The CEntrance Hi-Fi M8 V2 Thread
Jan 25, 2021 at 10:16 AM Post #511 of 820
I think ifi's Amps are probably even more powerful than Centrance M8V2.
As far as things could be comparable I think :
-> ifi produce more than 12.6V at 32ohms,
-> Astell &Kern Kann Alpha somewhere less than 11V
-> M8V2 around probably between 11 and 12V.

M8V2 is a class A amp and is already really over the needs of my HEDDphone (42Ohms and 87db/1mw sensitivity). The Kann Alpha has just enough power to move the HEDDphone correctly, though it sounds still better with a fiber Toslink connection to a THX887 amp.
Even if I don't intend to use it, the M8v2 can use some low and high frequencies adjustments that Diablo can't do and the iFi Signature still have too.

Before this first try, I was going to sell the Centrance M8V2 straight away and I was hesitating between iFi Diablo or even the pure amp like Cayin C9 !

As I opened the parcel now and I am a bit more impressed then expected by what is in my hand, I want to do some further personal evaluations of the possibilities.
Even the rather limited Bluetooth aac/sbc/aptx connection can maybe have a sense at home with some remote control (to control the smartphone with the Centrance in the pocket).
By the way, it is much smaller and lighter than what I expected a few months ago, so it can fit in any of my pockets much easier than expected. Even using the XLR4 plug gives me some psychological comfort with a really reliable hardware connection (using the genuine HEDD balanced cable).
I have the signature and can attest that it sounds awesome with the Heddphone, especially with xBass on. The Heddphone needs a little bass boost.

Jan 25, 2021 at 10:48 AM Post #512 of 820
After a few hours, it's maybe better than expected ... it seems to be worth to keep going on exploring it !

20210125_162700 copie.jpg

Jan 25, 2021 at 10:52 AM Post #513 of 820
I have the signature and can attest that it sounds awesome with the Heddphone, especially with xBass on. The Heddphone needs a little bass boost.

I can guess, it must be nice for sure, iFi is one of the secured way to go.
But last april/may I was intrigued by the Centrance M8 features, and I was thinking it would be in my hands more or less around June 2020.... not January 2021, so I ordered it for 750 $ all included...

Jan 25, 2021 at 11:30 AM Post #514 of 820
I can guess, it must be nice for sure, iFi is one of the secured way to go.
But last april/may I was intrigued by the Centrance M8 features, and I was thinking it would be in my hands more or less around June 2020.... not January 2021, so I ordered it for 750 $ all included...
Damn, June? That’s 6 months. Centrance has been around awhile, I think even longer than iFi, but they haven’t seem to grow much.

Jan 25, 2021 at 11:45 AM Post #515 of 820
I wish the volume knob had been the same type as on V1. Dont like the thumb wheel. I blew the drivers on my beloved B&W P7's within 10 minutes of receiving the V2 because I didn't know the volume setting. Good thing is that I was so sad about it that I purchased Klipsch HP-3's to replace them. (and then I bought another set of as new/used P7's anyway)

Jan 25, 2021 at 1:20 PM Post #516 of 820
I owned the Klipsch HP3’s for a while but sold them. I loved the sound. I never got used to the fit. I didn’t want to sell them, but didn’t use them much and I was racking up expensive headphones at the time.

Jan 25, 2021 at 5:19 PM Post #517 of 820
I owned the Klipsch HP3’s for a while but sold them. I loved the sound. I never got used to the fit. I didn’t want to sell them, but didn’t use them much and I was racking up expensive headphones at the time.
I purchased them without trying them out purely based on looks and reviews. They sound great and comparing with my other headphones, quite a different sound. The Hifi-m8 makes comparison easy :) Not so happy with the headband on the Klipsch, so I have ordered ZMF Co-pilot headband to try to improve comfort.

Jan 25, 2021 at 7:07 PM Post #518 of 820
I purchased them without trying them out purely based on looks and reviews. They sound great and comparing with my other headphones, quite a different sound. The Hifi-m8 makes comparison easy :) Not so happy with the headband on the Klipsch, so I have ordered ZMF Co-pilot headband to try to improve comfort.
The headband was the main issue for me. I ended up adding Dekoni Nuggets and that helped quite a bit (see Zeos review), but they still fell off too easy.

Jan 25, 2021 at 9:08 PM Post #519 of 820
Wow you beautiful people did it. I’ve dealt with hiss on balanced on my Andromeda and Solaris for the past few years, went through Fiio x5iii, x7ii, m11pro and now m15 and I still get hiss on balanced from the volume pot.

But this beautiful brick... no hiss, black, nothing.

I’m gonna go back to listening.

ps my order number was 1690

Jan 26, 2021 at 12:23 AM Post #520 of 820
Also regarding the 1/4” 20 thread in the back..

I have a bunch of video rig pieces laying around so I pieced together a holder that mounts to the screw hole. I can sit on the couch and listen as they’ve intended with the player suspended in the air next to me. Bravo Centrance 👏

20AFD501-34C8-4773-B803-151A21DF54BC.jpeg1155FF45-F6A5-404D-A7A3-B06ECAE76309.jpeg
B33508D6-49F5-434D-B01F-F4D0037716FE.jpeg

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2021 at 11:15 AM Post #521 of 820
Bought some protection for my Hifi-M8 V2. It’s a Pelican 1040 with form insert. Works perfectly!

267E99C7-4517-4FC8-A745-F87BAAEBD00D.jpeg

Jan 26, 2021 at 1:51 PM Post #522 of 820
A couple of people have already mentioned this, but CEntrance is now asking people to pay shipping costs. I assume this is true for everyone who pre-ordered, but my order, which I paid for 19 months ago, explicitly said "Free Shipping." I received an email last week saying my unit was ready and asking me to pay shipping -- I'm order #1744 -- and I responded with my invoice, which stated free shipping, and since then it's been radio silence.
It's frustrating, to say the least -- not only that units that were hundreds of orders after mine have already been sent and received but that I need to show them my receipt to remind them that free shipping was explicitly part of the deal -- and then be ghosted.
I know the massive delays have been unavoidable and obviously the shipping costs are not a big deal -- but given that they've had my money for over a year-and-a-half, it's a lousy feeling to feel like I'm being played for an extra $15 -- and it's a really lousy feeling to then be ignored when I point that out. I guess they're assuming most people won't bother to look at their original receipts?
This is the second Hifi-M8 I've pre-ordered. Frustrating to be treated this way.

Jan 26, 2021 at 1:53 PM Post #523 of 820
A couple of people have already mentioned this, but CEntrance is now asking people to pay shipping costs. I assume this is true for everyone who pre-ordered, but my order, which I paid for 19 months ago, explicitly said "Free Shipping." I received an email last week saying my unit was ready and asking me to pay shipping -- I'm order #1744 -- and I responded with my invoice, which stated free shipping, and since then it's been radio silence.
It's frustrating, to say the least -- not only that units that were hundreds of orders after mine have already been sent and received but that I need to show them my receipt to remind them that free shipping was explicitly part of the deal -- and then be ghosted.
I know the massive delays have been unavoidable and obviously the shipping costs are not a big deal -- but given that they've had my money for over a year-and-a-half, it's a lousy feeling to feel like I'm being played for an extra $15 -- and it's a really lousy feeling to then be ignored when I point that out. I guess they're assuming most people won't bother to look at their original receipts?
This is the second Hifi-M8 I've pre-ordered. Frustrating to be treated this way.
CEntrance has been very shady with the M8, I’m not happy at all, I just want to get over this.

Jan 26, 2021 at 4:06 PM Post #524 of 820
When the pre-order started, there was info about shipping. 1 The text on the pre-order page said that the shipping fee will be collected later. 2 And they will work with carriers to make special taxes for contributors.
So everything is normal with the first statement. But the second part is not completed at all (because the overseas fee is very expensive..$65)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back