The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Jun 4, 2015 at 4:35 PM Post #15,106 of 35,266
Well to be fair, $3 on a $55 item is still a decent percentage.  The difference goes up if you have to pay tax and/or don't have Prime.  CA tax is another almost 10% tacked on...

Yep. That's why it's good to have both Amazon and Massdrop mentioned in this instance, since each serves different needs for different people. :)

Jun 4, 2015 at 4:39 PM Post #15,107 of 35,266
Yep. That's why it's good to have both Amazon and Massdrop mentioned in this instance, since each serves different needs for different people.
smily_headphones1.gif

Yeah, I admit I usually check Amazon if I have any intention of buying something from MD.  I just assumed that if the price had dropped that low that someone would have mentioned it by now.  This is what happens when you assume.  
redface.gif

Jun 4, 2015 at 4:42 PM Post #15,109 of 35,266
Yeah, I admit I usually check Amazon if I have any intention of buying something from MD.  I just assumed that if the price had dropped that low that someone would have mentioned it by now.  This is what happens when you assume.  :xf_eek:

Yeah, and it can change so much by the next day, too. It's hard to keep up with what Amazon has going on, even with CCC.

Jun 4, 2015 at 5:04 PM Post #15,111 of 35,266
Since I live in WA, lots of Amazon deals turn out kind of 'meh' because of taxes. I appreciate all those who work hard to keep this thread useful! 

Wow, I didn't see this price drop.  The cheapest I've seen it on Amazon besides BF was about $75.  Thanks for the heads-up.

Well to be fair, $3 on a $55 item is still a decent percentage.  The difference goes up if you have to pay tax and/or don't have Prime.  CA tax is another almost 10% tacked on...

All you guys need is a middleman that is located in a state that doesn't charge tax and have them order and ship it directly to you. I live in such a state.... and I'm down to offer my services for a low price.... ;D

Jun 4, 2015 at 5:22 PM Post #15,113 of 35,266
All you guys need is a middleman that is located in a state that doesn't charge tax and have them order and ship it directly to you. I live in such a state.... and I'm down to offer my services for a low price.... ;D

What? Is there like a "demo period" surcharge? So takes an extra week or something? :wink:

Jun 4, 2015 at 5:33 PM Post #15,118 of 35,266
Nah. Too Cost prohibited. And the wife would be incredibly mad to see all these boxes piling up to my house. lol

They are not supposed to pile up. You are supposed to ship them out after you "verify" for a week that they are working properly :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back