The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Jul 15, 2013 at 6:48 PM Post #2,596 of 5,999
Quote:
Yes, right now we are mostly sending out the LX version, which is immune from this issue (LX already supports 24/192 on SPDIF input and the USB input). We are also sending out the unit to those customers who prefer to have "something to test" now and don't mind sending the units back with the fix for 24/96 is available. Some people wrote in saying they would rather wait and get the finished unit. We respect that point of view as well.

We are still looking at the fix. We spent the day coding. I expect that by the end of this week we will know when the 24/96 thing will be done.

Thanks for the update. Although I don't have much need for iDevice 24/96 right now, it's certainly something I expect I'd want to play with when it's available. At this point, considering I'm in Canada, I think I'd prefer to wait it so I don't have to ship it back across the border.

Jul 15, 2013 at 8:22 PM Post #2,598 of 5,999
Quote:
We are also sending out the unit to those customers who prefer to have "something to test" now and don't mind sending the units back with the fix for 24/96 is available. Some people wrote in saying they would rather wait and get the finished unit. We respect that point of view as well.

We are still looking at the fix. We spent the day coding. I expect that by the end of this week we will know when the 24/96 thing will be done.

I rather wait to get my finished unit with 24/96, but it was already sent out. So now I'm disappointed to have to pay for int. return shipping.

Jul 15, 2013 at 8:26 PM Post #2,599 of 5,999
First impression is fabulous!  Favorite perk so far is the completely black floor - no noise when there should be no noise.  Great sound out of iPhone 4S as source - hearing details in tracks I've listened to hundreds of times that I wasn't aware were there.  Drives CIEM's well (obviously) with all switches to the left (minimums), but then I can plug in Thunderpants, throw the switches all the way to the right and not lose any quality.

Have yet to try computer as source, but will modify this post when I do. EDIT: Can't get the computer to recognize the device. Loaded driver from CEntrance, rebooted, once with nothing connected, once with M8 connected, neither time did the driver recognize a compatible device. Will send a message to support and update you guys later..

Now I have a reason to convert the Thunderpants to balanced!

Great, great sound, Michael!  Job well done.

Jul 16, 2013 at 1:14 AM Post #2,606 of 5,999
Michael, I have sent Stacie a email last weekend  to say I'm OK with the 16/48, just send me m8 ASAP.

And i didn't get any response yet.

I know there were plenty of emails for her to deal with, i don't want sent again to make junk mail.

Since the T-Shirt is lost in the first time, and Maybe i am the most distant customer, please let me know the fedex No.

Jul 16, 2013 at 1:32 AM Post #2,608 of 5,999
Quote:
Can't get the computer to recognize the device. Loaded driver from CEntrance, rebooted, once with nothing connected, once with M8 connected, neither time did the driver recognize a compatible device. 

Please wait a couple of days. We are about to issue the new Windows driver. It's ready, just making sure all dots are connected.

Jul 16, 2013 at 1:34 AM Post #2,609 of 5,999
Quote:
Michael, I have sent Stacie a email last weekend  to say I'm OK with the 16/48, just send me m8 ASAP.

And i didn't get any response yet.

I know there were plenty of emails for her to deal with, i don't want sent again to make junk mail.

Since the T-Shirt is lost in the first time, and Maybe i am the most distant customer, please let me know the fedex No.

Will definitely let you know the fedex number. Sorry about the lost t-shirt. I'm emailing Stacie about you now. Thank you for your patience and thank you for speaking up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back