The CEntrance Hi-Fi M8 V2 Thread
Oct 30, 2019 at 9:01 PM Post #121 of 820
Given all other CEntrance products this will most likely be a hit as well so whatever time it takes I am willing to wait. Gave away my old HiFi-M8 to a friend who did not know what CEntrance was (a Sony fan) and he was totally amazed by the quality compared to the price.
That's nice.

I am not asking them to NOT take their time. I just want to know what's going on because I'm curious to know more about their process like they've updated previously. Obviously they're going to take as long as they need and that's okay.

Nov 5, 2019 at 8:54 PM Post #122 of 820
Is there still pre-order pricing via a link? I am a long ago DACPort buyer and am interested in buying.

Nov 6, 2019 at 3:02 AM Post #123 of 820
Is the analog input just for an amplifier output or is there ADC functionality? Would be great for my needs.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2019 at 6:25 AM Post #124 of 820
ADC, analog digital converter, huh? I hadn't seem that mentioned, would be useful (CEntrance has a portables recorder, what is that but an ADC did Mic input?)

Nov 6, 2019 at 9:51 PM Post #125 of 820
ADC, analog digital converter, huh? I hadn't seem that mentioned, would be useful (CEntrance has a portables recorder, what is that but an ADC did Mic input?)

Yeah the mixerface and micport are really nifty looking products. Personally in the single audio device solution utility spectrum of "hi fi dac/amp" to "PC soundcard" to "audio interface" I fall firmly into the "dac/amp" category but a little bit of hobby/prosumer grade audio input would go a long way.

Next closest thing would probably be one of Apogee's portable interfaces, firmly on the "audio interface" side of spectrum but AFAIK they have a decent reputation for headphone output quality.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2019 at 10:34 PM Post #126 of 820
Ah, just saw this thread. Interested to know what the power output will be, since that's a primary concern for me (I presume it'll be pretty grunty given the full-size XLR output). Don't care particularly about what DAC, presuming a good implementation (which seems fairly safe given the manufacturer here) should reach audibly transparent levels with whatever they run with. Looks like USB-C confirmed, which is great.

Nov 6, 2019 at 10:44 PM Post #128 of 820
Nov 13, 2019 at 9:26 AM Post #130 of 820
Guys and gals, a quick update if you are not on the mailing list. The HiFi-M8 V2 prototypes work, on both USB audio and BT audio inputs. LED meters work. There were a couple of small bugs on the first prototype, but they are minor and easy to fix. Now we are making final tweaks to the electrical and mechanical design, preparing this beast for production and will be placing production orders this month. Trying to get this thing released ASAP. Hang in there, it will be a reality soon!

Nov 13, 2019 at 9:42 AM Post #131 of 820
This is sort of off topic, but I trying to decide whether to pre-order the M8V2 with or without bluetooth and I'm sure which one.

I would like to send FLAC from Roon/Tidal from a tablet/phone via bluetooth to the M8V2. I am in the Apple ecosystem and I have read that iOS does not do lossless over bluetooth. What about MacOS? If I buy an Android tablet, would that be able to send lossless via bluetooth from Roon/Tidal? Does the M8V2 bluetooth module support lossless?

Nov 17, 2019 at 4:39 PM Post #132 of 820
This is sort of off topic, but I trying to decide whether to pre-order the M8V2 with or without bluetooth and I'm sure which one.

I would like to send FLAC from Roon/Tidal from a tablet/phone via bluetooth to the M8V2. I am in the Apple ecosystem and I have read that iOS does not do lossless over bluetooth. What about MacOS? If I buy an Android tablet, would that be able to send lossless via bluetooth from Roon/Tidal? Does the M8V2 bluetooth module support lossless?
Any advantages you will get from lossless files are likely lost as soon as you move to Bluetooth.

Nov 17, 2019 at 9:51 PM Post #133 of 820
Any advantages you will get from lossless files are likely lost as soon as you move to Bluetooth.
On what basis do you say this? What does the Bluetooth connection use? FLAC isn't a lot of data.

Nov 17, 2019 at 10:23 PM Post #135 of 820

Why not bluetooth with lossless files? Otherwise you're re-compressing an already lossy mp3 file with a second different lossy BT codec.

AFAIK, unless you are talking about some new protocol or other workaround there is not lossless bluetooth audio. Android has AptX HD and LDAC bluetooth codecs which are 'hi res' but not lossless (it's lossy just at higher sampling rate or whatever).

I think the only way to get lossless wirelessly ATM is through network-protocol type WifFi setups via Airplay/Chromecast/DNLA .

I thought there will be an aux in

Since they said there is no ADC, that is likely just an analog input for the amplifier (unless they removed aux-in for the final version).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back