The Continuation Of The Sony Walkman 1Z/1A Thread!
Jun 8, 2021 at 7:56 PM Post #1,486 of 5,308
I would assume a WM connector on one end and a male USB on the other end. Then it would connect to the USB end of the iphone camera adapter.
Yes. For what I understand you need the camera adapter for iPhones to connect to a DAP. I will try to test a connection without the adapter but I will need extra cables for that.

Jun 9, 2021 at 1:59 PM Post #1,487 of 5,308
Hi all, 1 more owner of wm1A combined with Oriolus ba300s
Today finally received my case from Van Nuys in red. Love how it seats without any backslashes very tightly. Color amazing for summertime. Also got cable for connection player as transport and remote controller
0B54ABFA-8E09-419D-945B-9B303B07E84A.jpeg
A6F7DFF7-82DD-4C5E-8FDF-A23FDECFA831.jpeg

Jun 9, 2021 at 3:02 PM Post #1,488 of 5,308
Yesterday charged walkman and use it and today battery Almost depleted ao at 10500 hours the battwry play time degrases to -1.5 days

Jun 9, 2021 at 3:38 PM Post #1,489 of 5,308
Today finally received my case from Van Nuys in red. Love how it seats without any backslashes very tightly. Color amazing for summertime. Also got cable for connection player as transport and remote controller 0B54ABFA-8E09-419D-945B-9B303B07E84A.jpegA6F7DFF7-82DD-4C5E-8FDF-A23FDECFA831.jpeg

Congrats! That's a nice looking case right there. Is the case good enough to hold the stack of both WM1A & BA300s, or is it just the DAP alone that it can accommodate?

Jun 9, 2021 at 3:56 PM Post #1,490 of 5,308
Congrats! That's a nice looking case right there. Is the case good enough to hold the stack of both WM1A & BA300s, or is it just the DAP alone that it can accommodate?
Tnx! This exact case is only for players. However, Van Nuys has options for Dap+Apm sandwiches and they are looking good, but it's not my scenario as Oriolus for me is more like a transportable but not portative solution.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2021 at 4:25 PM Post #1,491 of 5,308
Howdy all. Does anyone have a WM1A or WM1Z that is beyond repair that you might consider gifting me or selling extremely cheaply? I am in the US and trying to have a custom case made overseas. I don't want to send my active unit but sending something they can use as a model and not care terribly much if I get it back would be preferable. Feel free to send me a PM. Thanks!

Jun 9, 2021 at 10:29 PM Post #1,492 of 5,308
Today finally received my case from Van Nuys in red. Love how it seats without any backslashes very tightly. Color amazing for summertime. Also got cable for connection player as transport and remote controller 0B54ABFA-8E09-419D-945B-9B303B07E84A.jpegA6F7DFF7-82DD-4C5E-8FDF-A23FDECFA831.jpeg
Now you need the IER-Z1R to complete the set :)

Jun 10, 2021 at 2:23 AM Post #1,493 of 5,308
Today finally received my case from Van Nuys in red. Love how it seats without any backslashes very tightly. Color amazing for summertime. Also got cable for connection player as transport and remote controller
I've been looking for a realistic picture of WM1A fitted into VanNuys case and yours above provided me with that. Anyone could compare which is better in terms of practicality, VanNuys case or Dignis Borsa case for WM1A?

Jun 10, 2021 at 5:36 PM Post #1,494 of 5,308
Now you need the IER-Z1R to complete the set :)
I’m impressed with the ie-900 after badguyaudio review. z1r also in my list, but I’m a bit nervous about their size.

Jun 10, 2021 at 10:34 PM Post #1,496 of 5,308
I’m impressed with the ie-900 after badguyaudio review. z1r also in my list, but I’m a bit nervous about their size.
I had read many comments about the weight, size and fit issues of the IER-Z1R, and after having to give up trying to achieve a solid fit with the XBA-Z5 for similar issues I almost abandoned the thought of them working out for me as I definitely have smaller than average ears. As a lot of my gear is Sony and I follow those threads it is hard to avoid reading about all the praise the Z1R receive so it was almost a year until I decided to risk buying a second hand pair. I was overjoyed to find I immediately achieved a perfect fit and even though the ear hooks don't provide the most solid anchor they naturally hold in place. Everyone's ears are different in size and shape so I consider myself lucky that with smaller ears the shape worked out for me.
It would be best if you can try, I'm just sharing my small ear IER-Z1R fit anxiety success story.

Jun 10, 2021 at 11:17 PM Post #1,497 of 5,308
The IER-Z1R are one of the best fitting IEMs for me. Slightly heavy but still perfect!
I had read many comments about the weight, size and fit issues of the IER-Z1R, and after having to give up trying to achieve a solid fit with the XBA-Z5 for similar issues I almost abandoned the thought of them working out for me as I definitely have smaller than average ears. As a lot of my gear is Sony and I follow those threads it is hard to avoid reading about all the praise the Z1R receive so it was almost a year until I decided to risk buying a second hand pair. I was overjoyed to find I immediately achieved a perfect fit and even though the ear hooks don't provide the most solid anchor they naturally hold in place. Everyone's ears are different in size and shape so I consider myself lucky that with smaller ears the shape worked out for me.
It would be best if you can try, I'm just sharing my small ear IER-Z1R fit anxiety success story.

Jun 11, 2021 at 8:12 AM Post #1,498 of 5,308
Not sure if you're near NYC, if you want, hit me up and you can demo mine :)
Tnx a lot for the offer, I'm going to visit the shop to compare them with some other competitors.
I'm just sharing my small ear IER-Z1R fit anxiety success story.
Thank you for that, could you maybe share with us other models of iems that you find comfortable, maybe I tried some, and we could find a pattern :)

Jun 11, 2021 at 2:33 PM Post #1,500 of 5,308
I've been looking for a realistic picture of WM1A fitted into VanNuys case and yours above provided me with that. Anyone could compare which is better in terms of practicality, VanNuys case or Dignis Borsa case for WM1A?
I have the Borsa and while it's a good case for storage purpose, it's not practical when you are using the DAP as you cannot access the screen and buttons on the side. But for storing the DAP safely or maybe for the times when you want to throw it in the backpack while on the move, Borsa does the job well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back