The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Nov 24, 2017 at 6:29 PM Post #24,946 of 35,316
Looking for a deal on a wireless headphone for TV. Senn's took a poop. Maybe something that will help my bluetooth headphones work with my TV would be an option.

Thanks.

HS

@HemiSam
Check out the Sennheiser deal at Fry's. RS-135 for only $49 Black Friday. Reg price $130, best BF deal I've seen. Dunno much about Fry's, read they are reputable, on level with maybe Best Buy stores. Only today while supplies last.

Think need promo code $80.95 which is the savings, or maybe code is Friday 11.24, not sure, try either code or check it out on site. It's on their site if you clic on BF deals. Free SH, 62% off online or in-store. Item# 8772561.

In their add it's down halfway, 3 items under all TV's, far right scroll. lotsa items on page. I'll try a link.

images.frys.com/art/email/112417_fri082tvr_BF1/BF1_web.html#set1

I found it by googling bfadsfry's. Fry's site is simply frys.com

Killer deal, hope you get one; let us know ! (I would too but family member already has an older model # Sennie and they also love it, they are super for tv audio).

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2017 at 6:41 PM Post #24,947 of 35,316
Nov 24, 2017 at 6:42 PM Post #24,948 of 35,316
@HemiSam
Check out the Sennheiser deal at Fry's. RS-135 for only $49 Black Friday. Reg price $130, best BF deal I've seen. Dunno much about Fry's, read they are reputable, on level with maybe Best Buy stores. Only today while supplies last.

Think need promo code $80.95 which is the savings, or maybe code is Friday 11.24, not sure, try either code or check it out on site. It's on their site if you clic on BF deals. Free SH, 62% off online or in-store. Item# 8772561.

In their add it's down halfway, 3 items under all TV's, far right scroll. lotsa items on page. I'll try a link.

images.frys.com/art/email/112417_fri082tvr_BF1/BF1_web.html#set1

I found it by googling bfadsfry's. Fry's site is simply frys.com

Killer deal, hope you get one; let us know ! (I would too but family member already has an older model # Sennie and they also love it, they are super for tv audio).

Managed to quote you with no response...LOL

Thanks, Luv. I went out there and it's telling me it is not available for store pickup or for shipping to my zip. GREAT offer but looks like I was late.

HS

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2017 at 6:53 PM Post #24,949 of 35,316
HS
I just tried the frys site and the rs-135 doesn't work for me either, looked at all 3 options =(p/u, no stores around this area here though, shipping & then same day shipping had to be before 3 pm) they may have sold out fast. That was a super deal for anyone who got them.

Oh well, was worth a try !
LM

Nov 24, 2017 at 6:55 PM Post #24,950 of 35,316
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0731QWWCN

Blue Blackout Yeti + Lola Black Ninjas in Pyjamas Pro Gamer Bundle $143

normally yeti goes for $75 on sale so you're technically buying the lola for another $75

Nice find...though technically I posted this deal 1st and it was mostly missed or ignored.

There is a 2nd combo option...The Blackout Yeti and the Powered Mo-Jo bundle is just as good a deal at $175.

Great prices...though you underestimate the price of the Yeti...the blackout one is $90 now on sale and normaly $125ish. The normal price of the Mo-Jo is about $300 but is on a black Friday sale now. (Prices based on keepa).

So great bundle. Mine just shipped. I'm not sure if the deals lack of pop has to do with it just getting lost in the traffic, or if head-fiers will not put up with wearing phones that look like they have a halo brace on their heads :wink:

These are odd phones, but i have owned the Mo-jo before and thought that while it is heavy, it was comfortable and sounded quite good.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2017 at 10:14 PM Post #24,952 of 35,316
Nice find...though technically I posted this deal 1st and it was mostly missed or ignored.

There is a 2nd combo option...The Blackout Yeti and the Powered Mo-Jo bundle is just as good a deal at $175.

Great prices...though you underestimate the price of the Yeti...the blackout one is $90 now on sale and normaly $125ish. The normal price of the Mo-Jo is about $300 but is on a black Friday sale now. (Prices based on keepa).

So great bundle. Mine just shipped. I'm not sure if the deals lack of pop has to do with it just getting lost in the traffic, or if head-fiers will not put up with wearing phones that look like they have a halo brace on their heads :wink:

These are odd phones, but i have owned the Mo-jo before and thought that while it is heavy, it was comfortable and sounded quite good.

Thank you for sharing. I had a look both options and not sure what the differences are. I guess that Yeti is same for both but the difference is Lola headphone? One is passive and the other is powered? Is this correct?

Nov 24, 2017 at 10:47 PM Post #24,954 of 35,316
iFi Audio Micro iDSD Black Label Headphone Amp - $378.00
https://www.buydig.com/shop/product/IFIMISDBL/iFi-Audio-Micro-iDSD-Black-Label-Headphone-Amp
Coupon: c117744736
Wow, that did not last long, a little over 24 hours since your post. However it is still prime time shopping hours on Black Friday ! I wonder if the sale was just for a precise 24 hours or they had a certain number of units and they ran out ? Oh well I am sure they will be available again for that price.

Nov 24, 2017 at 10:52 PM Post #24,956 of 35,316
Thank you for sharing. I had a look both options and not sure what the differences are. I guess that Yeti is same for both but the difference is Lola headphone? One is passive and the other is powered? Is this correct?

That's Right. The Blue "Mo-Fi" is self amplified and was released several years ago (2014?). The amplification was to both maximize sound quality, and also to enable it to provide optimum performance with a wide variety of sources including smart phones. The Lola was released just this year, and is significantly lighter in weight, and passive, but with a similar sound signature. The Mo-Fi model was replaced in 2016 by the "Sadie", amplified but lighter than the original, with a modified (more linear) tonal balance, and selling for $400 ($100 higher). Apparently there were still many fans of the original "Mo-Fi" because just this month Blue released the "Mix-Fi" which is supposed to be the original Mo-Fi with a different name, and back to the original $300 price point. Lots of reviews around for the Lola and Mo.

So, $140 or $175 for a bundle of the normally $120 Yeti Black Microphone plus a normally $250 or $300 headphone is a good deal. But, the design, sound, aesthetics are very different, and will not please many owners. I liked my Mo-Fi, and am looking forward to hearing the Lola. Certainly, if the headphones were being bought up as fast as they could make them, this bargain would not exist.

Nov 24, 2017 at 10:55 PM Post #24,957 of 35,316
That's Right. The Blue "Mo-Fi" is self amplified and was released several years ago (2014?). The amplification was to both maximize sound quality, and also to enable it to provide optimum performance with a wide variety of sources including smart phones. The Lola was released just this year, and is significantly lighter in weight, and passive, but with a similar sound signature. The Mo-Fi model was replaced in 2016 by the "Sadie", amplified but lighter than the original, with a modified (more linear) tonal balance, and selling for $400 ($100 higher). Apparently there were still many fans of the original "Mo-Fi" because just this month Blue released the "Mix-Fi" which is supposed to be the original Mo-Fi with a different name, and back to the original $300 price point. Lots of reviews around for the Lola and Mo.

So, $140 or $175 for a bundle of the normally $120 Yeti Black Microphone plus a normally $250 or $300 headphone is a good deal. But, the design, sound, aesthetics are very different, and will not please many owners. I liked my Mo-Fi, and am looking forward to hearing the Lola. Certainly, if the headphones were being bought up as fast as they could make them, this bargain would not exist.

Thank you very much for further info. It definitely helped me to understand the differences among different BLUE headphone models. :)

Nov 24, 2017 at 11:07 PM Post #24,958 of 35,316
Wow, that did not last long, a little over 24 hours since your post. However it is still prime time shopping hours on Black Friday ! I wonder if the sale was just for a precise 24 hours or they had a certain number of units and they ran out ? Oh well I am sure they will be available again for that price.

Oh! The code no longer works. I was hesitating for half a day when someone shared the code here. In the end I impulsively jumped in =.=

Nov 25, 2017 at 12:05 AM Post #24,959 of 35,316
HS
I just tried the frys site and the rs-135 doesn't work for me either, looked at all 3 options =(p/u, no stores around this area here though, shipping & then same day shipping had to be before 3 pm) they may have sold out fast. That was a super deal for anyone who got them.

Oh well, was worth a try !
LM

One heck of a deal, Luv. Thank you all the same!

HS

Nov 25, 2017 at 2:29 AM Post #24,960 of 35,316
My favorite delta-sigma DAC before I discovered multi-bit was the Peachtree Audio DAC iTx. It might have been discontinued by now, but I found a demo F.S.: http://hifiheaven.net/shop/Peachtree-Audio-DAC-iTx-Digital-to-Analog-Converter-Display-Model

It's inexpensive, but sounds quite good IMO. I still have mine here, not in use--it's for backup in case my DAC (or my brother's) has issues.
I have this dac for over 3 years now and no need for replacing it,sounds beautiful,highly recommended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back