The Cresyn Thread
May 29, 2005 at 2:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

PTheD

Headphoneus Supremus
Is there another one of these anywhere? Anywhere? There have been a few about Cresyn products, but not many. I love the look of their earbuds & some of their full-sized cans look good as well. I don't know the price, their store is obviously not native to English, but I would bet that their higher end stuff is not less than $50.

I would like to start this off by finding out if anyone actually ownes any of these? Does anyone here on the board own some Cresyn headphones?

May 30, 2005 at 12:17 AM Post #2 of 22
No headphones, but i do have a few of their wrenchs. (i know, i know, i'm very,very sorry
tongue.gif
)

May 30, 2005 at 12:24 AM Post #3 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by raisin
No headphones, but i do have a few of their wrenchs. (i know, i know, i'm very,very sorry
tongue.gif
)

Nice one.

May 30, 2005 at 4:14 AM Post #5 of 22
Great, that is a start. Do you know which models of Audio Technica products are repacaged Crasyn products?

May 30, 2005 at 9:54 PM Post #6 of 22
Bump, looking for people that own Cresyn or Audio Technica/Cresyn headphones.

May 30, 2005 at 10:50 PM Post #8 of 22
From what I have read the iAudio M3 & CW300 come with Cresyn earbuds as well as the iRiver R10. There may be more DAPs that come with Cresyn buds bundles with them but I haven't found anything about them anywhere, yet. I think the iAudio 5 comes with Cresyn buds as well. I love the look of Cresyn's buds. They look very stylish & classy. Superficiality is the only reason I like these buds.
eek.gif

May 31, 2005 at 12:59 AM Post #10 of 22
Aha, somebody that is alive here on the boards that has some Cresyn product Score. Now things are taking shape, or maybe they are just starting to fail...

There are some pictures of the AXE 2 at this website which gives a review of the iAudio M3 (20 GB version). Not much is said about them except that they come with the DAP and that they are more comfortable than the Sennheiser HD497. Which doesn't ensure much for earbuds I suppose.

I don't see the AXE 2 on the Cresyn website. I suppose they could be AXE200s or something, but I don't see those either. Deffinitly going to save the pictures in that review. I don't know of many pics of Cresyn products that are out there, much less the actuall product.

Off to search for more or Cresyn's products. It would be nice to find an international dealer, some prices and maybe a good audiophile quality review of them, but I think I strive for too much.
rolleyes.gif

Jun 4, 2005 at 4:55 PM Post #12 of 22
I have never herd the ZXE600 series, but I agree that it looks good. I like the look of the AXE600NE better than that of the AXE600BE, from the pictures on the Cresyn website anyway. I also like the look of the bag that comes with them for carying them around in.

The look of the AXE600 series is a little more tame than I am used to with Cresyn's earbuds. It still has an excutive look to it, which I think their other earbuds exibit as well. But the AXE600 series is a little bit more available, not so out their as some of their other earbud looks. Looks a little like the Sony MDR-E888LP, but with more metal and less plastic.

I don't like how the "counter weight" of the dumbell look of the bud is so small. That is that the bud with the speaker is large and the other side of the semi-dumbell shaped houseing is small. I think it was larger and more pronounced in some of their other earbud lines.

It has a 15mm driver, which I honestly don't know the importance of. That is that I don't know if 15 mm is large or small in earbuds. It has a high sensitivity of 106 dB/mW. Which should make it loud enough for those with powerless flash DAPs. With a max input of 40 mW it should be able to keep a very loud program level going as well.

I would love to think something about the quoted 12 Hz low end frequency response, but the parramaters of the measuremtn are not given so the information is next to useless.

Those are my thoughts on it just from reading the Cresyn webpage for the product.

Jun 4, 2005 at 6:12 PM Post #13 of 22
I have the JNC SSF-M3 player and the Cresyn earbud that comes with it. It was nowhere close to MX550, i.e. not much highs, bass lacks quantity. I abandone it permanently after I got my MX550, but I do agree it looks stylish. My friend was fooled to believe it was a high end product.

Jun 4, 2005 at 7:03 PM Post #14 of 22
It apears as if the JNC is just the Asian version of iAudio M3 that I am familiar with in the US. I like the look of those earbuds (the AXE2 I belive) better than the look of the AXE600 series.

How do you like the sound of them? The look of them? How much do they weigh, a lot a little?

It looks like a high end product to me, as does the M3, both are quite impressive designes.

Jun 30, 2005 at 7:58 PM Post #15 of 22
I just got what I believe to be Cresyn AXE2 earbuds! I got them from Stopa from this very thread! He gave them to me, get that. I am so psyched. I don't like to be giddy about anything or over enthusiastic, but man, I am so freakin' happy. Can you believe the generosity of Stopa, just mailed them to me all the way from Asia!

They look great and even without foam covers are looking like a million bucks. The cord is very short, EX71SL style without extension, obviously ment for remotecontroled DAPs. I even got a Nike carying case (I belive it to be a swimming gogles case
rolleyes.gif
).

A rare group of Cresyn owners I am now a part of.
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back