The Car/Motorcycle/Motorsport/Anything fast enough to do something stupid in thread!
Feb 10, 2009 at 3:19 PM Post #738 of 1,511

krmathis

Head-Fi's Most Prolific Poster
Joined
Jan 13, 2004
Posts
34,761
Likes
76
Quote:

Originally Posted by cash68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice bike.


Thanks!
About perfect for my use. Powerful enough (110hp), and quite comfortable for longer rides.
 
Feb 10, 2009 at 4:02 PM Post #739 of 1,511

cash68

1000+ Head-Fier
Joined
Nov 21, 2005
Posts
1,186
Likes
13
I've been thinking about fixing my bike....but 1968 Czech parts are kind of hard to find. :| Here's a shot of it anyway:

Jawa%20Manet%20Tatran%20S%20125%2003.jpg
 
Feb 10, 2009 at 5:03 PM Post #740 of 1,511

krmathis

Head-Fi's Most Prolific Poster
Joined
Jan 13, 2004
Posts
34,761
Likes
76
/me quite like the looks of the new KTM RC8R as well..
biggrin.gif

170hp V-twin, 182kg...

ktm%20rc8r_2009%20(9).jpg

ktm%20rc8r_2009%20(1).jpg

ktm%20rc8r_2009%20(6).jpg
 
Feb 10, 2009 at 5:14 PM Post #741 of 1,511

cash68

1000+ Head-Fier
Joined
Nov 21, 2005
Posts
1,186
Likes
13
Just saw that 2 days ago at the international motorcycle show in Chicago. I did some work for Harley Davidson redesigning the FLH touring bike. Here's a couple shots of what we presented at the show:

n107500324_30169649_7411.jpg

n107500324_30169662_6960.jpg

n107500324_30169661_234.jpg

n107500324_30169652_3006.jpg

n107500324_30169658_6943.jpg

n107500324_30169654_959.jpg
 
Feb 11, 2009 at 7:55 AM Post #744 of 1,511

cash68

1000+ Head-Fier
Joined
Nov 21, 2005
Posts
1,186
Likes
13
Meh, too big/fat. Oh, and $37,000 for a taurus?! B ahhahahahaahahhahahahaahahahaha. Good luck Ford. Pretty sure most people with that kind of cash will be getting something German.
 
Feb 11, 2009 at 8:07 AM Post #745 of 1,511

nsx_23

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Aug 24, 2005
Posts
5,000
Likes
9
With 365bhp and 4WD?

Drop the Ford badge for a minute. This looks nicer than anything the germans are offering at the moment. A6 was a handsome looking thing until Audi decided its grille wasn't big enough, BMW completely ****ed up the 5 series thanks to Bangle and the new E Class looks downright ugly with very undefined styling lines, especially at the front.
 
Feb 11, 2009 at 2:10 PM Post #746 of 1,511

cash68

1000+ Head-Fier
Joined
Nov 21, 2005
Posts
1,186
Likes
13
Yeah. Too much. Because I promise you 365hp isn't enough power to make up for the fact that that thing is a LARDASS. If stage 2 Subaru Legacy can blow away a Charger SRT8, this thing follows the same rule. People see the power rating, and then go completely dumb and ignore how big and heavy the car is. The thing is most likely going to weight over 4000 lbs, which means a regular WRX probably has a better power to weight ratio.
 
Feb 11, 2009 at 2:34 PM Post #747 of 1,511

PScal

New Head-Fier
Joined
Sep 24, 2007
Posts
48
Likes
10
Quote:

Originally Posted by cash68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

As for the M5, it was ruined as soon as they changed to that body style. Performance be damned, THIS is the one to own:

M5.JPG



Agreed! Someday I shall have an E39 M5. Right now I have an '00 540/6spd with a few dinan add ons. Black, debadged is the only way to go! As prices on these drop, they are becoming a real bargain.

IMG_4577.jpg


IMG_4567.jpg
 
Feb 11, 2009 at 2:47 PM Post #748 of 1,511

MaZa

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Mar 7, 2006
Posts
6,162
Likes
14
Quote:

Originally Posted by PScal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Agreed! Someday I shall have an E39 M5. Right now I have an '00 540/6spd with a few dinan add ons. Black, debadged is the only way to go! As prices on these drop, they are becoming a real bargain.



E39 is the last good looking BMW (except the rear, it looks a bit short and flat compared to earlier models.), after that they turned so ugly and they still are.


Quote:

With 365bhp and 4WD?

Drop the Ford badge for a minute. This looks nicer than anything the germans are offering at the moment. A6 was a handsome looking thing until Audi decided its grille wasn't big enough, BMW completely ****ed up the 5 series thanks to Bangle and the new E Class looks downright ugly with very undefined styling lines, especially at the front.



Its a good looking car and nice specs, but is it just me or does it look a bit like Saab...?
confused_face(1).gif
 
Feb 11, 2009 at 3:42 PM Post #749 of 1,511

krmathis

Head-Fi's Most Prolific Poster
Joined
Jan 13, 2004
Posts
34,761
Likes
76
Quote:

Originally Posted by cash68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just saw that 2 days ago at the international motorcycle show in Chicago. I did some work for Harley Davidson redesigning the FLH touring bike. Here's a couple shots of what we presented at the show:

http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-...69649_7411.jpg
http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-...69662_6960.jpg
http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-...169661_234.jpg
http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-...69652_3006.jpg
http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-...69658_6943.jpg
http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-...169654_959.jpg



To each their own!
smile.gif

Nice clay work, but not a design of my taste...
 
Feb 11, 2009 at 3:57 PM Post #750 of 1,511

cash68

1000+ Head-Fier
Joined
Nov 21, 2005
Posts
1,186
Likes
13
Hey, me neither. Designing a harley is damn near impossible; they don't want you to change anything. It sucks.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top