The CEntrance Hi-Fi M8 V2 Thread
May 17, 2020 at 1:22 PM Post #168 of 820
I confirmed my shipping address for Michael on Friday, so I should be getting the review sample this week.
You are so lucky. I'm eagerly awaiting mine, this is painful. I want to compare it to my DACportable.

May 17, 2020 at 2:42 PM Post #169 of 820
May 17, 2020 at 2:43 PM Post #170 of 820
You are so lucky. I'm eagerly awaiting mine, this is painful. I want to compare it to my DACportable.

Well, it's not like I'm lacking in gear so much that I'm super lucky to get the review sample a few weeks early, but I do appreciate their trust in me to give them my unbiased insight with a wide variety of headphones, IEM, and music selections :ksc75smile:

I still enjoy my Hi-Fi M8 V1 and BlueDAC a lot these days with my laptop rig. Plus my less expensive DACportable and DACportHD are quite good after many years, and hold their own vs newer gear like NuPrime Hi mDAC and Fiio BTR5 via USB.

May 17, 2020 at 2:44 PM Post #171 of 820
May 17, 2020 at 2:49 PM Post #172 of 820
Any idea when it might go out to the rest of us? Been using various DAPs, which have bitten the dust (though this is probably too bulky for a real portable solution). Was using a Geek Out SE v1 for my computer set up, which also seem to have bitten the dust, this is likely to go there (mostly using my Pono and my speaker set up now).

May 17, 2020 at 3:07 PM Post #173 of 820
My review sample will be ready to ship midweek, Tuesday at the soonest. If the 5 reviewers are happy with them then they will build them as is, but they are willing to tweak the product if the reviewers show that it is desirable to make some small changes. They have tested the boards with a variety of headphones, and the 5 reviewers have a large sample of headphones that CEntrance doesn't have access to test synergy. "We have tested it with several models of beyerdynamic headphones such as T1, 880 and others. Also LCD 2. Also a number of IEM's including shure 535."

It's been a nightmare getting the right parts due to CoVid-19. They can't fly to China to work things out, and have to deal via email with the language barrier to describe what they want on the little things - such as the nuts holding the headphone jack could be too big and cover print on the case, and then they have to decide whether to reprint the case or find new jacks, and the list goes on.

Their best estimate is shipping in June, and not early June.

May 17, 2020 at 3:10 PM Post #174 of 820
My review sample will be ready to ship midweek, Tuesday at the soonest. If the 5 reviewers are happy with them then they will build them as is, but they are willing to tweak the product if the reviewers show that it is desirable to make some small changes. They have tested the boards with a variety of headphones, and the 5 reviewers have a large sample of headphones that CEntrance doesn't have access to test synergy. "We have tested it with several models of beyerdynamic headphones such as T1, 880 and others. Also LCD 2. Also a number of IEM's including shure 535."

It's been a nightmare getting the right parts due to CoVid-19. They can't fly to China to work things out, and have to deal via email with the language barrier to describe what they want on the little things - such as the nuts holding the headphone jack could be too big and cover print on the case, and then they have to decide whether to reprint the case or find new jacks, and the list goes on.

Their best estimate is shipping in June, and not early June.
Thanks for the update! Looking forward to some early first impressions with pics I hope :) .

May 23, 2020 at 8:58 PM Post #175 of 820
IMG_6028.jpeg
IMG_6027.jpeg
IMG_6030.jpeg

We have the kids home for the holiday weekend, so I only got to listen to ONE song with my JH13Pro before their demands for my full attention took over.

IMPRESSIONS: Fantastic.

To be continued...

May 23, 2020 at 9:40 PM Post #176 of 820

We have the kids home for the holiday weekend, so I only got to listen to ONE song with my JH13Pro before their demands for my full attention took over.

To be continued...
It looks freaking awesome!

May 24, 2020 at 1:20 AM Post #177 of 820

To be continued...
But BA iems.

May 24, 2020 at 2:26 AM Post #178 of 820
But BA iems.

Trust me, Imma throw about a dozen different IEM and another dozen different full size headphones at them over the next week... So far with the JH13Pro I had in my to-go travel bag (I worry less about losing them when I throw my bag around than my ES60 and Roxanne) the M8 V2 sounds incredibly transparent and invisible. It just freaking gets out of the way, with BT or USB!

To be continued...

May 24, 2020 at 3:49 AM Post #179 of 820
Still no idea of the available power of this unit ? more than 1W or preferably 2W ? at 32Ohms
Basically, I didn't guess there wouldn't any use with IEM, but much more with far less sensitive Headphones..

May 25, 2020 at 3:16 AM Post #180 of 820
Still no idea of the available power of this unit ? more than 1W or preferably 2W ? at 32Ohms
Basically, I didn't guess there wouldn't any use with IEM, but much more with far less sensitive Headphones..

They are still doing measurement, so the "at least 1.4 watts" I was told will be clarified soon. At one point Michael was afraid it had too much power and they turned it down! I have been busy with family over the Memorial Day weekend, and I still have a lot of testing to do. I have not even started trying my hardest to drive phones yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back