The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Nov 2, 2018 at 6:30 PM Post #26,881 of 35,316
At Joybuy,
The Panasonic RP-HD10 also seems to be available for $75 minus $5 coupon (if it works..)

Never ordered from these guys before. Anyone care to comment on their buying experience?

Here is my experience with Joybuy and this model. I ordered the RP-HD10 ($69.99 at the time) on October 1, 2018 (EDT). I received it on October 16, 2018. The right speaker stopped working on October 19; see my post at https://www.head-fi.org/threads/panasonic-rp-hd10-a-serious-contender.752736/page-14#post-14550759. I submitted a dispute on October 23 through the jd.com website. Here is the text of my request: "I received this item on October 16, 2018 and treated it with care.The right speaker stopped working a few days after receipt. Note: I would welcome the opportunity of receiving a working replacement of the same product, but I noticed that it is now out of stock. If you do have a working replacement, I would prefer to receive a replacement than a refund." After a couple of days, I asked for an update on my request by email; a reply came to be patient. The request was rejected with the following online message on October 26: "Dear customer, we are so sorry for all the trouble caused. In order to solve your problem effectively, it will be highly appreciated if you could provide a clear video evidence which shows your problem (Please upload the video to Google drive and send us the link). Thank you." I saw the online reply on November 1 and sent a video on the same day. Very early this morning (November 2) I received an email with the following text: "Regarding your order: ... , thank you for your reply. But from the video you provided, we can't understand the problem clearly. Would you please explain it or provided another video which could shows your problem." I replied with: "Thank you for following up promptly. The problem is simple: the right speaker does not work. The video is intended to show that sound comes out only from the left speaker. I am not sure that I can explain the problem more clearly than this, but please ask if you need more detail."

I am withholding judgement as I wait for a resolution.

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2018 at 6:44 PM Post #26,882 of 35,316
But..another intriguing alternative: In stock is the Fidelio X1s for $95 shipped after coupon. This is appearantly an improved version of the Fidelio X1 that is available only in China and on Ebay (for $150-ish). It does show on the Philips China site, but I cannot read Chinese so I do not know the differences from the X1.
The differences between X1 and X1S are the X1S has removable pads and the low impedance cable from the X2:
https://post.smzdm.com/p/504841/

Nov 3, 2018 at 11:21 AM Post #26,885 of 35,316
What’s the length of the head strap on V3 when you stretch it out? The V2 I got is exactly 20 cm (excludes the head band).

I do not have either the 3 or 2 myself..but according to the SD thread...the V3 headband is 8.5 inches and the V2 original (before replacement) is 8 inches. So you probably have the original V2 band that is not for bigheads like me. You should probably contact Adorama support. If you do let us know how they respond. The bands are supposed to be easy to swap. Some owners have gotten the replacement free from Hifiman directly.

Nov 3, 2018 at 8:44 PM Post #26,886 of 35,316
I today received this HE-560 V2 from Adorama at $249.99. Its headband is 8.6” long. It sounds reminiscent to the HE-500 I sold after getting the HE-6 and HE-1000, in other words, excellent, with good clear subbass and (despite comments about the 560 from others) NOT overly bright. Oh, and I Love the flash of orange! The cups seem the same as I remember from my HE-500, but the cable has evolved from clear-encased silver to cloth-enclosed thicker.

DECD0C8A-7A1C-4C7C-AD5E-249247A802CC.jpeg

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2018 at 11:02 PM Post #26,887 of 35,316
I today received this HE-560 V2 from Adorama at $249.99. Its headband is 8.6” long. It sounds reminiscent to the HE-500 I sold after getting the HE-6 and HE-1000, in other words, excellent, with good clear subbass and (despite comments about the 560 from others) NOT overly bright. Oh, and I Love the flash of orange! The cups seem the same as I remember from my HE-500, but the cable has evolved from clear-encased silver to cloth-enclosed thicker.

@ruthieandjohn what amps did you use?

Nov 3, 2018 at 11:16 PM Post #26,888 of 35,316
@ruthieandjohn what amps did you use?
So far, I have only used the Lotoo PAW Gold. I have in storage the HiFiMAN EF-6, which I used with my HE-6 and HE-500 and use with my HE-1000, for which nothing I’ve found sounds better (Schiit Mjolnir 2, Sennheiser HDVD800, Chord Hugo), and I plan on using it for the HE-560 as well, once I move to my place out west in several months (in temporary small apartment right now with 3/4 of my headphone gear in storage).

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2018 at 11:33 AM Post #26,889 of 35,316
Nov 4, 2018 at 12:33 PM Post #26,890 of 35,316
I too had the HE-500 some time ago and sold them. I wasn't fond of their almost too neutral signature. I felt like I had to turn up the volume too much in an attempt to get a realistic bass response. Then it was too loud for me.
Anybody know if the HE-560 is similar to the HE-500 signature?
HE500 is track dependent on bass. Initially, I thought it sounded laid-back until I went forward and listened to many tracks. It's weird, but it is impactful and has significant bass with certain tracks. Also, it's best to get the stock pads changed. I returned the HE560 with the yoke issues, and didn't like the treble peak. HE500 is just more likeable due to the balanced sounding nature, and since you are Blueshound, I'm surprised you don't own a HE500. It brings out the electric guitars.

Lower price than the former HE560 with fragile yoke, and the design of the V2 looks solid with the Sundara headphone band and HE500 driver frame. Seems like a good price-point to trigger.

Does the V2 comes with Focus A pads now?

HE6se looks like the HE560 V2 in the exterior.

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2018 at 6:23 PM Post #26,892 of 35,316
Nov 5, 2018 at 1:18 AM Post #26,893 of 35,316
Edit: DON'T BOTHER. PROMO DOES NOT WORK!!!

eBay is offering $5 off of $10+ when you use promo code PERKFIVE

Details:
Valid from 8:00 AM PT on November 5, 2018 until 11:59 PM PT on November 6, 2018
Coupon can be used once per eBay account, within a single transaction (or cart), while supplies last. Only eBay users registered with an address located in the United States are eligible for the Coupon. Valid only for purchases from ebay.com. Any unused difference between the discount amount, as shown on the Coupon, and the purchase price of an item(s) in a single transaction (or cart) will be forfeited.
Coupon is subject to U.S. laws, void where prohibited, not redeemable for cash, has no face value, and cannot be combined with any other Coupon, or when paying with PayPal Credit Easy Payments or Gift Cards. eBay may cancel, amend, or revoke the Coupon at any time.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back