The Closed-Back Headphone Thread (Plus Comparisons & Reviews)
Apr 28, 2021 at 8:25 PM Post #1,847 of 6,296
Agh! I bet so... And I would shell some, if only weren't saving like a hungry rabbit in a hole like most of you!
By the way, "Beer. It's what's for dinner." and its infinite variations are my "ticker quote" in the Alcohol room on a well-known sharing community I'm not sure I should name! =D
Cheers for that :beerchug:
And this:

I hear you, man!

As a 99s owner, I bet you'd be missing the "dryness" of the Sundara pretty soon in just any genre: the bass is just way too loose and often bullying on mids. Spoils all the fun, although it's fun on _some_ tracks. Very few, honestly. Just a newbie's two cents though.

Hm. Oratory measurements show otherwise. The Noire looks to be a more Harmanish-tuned 2C, which should suit my average ears/taste. Some reviewers also mentioned a difference in soundstage, the 2C having the wider hand here. *shrug*
oratory_aeon2.png

Any of you ladies... aheurm... gentlemen happen to stack the Noire against the LCD-XC, which was also on the opposite side of my radar? In terms of technicalities and isolation especially, as tuning-wise the difference is evident (Harman vs Flat), not to mention other aspects.
There's an intriguing classified listing coming right off of my own Country for those here. Two birds one stone?

The Kennertons... I don't know, they're really hot-looking cans I've been digging, but the graphs are a _true mess_. Can't say what's beyond that though.
@Dolores Dolomites , should you find yourself looking to buy a pre-loved pair of LCD-XCs in excellent shape, please shoot me a PM as I am considering putting mine on the market.

That said, not sure how you would find them for serious head-bopping… I nod a bit with the beat and have no trouble, but they ARE fairly heavy and large but with phenomenal bass. (The weight is not an issue for me, BTW)

Apr 29, 2021 at 11:35 AM Post #1,849 of 6,296
Found a good deal at the local shop and triggered. The Noire might even be in my hands tomorrow. :excited:
Will report back.
Thank you all, ladies!
Oh, and gentlemen... =)

Interested to hear. Am waiting to try the Noire vs. T5g3 in person before I actually commit...so I can be sure they are comfy.

Apr 30, 2021 at 7:36 PM Post #1,850 of 6,296
I recently purchased the Kennerton LSA HP-2 and I have to say I couldn't even make a decision on the sound because the damn connectors kept smacking me in the clavicles. I listen primarily to EDM so do a lot of head bopping - mostly side to side. Maybe it's just my own particular build that is causing that, but that was a serious deal-breaker for me and I sent them back quickly.

Well then....

You probably should also avoid 95% of Sennheisers and BeyerDynamics, as they have the exact same wire connections, as the Kennerton LSA HP2's.
Its pretty obvious that you need WIRELESS Headphones, and then you can dance the night away with them strapped to your head...:)

Here is my custom set of LSA-HP2 SE.
They are Maple and Zebrawood (Zebrano). Notice where the 3.5 connectors are located. This is exactly where you find them on SENN 600's and Beyerdynamics, and many other brands. So, its not something unusual, it's in fact, the most common place for wired connections.

Here is a video review, or if the Reader is interested, i've also reviewed them on the Forum.

-
-
DSC09722.JPG

-
DSC09723.JPG

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2021 at 8:44 PM Post #1,851 of 6,296
Well then....

You probably should also avoid 95% of Sennheisers and BeyerDynamics, as they have the exact same wire connections, as the Kennerton LSA HP2's.
Its pretty obvious that you need WIRELESS Headphones, and then you can dance the night away with them strapped to your head...:)

They are Maple and Zebrawood (Zebrano). Notice where the 3.5 connectors are located. This is exactly where you find them on SENN 600's and Beyerdynamics, and many other brands. So, its not something unusual, it's in fact, the most common place for wired connections.

Here is a video review, or if the Reader is interested, i've also reviewed them on the Forum.

-
-DSC09722.JPG
-
DSC09723.JPG

Cool. Do those have any other custom features besides the different wood cups?

May 1, 2021 at 1:08 AM Post #1,852 of 6,296
Well then....

-
-DSC09722.JPG
-
DSC09723.JPG

You can check out my signature and Profile to see all the headphones I have owned in the past and currently. Not one of them hit me in that same way. I have no explanation for it. It was really surprising to me.

May 1, 2021 at 7:15 AM Post #1,853 of 6,296
First thoughts about the Noire... Glove. Open-air. Beauty. Huge on your head, tiny in the case. Not a single noise except from wonderful music representation coming from it be it while resting on a pillow or walking... Astonishing. Fell asleep while listening the the latest Innesti LP.
Feels like i could and want to wear the Noire all day in winter, home and out. (F#@k, it's basically summer already for me).

Anyway... Going to get the Black Ladies a Litz 1.2m, 2.5mm Oidio cable soon, and possibly call it a year. =)

May 2, 2021 at 3:58 AM Post #1,855 of 6,296
Their big brother, the Ether C, do give me that glove feeling you describe.
Yes, the Ether looks like a set with larger cups. And possibly better sound!
Definitely never a "one glove size fits all" matter when it comes to headphones... The ÆONs seem to be tailored after my average-ish sized-fenders! =) Been partying like a mad raver last night with them on, and didn't wanna take 'em off until I almost collapsed. :darthsmile:

May 3, 2021 at 8:42 AM Post #1,856 of 6,296
Oh man I've emailed Dan Clark over 4 times last 2 weeks. They don't respond. What kind of crappy company is that? Thinking about buying Noire... But when their customer service is that level of garbage I'm in serious doubt... Can anyone succeed at contacting them? Or does anyone have experience with their CS?

May 3, 2021 at 9:30 AM Post #1,857 of 6,296
Oh man I've emailed Dan Clark over 4 times last 2 weeks. They don't respond. What kind of crappy company is that? Thinking about buying Noire... But when their customer service is that level of garbage I'm in serious doubt... Can anyone succeed at contacting them? Or does anyone have experience with their CS?

Try posting in the Aeon 2 thread.... Dan himself, or someone from the company often respond directly.

May 3, 2021 at 11:04 AM Post #1,858 of 6,296
Try posting in the Aeon 2 thread.... Dan himself, or someone from the company often respond directly.
Thanks. And which topic is that? I'm sorry, I find it very hard to find dedicated topics in this forum because the titles have no strict formatting. And I'm not a noob. This forum is kinda messy. There are so many topic results if I search for "Aeon 2".

Last edited:
May 3, 2021 at 11:22 AM Post #1,859 of 6,296
May 3, 2021 at 1:15 PM Post #1,860 of 6,296
Ok, right now I'm listening to my re-purchased DT 1990 Pros and I'm enjoying a lot them again so I made a good decision to buy them again. I think I'm done (for a while, impossible to say other thing if you continue visiting this forum) in the side of headphones, now all my savings to re-new my AMP and DAC... After that, I have already a few headphones listing (some of them closed)...

@Malevolent look at the Sieveking Omega Makassar :beerchug:

Re-estrenando-1990-Pros.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back