The CEntrance Hi-Fi M8 V2 Thread
Jan 15, 2021 at 4:30 AM Post #466 of 820
My order was #2239 and I didn’t receive any notification yet.

I have no idea how it's working with Centrance (nothing seems to be very clear)..
Maybe the difference is that I ordered a version with the Bluetooth option, when this was not included in the M8 V2, so, I didn't have any extra $ to pay for this final version. I don't know if for orders without the BT option there is something to add or not.

Jan 15, 2021 at 10:15 PM Post #468 of 820
I just finally received my unit this week (order 1670). I'm pretty pleased with it but it's pretty power hungry and doesn't seem to hold a charge long, at least for how long I've tested using it this week. However, I planned to use it as a desktop DAC/amp so it's done well. It gets pretty hot while it's in use (whether in charge mode when plugged through data or not charging). I'm hoping others get their units soon.

Jan 15, 2021 at 10:16 PM Post #469 of 820
I'm 1661, hadn't heard either. Send an email to CEntrance-i did last night, and Michael had them check, then move me up to get it soon. I think they've lost track of some orders (I sent my email purchase confirmation).

Jan 15, 2021 at 11:05 PM Post #470 of 820
As I expected, while the bluetooth side works fine, feeding high resolution into the usb-c sounds so much better. No problems driving the Focal Elex in balanced mode. And my initial listening session was one that I had planned on 30 minutes, and 2 hrs later I finally pulled the Angies out of my ears.

Jan 16, 2021 at 2:53 AM Post #471 of 820
I'm 1661, hadn't heard either. Send an email to CEntrance-i did last night, and Michael had them check, then move me up to get it soon. I think they've lost track of some orders (I sent my email purchase confirmation).
This is what I did and I got my tracking number yesterday. I should have my unit next week. I can't wait to see how it compares to the DACportable and Hugo 2

Jan 16, 2021 at 4:03 AM Post #472 of 820
As I expected, while the bluetooth side works fine, feeding high resolution into the usb-c sounds so much better. No problems driving the Focal Elex in balanced mode. And my initial listening session was one that I had planned on 30 minutes, and 2 hrs later I finally pulled the Angies out of my ears.

Unfortunately, it seems Centance M8V2 is using a very limited BT connection to 320Kbps (more or less like Apple).. and not a much better LDAC at 990Kbps for a nearly 24bits 96khz.. at least a full 24 bits 48khz.

Jan 16, 2021 at 1:59 PM Post #473 of 820
Sorry to hear that about the Bluetooth, @jstachowski. My main sources don't have digital out (Pono, DTR-1), I figured I'd mostly my phone as a source, an LG v40. I can use the port digitally out from usb-c, but I listen to my players going to bed, and charge the phone overnight, which will mean either I use it for music or charge it (unless I use Bluetooth, which was what I hoped to do).
I'm very curious how the @Slim1970 comparison with the Hugo 2 goes...

Jan 16, 2021 at 2:32 PM Post #474 of 820
Sorry to hear that about the Bluetooth, @jstachowski. My main sources don't have digital out (Pono, DTR-1), I figured I'd mostly my phone as a source, an LG v40. I can use the port digitally out from usb-c, but I listen to my players going to bed, and charge the phone overnight, which will mean either I use it for music or charge it (unless I use Bluetooth, which was what I hoped to do).
And realistically it sounds like the best bluetooth implementation I have. But I haven't heard LDAC.

Thanks!

Jan 17, 2021 at 5:41 AM Post #475 of 820
You can use wireless charging and use you smartphone while listening to the music, isn’t it?

Jan 17, 2021 at 12:45 PM Post #476 of 820
Haven't gotten a wireless charging set up, but that's a good idea @nsk1979.

Jan 17, 2021 at 1:19 PM Post #477 of 820
Unfortunately .. it's incompatible with a microSD Usb-c adapter .. If BT was LDAC 990bkps and limited to 320Kbps, it would have been a nice option for overseas travel Centrance M8v2 <=> Galaxy Z fold 2 (1Tb of hires files & Qobuz) with samsung wireless 10000mah 25W battery pack. :o2smile:
1610906912300.png
1610907438956.png

Jan 18, 2021 at 12:33 AM Post #479 of 820
As a weird update since I received mine this week: I have to use two USB C cables to ensure this stays on. Even though the "charge" switch is set to On (allows the V2 to charge while using USB-C through the data port), it won't stay on longer than a minute if only one cable is in. Very odd.

Jan 18, 2021 at 3:16 AM Post #480 of 820
As a weird update since I received mine this week: I have to use two USB C cables to ensure this stays on. Even though the "charge" switch is set to On (allows the V2 to charge while using USB-C through the data port), it won't stay on longer than a minute if only one cable is in. Very odd.
I think you need to contact with Centrance regarding this issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back