The Car/Motorcycle/Motorsport/Anything fast enough to do something stupid in thread!
Jan 25, 2009 at 10:18 PM Post #586 of 1,511
Quote:

Originally Posted by cash68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Jesus H Christ. What do you do for a living? Are they all paid off, or are you living out of your means like most Americans?

No, I don't believe in being highly leveraged for cars. The BMW is written off on a business lease but the GT-R and Merc are free & clear. I bought them with the money I saved from dropping my headphone addiction... seriously.

The GT-R is all I drive these days. 8K miles in 4 months.

As for work.... I'm just taking it easy these days.

Jan 25, 2009 at 10:37 PM Post #587 of 1,511
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleestack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, I don't believe in being highly leveraged for cars. The BMW is written off on a business lease but the GT-R and Merc are free & clear. I bought them with the money I saved from dropping my headphone addiction... seriously.

The GT-R is all I drive these days. 8K miles in 4 months.

As for work.... I'm just taking it easy these days.

what do you do?
confused_face(1).gif

Jan 25, 2009 at 11:35 PM Post #588 of 1,511
Must sell drugs, or take advantage of the stock market before it crashed. That'd be my guesses. Course, he has no time to work these days.... ever tried keeping ONE black car clean? hehehe. 3 must be damn near impossible. I'm never buying a black car again.

Jan 26, 2009 at 3:22 AM Post #590 of 1,511
Quote:

Originally Posted by cash68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Must sell drugs, or take advantage of the stock market before it crashed. That'd be my guesses. Course, he has no time to work these days.... ever tried keeping ONE black car clean? hehehe. 3 must be damn near impossible. I'm never buying a black car again.

Nothing quite so exciting. Just a dozen years doing corp. law and asset management. Just taking a breather before engaging in something more fun.

I always say I will never buy another black car, but when I see them, I can't resist. Luckily I have a top notch detailer that likes my business.

Jan 26, 2009 at 3:58 AM Post #591 of 1,511
Where do you live? Here in WI, the salt makes a black car instantly grey. Like, I'll get my car washed, and drive 3 blocks home, and it's already dirty. It's impossible.

Jan 26, 2009 at 6:51 PM Post #592 of 1,511
Jan 28, 2009 at 1:47 AM Post #595 of 1,511
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duffy1207 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can I ask about that merc, I notice Brabus badges, what's it packing?

No those are Evosport badges. They have all sorts of tuning packages for Mercs and BMWs, but this was a one off project car from them. I nick named it deathtrap cuz it has significantly more power than my GT-R with about 1/10th of the handling.

Jan 28, 2009 at 7:31 AM Post #596 of 1,511
Nice cars, Richard! Shame that you've dropped your headphone addiction!

I'd love to catch a ride in your GT-R. Did you know that CanJam '09 is being held in LA this year on March 30-31? It would be cool to see you there. There will be a number of people riding down from the Bay area. They're even thinking about doing a party bus!

Jan 28, 2009 at 7:47 AM Post #597 of 1,511
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice cars, Richard! Shame that you've dropped your headphone addiction!

I'd love to catch a ride in your GT-R. Did you know that CanJam '09 is being held in LA this year on March 30-31? It would be cool to see you there. There will be a number of people riding down from the Bay area. They're even thinking about doing a party bus!

Great hearing from you Wayne. You know.. I've always been a speaker guy. I do use those Denon D2000s out of my keyboards.

Ever get that Atom? I'll try to get down there with the GT-R. If not let me know whenever you are in the Bay area.

Jan 28, 2009 at 3:49 PM Post #598 of 1,511
Quote:

No those are Evosport badges. They have all sorts of tuning packages for Mercs and BMWs, but this was a one off project car from them. I nick named it deathtrap cuz it has significantly more power than my GT-R with about 1/10th of the handling.

My mistake, obviously didn't look hard enough.
I guess it's a V8, then, what sort of power's it got, then, I assume <500bhp if its more than the GTR?

Jan 28, 2009 at 4:06 PM Post #599 of 1,511
Quote:

Great hearing from you Wayne. You know.. I've always been a speaker guy. I do use those Denon D2000s out of my keyboards.

Ever get that Atom? I'll try to get down there with the GT-R. If not let me know whenever you are in the Bay area.

Yup! I've had it since July '07 and am loving every mile. It would be fun to do a cruise with the Atom and GT-R on some of the twisty roads out your way. I should be in the Bay area toward the end of March with the Atom in tow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back