The CEntrance Hi-Fi M8 V2 Thread
Feb 18, 2021 at 7:35 PM Post #601 of 820
Hi, thx for taking the time to respond......you’re absolutely correct on turning Stamina Mode ON so that it turns off the hot-side high-power amps and the LED meters...I’d misread that turning the Stamina Mode OFF would do this!....egads, my bad so thx much for that correction and hope this will provide the expected battery life! 😊

.....and thx for the other info as well on the portable battery pack and Charge switch! 👍
Here is another tidbit of information. The manufacturer states that the USB port on the cold side can actually charge the battery very slightly faster because it’s closer in the circuit to the battery than the USB port on the hot side, as long as the charge switch set set to “on”.

Feb 18, 2021 at 8:51 PM Post #602 of 820
I haven't had any trouble with the 2.5 mm jacks on any iems (and that's the only balanced cable I have for them). I did have a Pioneer xdp-300r, and the 2.5 mm balanced socket broke, eventually causing the dap to stop working, but I attributed that to poor qc on their part.
(Sony and Pono had a different idea on balanced, using two 3.5 mm connectors (the high end company Ayre used this as well, and designed the Pono). This never caught on, though, and has been discarded (I still use a Pono with an adaptor for me 2.5mm balanced cables).

Feb 19, 2021 at 10:50 AM Post #603 of 820
Have been using the new HI-FI M8 v2 now for about a week and super impressed with the improved sound quality, performance and greater soundstage it’s provided.

The one big problem I seem to have run across is the battery life. It’s suppose to offer 6 hours of use after a full charge where the battery level indicator shows 3 lights, but after less than 3 hours, the battery indicator is down to 1 light.
May we please look at your unit? Something sounds off. Please email us and we will send you a new one while we study yours. Battery life should be longer.

Feb 19, 2021 at 1:24 PM Post #604 of 820
May we please look at your unit? Something sounds off. Please email us and we will send you a new one while we study yours. Battery life should be longer.
They had stamina mode off, so you might want to see how long this battery lasts with stamina mode on, which they’re going to be trying now.

Feb 20, 2021 at 5:39 PM Post #605 of 820
Hi Michael,
I think we can hold off doing this for now....as per HeadphoneAddict’s advice, I switched the Stamina mode to ON and the battery life now seems to be running up beyond the short time with the Stamina Mode OFF. Will advise if further battery life issues but in the meantime, am absolutely loving the HI-FI M8 v2!!! It is revealing many new unheard nuances in all the music I’ve been listening to, providing a wider soundstage to the music experience, and is like hearing anew my entire music library all over again. It might have taken a bit longer time in the HI-FI M8 v2’s arrival but so far, it’s been well worth the wait! Thank you for a great new product and your fantastic support behind the product!
cheers
Bill

PS
the OnkyoHD iOS app is a great player and pairing it with the HI-Fi M8 for playing 24-bit, 192khz flac files and DSF files has been fantastic, especially as one can customize the EQ to different sets of headphone!

Feb 20, 2021 at 9:25 PM Post #606 of 820
Been enjoying the M8 v2, recently tried my Westone V60, which I had decided were kind of boring, OK sounding but no excitement. Boy, did the M8 v2 make a difference, bass slam, pace, rhythm, these will get much more listening time. Guess they needed to be shown who's boss.

Feb 21, 2021 at 2:22 AM Post #607 of 820
Been enjoying the M8 v2, recently tried my Westone V60, which I had decided were kind of boring, OK sounding but no excitement. Boy, did the M8 v2 make a difference, bass slam, pace, rhythm, these will get much more listening time. Guess they needed to be shown who's boss.
I've found that the W60 need an amp a bit more than the W80. But un-amped the W60 are just a bit more neutral, flat, and unremarkable than the W80. The W60 and W80 both scale up greatly with an amp. So, I agree that you need an amp to wake up the W60. I feel the same way about the W40. For some reason my Westone ES3X, ES5, and ES60 custom IEM sound great right out of an iPhone, and they get even better with a good amp like BlueDAC and M8 V2.

Feb 21, 2021 at 3:00 AM Post #608 of 820
Yup, the extra power in the M8 v2 seems to agree with the W60. I was using it balanced through a Pono, and in some other situations that have decent power, more than the standard phone, but the M8 v2 makes it sing!

Feb 28, 2021 at 12:59 AM Post #609 of 820
Got my HiFi M8 v2 about a month ago. Been enjoying it with my Audeze LCD-XC Planar Mags, and pure silver audio cables from LavriCables 20cores XLR balanced cable. Fantastic sound. I do not have an audiophile ear but it does sound a bit better than the HiFi M8 V1. Especially since it supports 32-bit audio. You can definitely tell there is more detail and clarity between 16-bit, 24-bit, and 32-bit audio.

The only gripe I have is that when I turn it on, it always defaults to bluetooth input. Does anyone know how to change that so USB is the default when it powers on? I know there is an INPUT button on the DAC to change inputs, but I do not want to have to change it every time I turn it on.

Feb 28, 2021 at 11:24 AM Post #610 of 820
Misplaced the included cable/adaptor, may need a replacement. Any ideas?

Feb 28, 2021 at 3:58 PM Post #612 of 820
Any USB-C to USB-C cable should work. Or USB-C to USB
Exactly, I bought a Type C to Type A cable just so that I don't have to worry about keeping track of that little adapter, it's short at 1.5ft. but not too short, and the right angle cable exit allows it to stay out of the way of the controls:

UGREEN USB C Cable

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2021 at 1:01 AM Post #613 of 820
I use this for the M8V2 connected to a M11 or smartphone from xduoo

1614578480050.png

Mar 2, 2021 at 2:36 PM Post #614 of 820
I just got my M8V2 and it's powering my Ultimate Ears Pro Live IEMs via unbalanced 3.5mm on Bluetooth and it's a DRAMATIC difference from stock using high quality streams from Spotify and Tidal and some FLAC files locally from both a cell phone and computer as well as via USB from both. I'm waiting on some balanced cables from Plussound to try out the balanced sound. Clear highs, noise-free lows, extra punch on all frequencies and no noise when there is no audio flowing. Talk about a complete 180 in listening experience!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back