1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The ControlTalk cables of Beats fully work on other headphones!

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by joeylw, Mar 15, 2012.
  1. joeylw
    I was just messing around today and I discovered after plugging my brother's Beats Solo HD cord into my Monoprice 8323 (which I love about as much as my ATM50) and the controls worked! Does it work with all headphones with a standard plug, or are the Monoprice headphones an anomally? If the cables work with more headphones I am ecstatic because this makes my search for 2 good pairs of travel headphones with Apple controls for my wife and I much better. I can look for headphones with a standard 3.5mm port (I think that is what the standard port is anyways) and get a cable with the controls separately or I can find headphones with the 3 button mic already.

Does anyone know a decent place online to find 3 button mic cables with standard headphone connectors at both ends that are cheaper then $25? 

BTW sorry about my NOOBery (I bet this is common knowledge here), but I was trying to explain to my wife and brother just how cool I thought this was and neither of them cared. I had to vent a little of my excitement out somewhere.

2. crimsonOkami
    it's not that surprising, the control talk system is somewhat separate from the headphones themselves.  The control talk system only happens to piggy-back on the same cable.  Cables with in-line microphones from beats or any other type of headphone can be re-wired/plugged in onto any other type of headphone and they should work.

something like this?
    http://www.hflshop.net/iphone-batteries/210/

3. joeylw
    From appearance the V-Moda Crossfade LP, LP2, M80, and V80 also have standard connection into the headphone. Can anyone with any of these confirm this? That would be another option for 3 button mic cables.

4. Vladua5
    Thank you so much that you brought it out. I was wondering if this monoprise headphones are worth buying (control panel is very important to me =)) and you answered my question. Thank you so much