1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)

1. phthora
  2. kl884347
    Any input as to if the iFi Nano LE demo at 109 is a decent deal for an entry level DAC/AMP? This would be paired with the DT770 80 ohm from the earlier deal. It looks pretty solid from web reviews, better than a Dragonfly Red.
    https://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=1IFNIDSDLE

Last edited: May 10, 2019
  3. CANiSLAYu
    If it was me I'd either save up for the Micro Black Label or get a refurb FiiO Q1 for $80 (@ Amazon).

Last edited: May 10, 2019
    kl884347 and phthora like this.
  4. phthora
    The Black Label is already a great value because it's an amazingly versatile device that does everything well. At $400, it's a steal. The kind of thing you could use without suffering while you save up for truly endgame gear.

5. CANiSLAYu
    It also has good resale value at that price. Sold mine in February for $425 shipped so getting a new one at $400 has very little downside.

6. phthora
    Well, it is a demo unit... I can understand your confusion though, since in the OP Autocorrect changed it to "demon." lol

7. phthora
    EarStudio ES100-24bit Portable High-Resolution Bluetooth Receiver/USB DAC/Headphone Amp with LDAC, aptX HD, aptX, AAC (3.5mm Unbalanced & 2.5mm Balanced Output) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078H4YD2L/

$74.25 down from $100. Flash sale.

8. Terco
    I got the Fiio BTR3 but I was waiting a deal on this one! thanks!

9. Zachik
    Please note the EarStudio does NOT support aptX-LL, so not ideal for watching movies (on a tablet or using a BlueTooth transmitter from your TV / receiver)...

Terco likes this.
  10. CANiSLAYu
    Been curious about this lil’ unit. Had a $14 credit so was able to pick it up for $60. Thank you!

11. FlacFan
    Regarding ES100:

I had one of those for about a week or so.

Maybe I had a faulty unit - then again, all BT Rx start crackling a little bit if the BT signal gets weak or gets lost. Really smart devices just go mute.

My ES100 however did neither. Thankfully I was wearing headphones and not IEM. This device goes CRACK. CRACK. CRACK. At FULL volume even if your volume settings are fairly low. It blew my ears off. If I had worn IEMs - I don't even want to know.

Be smart and test this first, so that you don't get caught out. It is not pleasant...

Needless to say I sent it back.

Cheers

12. Jearly410
    That’s a first. I’ve been following the es100 thread since inception and have 2, that problem hasn’t been reported before. I’ve had some issues but nothing deafening:triportsad:

Love my es100. And ifi micro bl.

slowpickr likes this.
  13. kumar402
    Oh I missed it :triportsad:

14. kumar402
    Omg...I hope you are fine. I don’t want to put my ears and Headphones under any stress. When I saw the previous post I thought I missed a deal but with with your post I’m more inclined towards not getting it anymore. But is it due to faulty unit or is it universal phenomena for this device.