The Continuation Of The Sony Walkman 1Z/1A Thread!
Jun 11, 2021 at 3:34 PM Post #1,501 of 5,308
Tnx a lot for the offer, I'm going to visit the shop to compare them with some other competitors.

Thank you for that, could you maybe share with us other models of iems that you find comfortable, maybe I tried some, and we could find a pattern :)
You're welcome. After the XBA-Z5 which were a horrid USB drive looking design I went with some ultralight acrylic Oriolus iems which I stuck with until I got the Z1R, I saw the iems in your signature and haven't tried any to be able to relate to. I had always hoped to be able to get a 3D print to be able to try the shape, I don't know if anyone could do that for you. Somewhere back in the thread someone had taken a side profile close up with minute measurements, it didn't really help me but you may be able to compare to your current ones.

Jun 11, 2021 at 4:41 PM Post #1,503 of 5,308
This hurts my heart.

Sincerely,
an avowed Z5 lover

Sold mine last September and still miss them.
I was really happy with them but that design just didn't work for an iem (I know some found good fit). What hurt was trying to find a replacement, I spent a month in Japan substituting sightseeing trips for trips to e earphone. The M7 and M9 had just been released but I wasn't happy with the BA bass and the IER-Z1R with the dynamic driver was way out of my price range. Owning the Z1R now I am very happy with them as a progression and step up from the Z5.

Jun 11, 2021 at 6:17 PM Post #1,504 of 5,308
I have the Borsa and while it's a good case for storage purpose, it's not practical when you are using the DAP as you cannot access the screen and buttons on the side. But for storing the DAP safely or maybe for the times when you want to throw it in the backpack while on the move, Borsa does the job well.
Thanks for your feedback. Screen acessibility wise, I believe VanNuys wouldn't have that either. I hope Sony could develop a remote from phone, mirroring the display of WM1. Since the remote is communicating via bluetooth, an app through phone could work as well, I guess?

Jun 11, 2021 at 6:20 PM Post #1,505 of 5,308
Thanks for your feedback. Screen acessibility wise, I believe VanNuys wouldn't have that either. I hope Sony could develop a remote from phone, mirroring the display of WM1. Since the remote is communicating via bluetooth, an app through phone could work as well, I guess?

My Hiby R8 can be controlled from an app on my iPhone. Strange Sony has not done this, but the WM1 is an older design and not Android.

Jun 11, 2021 at 7:45 PM Post #1,506 of 5,308
Sennheiser HD6 series should be too demanding for most of if not all DAPs

LPG 2017 has over 7.7 volts + 500 milliwatts into 32 ohms and drives it with Authority.

Jun 12, 2021 at 3:44 AM Post #1,507 of 5,308
My Hiby R8 can be controlled from an app on my iPhone. Strange Sony has not done this, but the WM1 is an older design and not Android.
Yes, well aware of this control function on Hiby android device. However like I said, since Sony's remote is making use of bluetooth tech, and most/all handphone will have bluetooth, why not just develop a remote app to utilize this? If they're afraid of lost revenue, make it a purchased app (useable for all of Sony's DAP) for a fraction of the price of their hardware remote, and I believe people would still buy the app. They could stop producing their remote by then and utilize it for other more profitable device as well.

Jun 12, 2021 at 6:07 PM Post #1,508 of 5,308
Likely not envisioned in the core code of the players. Given the length of time since the last official update to WM1A/Z Sony's focus is probably elsewhere...

Q-6

Jun 12, 2021 at 9:49 PM Post #1,509 of 5,308
369D42F4-ED5E-49EE-9DCF-13EB4B0C4F6C.jpeg
2BC5356F-B933-47A6-AEA1-E211DE41A543.jpeg

Experiment this morning: for those who wish they could also take advantage of streaming which the Sony DAPs do not have: using the USB DAC function of the Sonys. :)

Jun 12, 2021 at 11:33 PM Post #1,510 of 5,308
Likely not envisioned in the core code of the players. Given the length of time since the last official update to WM1A/Z Sony's focus is probably elsewhere...

Q-6
Since they already have the remote bluetooth code available in the firmware, couldn't they utilize the same code? This is purely for my understanding only, not to influence Sony whatsoever (obviously).

Jun 13, 2021 at 12:16 AM Post #1,511 of 5,308
Since they already have the remote bluetooth code available in the firmware, couldn't they utilize the same code? This is purely for my understanding only, not to influence Sony whatsoever (obviously).
Sony looks to be at a full stop with WM1A/Z so doubt that we will see any further development from them. Anything is technically possible, equally there has to be a strong commercial aspect to it now with a Google Android player being more of interest to the moneymen versus a true stand alone player designed around quality...

Q-6

Jun 13, 2021 at 11:46 AM Post #1,512 of 5,308
Yesterday i watched the sexond part of the Guardians of the galaxy 😂 only to see that retro walkman drom 1979 the TPS-L2 . And the young r dude also at the end has what i think us a walkman X series from 2009

Jun 13, 2021 at 2:56 PM Post #1,513 of 5,308
Yesterday i watched the sexond part of the Guardians of the galaxy 😂 only to see that retro walkman drom 1979 the TPS-L2 . And the young r dude also at the end has what i think us a walkman X series from 2009
I think it's a Zune - apparently it has a playlist ('mixtape') from his father

Jun 13, 2021 at 7:40 PM Post #1,514 of 5,308
Sony looks to be at a full stop with WM1A/Z so doubt that we will see any further development from them. Anything is technically possible, equally there has to be a strong commercial aspect to it now with a Google Android player being more of interest to the moneymen versus a true stand alone player designed around quality...
That is a pity. I actually went for the 1A the first time because it was "just" a music player with USB-DAC function, no mambo-jumbo. I will have to be extra careful with my 1Z now that it will be the end of the line.

Jun 13, 2021 at 9:09 PM Post #1,515 of 5,308
I think it's a Zune - apparently it has a playlist ('mixtape') from his father
Not any Zune, it is the brown version... highly valuable :beyersmile:
Zune.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back