1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)

1. antdroid
    I put in for an order. Not the end of the world if it gets canceled. I just wanted to get one to mod and mess around with. It's been years since I owned a grado too.

wormsdriver likes this.
  2. KG Jag
    ^^^ Interesting that the picture is of the newer (and more balanced) "e" version.

antdroid likes this.
  3. willywill
    Free streaming over at SiriusXM
    player.siriusxm.com/home

groucho69, wormsdriver and trellus like this.
  4. antdroid
    Well, I'll take whatever they give me. :)

Or if not, I'll cancel or return since its sold by Amazon.

trellus and r2muchstuff like this.
  5. r2muchstuff

"Usually ships within 1 to 2 months.
    Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available."

I placed an order for one ... who knows what, when or if. Will be my new You Tube listening set, if it arrives.

trellus likes this.
  6. phthora
    trellus likes this.
  7. alpha421
    FYI: I purchased a new DAP from joybuy and received it defective. I followed their procedure to open a return and it was denied because they wanted a video proof, which is reasonable. So, after uploading the video proof, they replied and suggested that I should get it fixed locally - What! It's one of those damn wheel navigation mechanism. I had to open a PayPal claim to return and shipping back to joybuy (HK) isn't cheap. That's my experience and hopefully it is in the minority of things.

Kuh-Fi, nick n, elwappo99 and 4 others like this.
  8. Lurk650
    I've been tempted to get the ZX300 since it's so cheap And apparently legit but issues like yours keep me from doing so.

9. Dsnuts Contributor
    I bought my Sony ZX300A from Joy buy. Sonys being legit their QC is tops. So the likely hood something will happen to your player is not likely. I am not the only person who got one from them either. For the other players will lesser QC I would pass however.

10. Ggroch
    I am usually not a fan of comments on this thread about vendor reputation because too often they reference an individual experience (ie...I got a defective one) and then generalize it (ie...so everything they sell is defective and no one should ever buy from them).

But I appreciate alpha 421's input because it clearly points out possible issues with overseas vendors without generalizing. From what I can tell Joy Buy is legitimate....but similar to buying from Ali-express, if you have initial issues you will probably get hit with return shipping charges a bit of a hassle, and a good wait. Similarly, though the product may be legit, it probably does not have a USA warranty.

Knowing that, we can each make our own decisions on the risk/benefit of dealing with Joy Buy. Thanks alpha421 and Dsnuts

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
    Lurk650, trellus, Terco and 1 other person like this.
  11. Slater
    I bought a Yugo once. The generalizations were accurate!

groucho69 and trellus like this.
  12. Ggroch
    Ipso Facto: All Generalizations are accurate :)

13. Lurk650
    Yes, my worry was more on warranty from Sony and dealing with overseas return should need be. That's why I don't deal with AliExpress much anymore.

14. trellus
  15. groucho69
    Generally yes. My own experience with JB was 0 stars.