The Custom Art's Flagship - Harmony 8 and 8pro CIEM - discussion thread
Jul 16, 2014 at 4:54 AM Post #151 of 519
  I received my Harmony 8 Pro yesterday. Perfect fit and after some hours of listening I can say they are very balanced and it has a very wide sound stage. Only thing I dont like wa my choice of color.

Glad that you finally got them. Hope you'll love 'em as much as I do. Personnally, I love the color (What? it's the same as my own? ok...)

Can't wait to see your structured impressions in the next days! What source are you on? I use the ZX1 coupled to the O2 @ work, and the ZX1 alone on the go. Happy camper here.

Jul 16, 2014 at 7:04 AM Post #152 of 519
Well Yes the sound is what matters but when I ordered the H8P I did not know how it would sound. Meaning I was hoping for a great sound well I got it and it sounds very nice and now I wished I put more thought into it. If I could do it over I would get them in Transparent Pink. Why well because Honey will attract you know what it will attract. I feel that the H8P wants power because on my DX100, Dx50 and X3 the volume is a lot higher then I usually put it for my JH 16, Shure 846 or Future Sonic MG6 Pro. The H8P has a very wide sound stage and the music feels it is around me and not focused just in my head. Instruments such as: Piano, violins and guitars are more detailed then the JH 16 or Shure 846. Meds are very detailed but not in my face not way up front but there with the other regions and the meds are very very clear and detailed. Bass is strong but no where like the 846. The Bass is layered and it will hit and go deep but it will not become the main focus like the 846. The Bass is similar to the Jh16 maybe a bit more layered then the Jh16 meaning the bass can hit deep and it can hit even deeper depending on the track. Treble is similar to the Noble K10 it is sparkles and cymbals sounds very nice on the H8P. I have some tracks that the cymbals always gets my attention and all my earphones didnt make the metal sound metal. Even the Roxanne and Fitear couldnt do it as good as the H8P. The H8P makes the treble clear and at times up front without causing any Fatigue. I can listen to the H8P for hours in comfort. Getting customs the fit is Very IMPORTANT and well the H8P was spot on perfect cannot ask for better. Isolation is extreme due to it and or the material. About needed or wanting juice, with the H8P I am setting the volume much higher usually on my X3 I keep the volume at 30 and with the H8P I have put it at 51 but usually it is at 44. Wonder if I should use an amp. So due to the great sounds if I could do it over I would want it a little more Sassy.

Jul 19, 2014 at 11:50 AM Post #153 of 519
I have been listening to the H8P more and I noticed due to the H8P great mids and treble it is easy to focus on the mids and treble. Today I have been trying to focus on the bass as well and the bass I have been questioning is there and at times I can say the bass on the H8P hits as hard and low as the 846. Also the bass is layered and controlled maybe due to the H8P having. 2 drivers delivering the sub bass while 2 other drivers dealing with mid bass.

Jul 26, 2014 at 7:45 AM Post #154 of 519
I will say the H8P is better than the K10, Jh13 and the Jh16. Why? Because the H8P has very clear and bright Treble along with a full deep, wide hard hitting Low end and a neutral clear Med. Also the H8P has a wider sound stag.

Aug 7, 2014 at 5:27 AM Post #156 of 519
Just to inform, I have been listening to the Harmony 8 Pro for almost a month and I am still amazed with how well the Highs (Treble) ,The Mids, and The Bass sound out of these earphones. Also what sets this earphone apart from my other earphones is the sound stage it is so wide it surrounds me.

Aug 7, 2014 at 10:03 AM Post #157 of 519
  Just to inform, I have been listening to the Harmony 8 Pro for almost a month and I am still amazed with how well the Highs (Treble) ,The Mids, and The Bass sound out of these earphones. Also what sets this earphone apart from my other earphones is the sound stage it is so wide it surrounds me.

That's great to hear! Instead of instant "wow effect" that would fade away after few days, one of my goals was to make it more long-lasting feature, so that when you pick up the IEM after a month or two of constant use it still has something that will surprise you :)

Aug 30, 2014 at 10:11 AM Post #164 of 519
  Hey H8 Pro owners, what AMP / DAC are you guys using for your H8 Pro?
How is the H8 Pro with electronic, trance music?

the H8 non pro, paired to a Sony ZX1, non amped: it's impressive. 
Electro is awesome as long as you have good recordings, the H8 shows itself as a stunner. Deep (very deep) impact bass which hits when necessary without overcoloring the whole image, and very large space for details and movements 

edit: 

re-reading my post above, i've got the impression to repeat myself....sorry for that. I think it's actually the translation of how much i'm surprised EVERY time i put them in my ears and push the play button. No later than this morning i was walking around the busy market place outside my house, and was so taken by the music i completely forgot to buy my vegetables. 

Aug 30, 2014 at 10:28 AM Post #165 of 519
   the H8 non pro, paired to a Sony ZX1, non amped: it's impressive. 
Electro is awesome as long as you have good recordings, the H8 shows itself as a stunner. Deep (very deep) impact bass which hits when necessary without overcoloring the whole image, and very large space for details and movements 

That's what I like to hear, thanks! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back