1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The CD Collection Personality Test

Discussion in 'Music' started by youngclayb, Jul 17, 2007.
First

Back
1 2 3
  1. asmox
    I think it'd be cool to meet somebody who shares my tastes, but I realize that this is a mostly unrealistic expectation. So for the most part, I leave music out of the friend-making process because... well... if I made friends according to musical preferences, I wouldn't have any friends outside of Internet communities.

It can be nice as an afterthought though... "Oh wow, you like Pain of Salvation, Meshuggah, Estradasphere, Spastic Ink, Hammers of Misfortune, Venetian Snares, Isis, Behold... the Arctopus, Thinking Plague, and Depeche Mode? Sweet!" ...*your reputation with asmox has increased by 2500*...

None of my RL friends like any of that stuff though, and that's cool. I don't like any of what they listen to either [​IMG]

edit: what I really, really don't like though (and what actually might influence my opinion of a person) is conscious musical ignorance. For example - "metal sucks", "rock is dead", "electronic music takes no talent", "rap and hip-hop killed music", "there's nothing interesting going on with modern music", et al. Anybody who likes to spit out similar nonsense should probably keep far away from me.

2. antiant
    Quote:

Originally Posted by asmox /img/forum/go_quote.gif

edit: what I really, really don't like though (and what actually might influence my opinion of a person) is conscious musical ignorance. For example - "metal sucks", "rock is dead", "electronic music takes no talent", "rap and hip-hop killed music", "there's nothing interesting going on with modern music", et al. Anybody who likes to spit out similar nonsense should probably keep far away from me.

agreed, that's close minded thinking, if anything i like to retort back and say that the music isn't dead, but they are...those people don't know how to actually search/look for new music, we have so many billions of people in this world and you mean to tell me, it's all the same? open your eyes and turn off the radio, learn to use your computer, it's amazing what you can find out there [​IMG]

3. whistler
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatticus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    Where you ever in that old TV show Night Court?

Nope, not as talented as Harry Anderson.

4. Gatticus
    I expect you got a kick out of him being a big Mel Torme fan. Mel has a great voice.

5. YoungClayB
    I work for a fortune 500 company and sit in a cubicle about 60 hours a week. Its interesting that hardly anyone I work with gives a crap about music at all.

Whats even more interesting is that the people that I get along with best at work are the ones that DO have an interest in music. I didn't plan it this way; I didn't subject them to my "CD Collection Personality Test" or anything. lol These are just the people that I naturally hit it off with.

6. Sir Nobax
    Heck, this is useless.

As a newbie music/audio fan i don't have any of the CD's mentioned here, hell, i don't like either one of them...

Could explain my evil personality though. [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Purgatos
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltrane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    So what exactly do people with 'totally different interests' do and talk about when they hang out?

I think you take me too literally, but also I don't think I elaborated enough, so it's my fault.

For me, my friendships are based on sense of humor and being able to enjoy conversation. I have very few friends who like the same music or movies etc as I do. The problem I find is that if we like too much of that same stuff, we end up talking about that more than anything else and it's not very interesting.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatticus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    If they are male - sports

I don't know any guys who are into sports as much as I am, either.

First

Back
1 2 3