The CEntrance Hi-Fi M8 V2 Thread
Jan 29, 2021 at 11:57 AM Post #541 of 820
I own many usb-c DAPs, smartphones, portable amps most able to charge very fast with PD chargers..
I own many usb-c chargers, external batteries most of them QC & PD from Apple, Samsung, Anker, Aukey, etc .. usually I have no issue to charge most of my daps and smartphones with a high speed !!! I couldn't imagine it would be an issue too with the M8 V8 too ! None can charge the batteries from less than 20% (1 blinking light left) faster than 5V and 0.5A ????

So where can we find an optional charger to buy as a special compatible Centrance M8V2 to hope to charge faster than 10 hours (best I could do till now) ? I would hope within 4hours and not an all night to charge .

Jan 29, 2021 at 12:05 PM Post #542 of 820
I own many usb-c DAPs, smartphones, portable amps most able to charge very fast with PD chargers..
I own many usb-c chargers, external batteries most of them QC & PD from Apple, Samsung, Anker, Aukey, etc .. usually I have no issue to charge most of my daps and smartphones with a high speed !!! I couldn't imagine it would be an issue too with the M8 V8 too ! None can charge the batteries from less than 20% (1 blinking light left) faster than 5V and 0.5A ????

So where can we find an optional charger to buy as a special compatible Centrance M8V2 to hope to charge faster than 10 hours (best I could do till now) ? I would hope within 4hours and not an all night to charge .
My guess is that you need a regular USB charger, the M8 might have a regular USB 2 port, so none of the fancy fast charging protocols work. I have multiple devices that are like that.

Jan 29, 2021 at 12:12 PM Post #543 of 820
:sob: :sob: :sob: :sob:

Jan 31, 2021 at 9:02 AM Post #544 of 820
CEntrance is a very serious and quality oriented company. Michael Goodman and his staff goes out of their way to help out. I get replies to my emails even on a Sunday morning. I have used CEntrance products for 12 years and still use the 2504 MasterClass DAC/speaker combination and so far never been disappointed of their quality. Using the MixerFace as well, strongly build quality products. I can say that the rubber volume control on V1 was better. I do not like the bass/treble controls on V2. Prefer to be able to use my fingers (Steve Jobs hated the Pencil...) but I am sure that CEntrance had a thinking behind. I use my V2 almost every day and LOVE it. Tried large brands like Sony and others but I always end up with the small sound and quality oriented company.
I am NOT in any way connected to the company. Just have a relatively long relation with CEntrance products and have never been disappointed.

Jan 31, 2021 at 11:11 AM Post #545 of 820
Also don't like the controls on v2, but I do love being able to pocket it.
Wondering, can v2 act as an amp, if I send line out from a player that doesn't have digital out?

Feb 1, 2021 at 5:47 AM Post #548 of 820
I could play this weekend with my HEDDphone by hedd, the Sony Z7M2 and various DAP/Smartphones .. Sony WM1A, FIIO M11 and A&K Kann Alpha & Galaxy Z Fold 2.
I would say, it's not as powerful as I expected. The Fiio M11 is not really far behind, though I like M8V2 sound in USB-C DAC mode or even unexpectedly in BT mode with the Smartphone or WM1A ..
I could take a picture in my office with the M11 (2x1Tb SD), Qobuz with some (smartphones) magnets to keep both items attached together. Such combo is really working fine !!

20210201_104159PSCC.jpg

Feb 2, 2021 at 3:41 PM Post #549 of 820
I have spent some days with it now ... and I think the Bluetooth experience is not at the level it should be.
It's not a completely black background as it should be, as soon as the connection active with a smartphone or a DAP (Fiio M11) there is a permanent small hiss in the background that I don't have with a qudelix 5G even in aptx and not using ldac in 4v output (same volume level with a ier-z1r hot or cool side and low or high gain).
So I would say it is concerned with BT the chipset and not the Aptx Protocol itself.

Feb 3, 2021 at 4:14 AM Post #550 of 820
Yesterday I wanted to control the BT volume with my smartphone or DAP (Fiio M11), so I was setting the M8V2 at a very high volume level and the smartphone in between => in this situation the hiss on the M8V2 is important and quite annoying.
But, If I put the smartphone volume level at maximum and the M8V2 at a much lower volume, hiss becomes unnoticeable, though it is not really comfortable to adjust volume with the small volume knob on the M8V2.

At least there is a way to avoid background hiss in BT mode and enjoy music.

Feb 3, 2021 at 4:25 AM Post #551 of 820
Yesterday I wanted to control the BT volume with my smartphone or DAP (Fiio M11), so I was setting the M8V2 at a very high volume level and the smartphone in between => in this situation the hiss on the M8V2 is important and quite annoying.
But, If I put the smartphone volume level at maximum and the M8V2 at a much lower volume, hiss becomes unnoticeable, though it is not really comfortable to adjust volume with the small volume knob on the M8V2.

At least there is a way to avoid background hiss in BT mode and enjoy music.
It's the ordinary recommendation to set max volume on the source to get max BT quality

Feb 3, 2021 at 4:47 AM Post #552 of 820
I would say it's an old ordinary recommendation, I forgot it these last years !!
As, I don't need to do such thing at all with any of my usual BT receiver like Qudelix 5G, Es100mk2, Sony WM1A, Fiio M11 => all of these are 100% hiss free at max volume in Aptx or Ldac while the M8V2 is not hiss free!
It's definitely much more comfortable for receivers like M8V2 that has no Remote Control to adjust volume on the source by remote.
20210201_104159PSCC.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2021 at 5:43 AM Post #554 of 820
The major issue was the monstrous delay between the end of the pre-order period (end may 2020) and even giving the final specs and the delivery of the M8V2.
It was claimed by Centrance to leave room for improvements till the last moment of production.
LDAC was long time ago asked and we are some to pre-order the Bluetooth option which was not included in the M8V2 till June 2020 (then included in pre orders and no more an option).
It's clear, that in June 2020 LDAC could have been one of the "small improvements" included in the final specs (that came only a few weeks ago).

I definitely agree as someone who's pre-order confirmation was "Thu, Jun 27, 2019, 8:27 PM." I'm a fan of CEntrance after funding their Indiegogo for the Mixerface portable recording interface. Though the 3? 4? years between when I initially backed it to its shipment was...still a serious record holder for any Kickstarter/Indiegogo project I've backed, every reason for the wait was completely understandable, and as far as I'm concerned the technology in the Mixerface was more than adequately kept up date until just a short while before it shipped.

I would consider LDAC a small improvement, and one, that sure, I can live without, but given the span of time it took them to make final "small improvements" of the sort, it just seems an unfortunate omission. I never received my e-mail requesting address confirmation so, as requested in the most recent e-mail update, I sent that along.

I really hope I can come back here once I actually receive mine, and report that its absolutely everything I would hope for in its price range and a steal at the $450 pre-order price (though...a year and a half...) I still have hope given my general satisfaction with the Mixerface on all fronts (for its price.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back