The Coors- Home
Mar 13, 2006 at 6:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

jbloudg20

Headphoneus Supremus
Is anyone else wnjoying this album? I love the irish influence in their music, and this is one of my favorite albums from them so far!

Apr 5, 2006 at 11:50 PM Post #2 of 5

ComfyCan

500+ Head-Fier
I just got it a couple of days ago as an impulse purchase. I have always loved the Corrs vocals, and their music with orchestral support is truly beautiful.

Home is different, as a collection of traditional Irish folk tunes. It is very relaxing; good for listening right before falling asleep. I probably won't listen to it very often, but I'm glad I have it.

It's one of those albums that does not fit into any genre that I ordinarily listen to, but still appreciate for its unique sound. For example, I have no particular interest in blues, bluegrass, or gospel but I still love the soundtract to "O Brother Where Art Thou."

Apr 6, 2006 at 3:52 AM Post #4 of 5

wallstreet

100+ Head-Fier
I like their vocals, but the lyrics/music was always so-so imho. I really liked their more traditional irish songs though, especially on their unplugged album. Looks like Home might be for me
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 7, 2006 at 11:23 AM Post #5 of 5

ComfyCan

500+ Head-Fier
Quote:

Originally Posted by wallstreet
I like their vocals, but the lyrics/music was always so-so imho. I really liked their more traditional irish songs though, especially on their unplugged album. Looks like Home might be for me
smily_headphones1.gif

Don't expect Home to have the power of Corrs Unplugged; that's sort of what I was hoping when I bought Home. Corrs unplugged was REALLY good, and made me realize the band had more talent/potential than was evident in studio work I had previously heard.

Home is one of those flukey disks bands do once in awhile to pay tribute to their roots or whatever.

Users who are viewing this thread