1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The Centrance HiFi M8 thread

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by firev1, Aug 15, 2012.
First

Back
170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179
181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190
Next

Last
  1. CosmicHolyGhost
    Quote:

I am sure AK100 can send 24 bit via optical with no issue

you can try Fiio L12s or Sys Concept (http://www.sysconcept.ca/product_info.php?products_id=366&osC) to nail down if it is in fact M8LX issue. Because both of these cables can carry 24/192 with no issues.

I tried these personally.

2. jstachowski
    Quote:
      I like the graphic.  My first impressions of it, are that it tends to reward you if you use better 
    headphones and source material.  The windows driver released on Friday works well.  

Thanks!
    Jerry

3. Liuxin
    How can i get a AKG 4 pin XLR cable?  I want to test the banlance output.

The 3.5mm jack is affect by the output level switch, but nothing to do with the inside Imp,is that right?

4. placebo-fi
    Are output impedance in single-ended and balanced mode different? I have read that balanced amps often double the output impedance.

5. FALEEV
    Does M8 compatible with Ipod classic\video? Thank u!

6. IronLung
    Quote:
    http://centrance.com/products/hifi-m8/
    M8 has i-device port, M8 LX has S/PDIF - http://centrance.com/products/hifi-m8/LMOD/LMOD-M8-4.jpg

7. FALEEV
    Can i use Fiio X3 as inexpensive digital transport via COAX (FIIO x3) to SPDIF (HIFI-M8)?

8. pekingduck
    Quote:
    No... The M8 LX only accepts OPTICAL in.

FALEEV likes this.
  9. elnero
    Quote:

Has there been any word on this?

10. ButtUglyJeff
    Quote:

I was just as dumbfounded when I read that myself.  I want to say, maybe the AK100 thread....

11. mgoodman
    Quote:
    We received a number of suggestions from XMOS on how to switch modes, but so far we haven't had any luck - the CPU forgets its previous state when it wakes up. We have a couple more tricks up our sleeve. This by all means continues at full speed.

12. mgoodman
    Quote:
    Two thoughts:

1) We shouldn't compete with $4 cables on Amazon. Especially if they are not Apple-approved. This is not our business.
    2) A higher quality cable is possible, but that would distract us too much at the moment. We would like to bring the you best electronics first.

I think that the dividing line between the box and the headphones being the cable is the best place to "cut off" our involvement for the time being. There are so many talented cable makers here that the need is adequately catered to.

13. ExpatinJapan
    Quote:
    it will work with ipod classic.

I didnt have any luck with my ipod video 5th Gen 30gb, it just went into charge mode.

-On my Fostex hp_p1 it says non-compatible.

14. ExpatinJapan
    Quote:
    Thats it for me.
    With my Fostex hpp1 i found the non-fatiguing aspect useful as I commute on trains and need a slightly higher volume.
    When I go back to straight out of my iphone/ipod I get fatigue much faster these days.

The hifi-m8 is a step up.

15. Mediahound
    Quote:
    What is the best i device to use with the M8? I would guess the iPod touch?

First

Back
170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179
181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190
Next

Last