consumer interested. This year, you might see some Audeze, HiFiMan, and Focal in there too, based on the kind of sales and price drops that have been around generally. I found the last Black Friday round of sales a bit disappointing, and I wouldn't expect Prime Day to surpass that more major sale day.

DAPs and such are hard to predict since that sort of equipment is a bit more arcane than headphones. Stick around though, I'm sure someone will post it if there's a deal on that Cayin popping up.

On that note, keep an eye on MusicTeck as they have frequent sales on Cayin stuff, including a minor sale on the Cayin N6ii DAP right now ($1200 down from $1300):
    https://shop.musicteck.com/collecti...y-digital-audio-player?variant=19871203393598

You might even call them with a price in mind and straight-up ask them to meet it. That works surprisingly often.

gugman and gemNeye like this.
  8. gemNeye
    trellus, jim723, Terco and 2 others like this.
  9. phthora
    Double C and gemNeye like this.
  10. gemNeye
  11. gemNeye
    LOL! Glad I could help. :punch:

12. jim723
    I grabbed an R3 as well. Thanks.

gemNeye likes this.
  13. mattg3
    I was just looking at a youtube review of this player and took a look at it on amazon and I had 10 minutes to buy it at this price so it was a no brainer. My new walking around Dap while my M11 stays home.

gemNeye likes this.
  14. gemNeye
    Some BLINQ deals. FYI, if you decide to purchase from BLINQ, test the hell out of it within the first 30-days to make sure it's in good working condition. They appear to be hit and miss these days. So take advantage of their 30-day return policy if it doesn't meet your expectations.

Tenhz P4 Pro IEM (Like New - Open Box) -- $67.69 or $60.92 w/ 10% off first-time e-mail signup code -- https://www.blinq.com/detail/electr...one-black/3706815?condition=like-new-open-box

BGVP DMG IEM - Blue (Like New - Open Box) -- $90.59 or $81.53 w/ 10% off first-time e-mail signup code -- https://www.blinq.com/detail/electr...ones-blue/4560305?condition=like-new-open-box

Xduoo Nano D3 DAP (Like New - Open Box) -- $52.19 or $46.97 w/ 10% off first-time e-mail signup code -- https://www.blinq.com/detail/electr...io-player/3775133?condition=like-new-open-box

Sennheiser HD630VB (Like New - Open Box) -- $189.08 or $170.17 w/ 10% off first-time e-mail signup code -- https://www.blinq.com/detail/electr...r-hd630vb/1428108?condition=like-new-open-box

trellus and Slater like this.
  15. speedwheels
    Wow. Terrific prices. The x2hr is the best deal of the bunch. The M500 is tempting as well.

PlantsmanTX likes this.