The Car/Motorcycle/Motorsport/Anything fast enough to do something stupid in thread!
Mar 26, 2010 at 10:51 AM Post #1,502 of 1,511
I love motorcycling, but like some others have commented on the article webpage, I just can't trust other road users to be aware of someone on a motorcycle.

Its sad really. Few things in life offer that feeling of freedom riding a motorcycle along your favorite stretch of road
frown.gif

Mar 26, 2010 at 11:48 AM Post #1,503 of 1,511
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A sad day for bikers all over the world.

What a tragedy!
frown.gif

My thoughts go out to the family of the three lost ones, and to the ones who are badly injured.

Clear evidence how risky motorcycle riding can be. It does not matter how careful you ride, as there are always mindless idiots out there doing their best to run you down.

The driver totally screwed up. Put him at least behind bars for a LONG time.

Mar 26, 2010 at 6:30 PM Post #1,504 of 1,511
If the driver was hones enough to say that he was reaching for papers on the floor, then, his life is going to be a mental hell, for the rest of his time on this earth.

It just shows, that you can prepare a whole lifetime, and then 1 second incident can change your life for ever (for both the innocents and the person who caused the accident).

Apr 8, 2010 at 2:53 PM Post #1,509 of 1,511
Quote:

Originally Posted by funch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well kids, the tox report on the driver came back, and he's in jail.
Anyone want to guess what he tested positive for? Keep in mind that he's a truck driver.

Alcohol?

Apr 9, 2010 at 12:35 AM Post #1,510 of 1,511
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
speed?

Yep, meth. A field sobriety was negative, but since he appeared impaired,
they took blood, and sent it for a tox screening. Until the results came back,
they had him under surveilance. Once the tox results came back, they
busted him. I guess the authorities knew all along how it was going to
turn out.

Dec 11, 2010 at 12:52 PM Post #1,511 of 1,511
This makes me very, very happy! My '04 R32 is getting a bit up there in mileage, and I'll be replacing it with this in the next year or so.... hopefully I can wait long enough to let all the silly dealer markups die down, or pick one up very lightly used as I did with my R32. 

I've had the R32 for six and a half years, which has never happened for me with a car. And I still am giddy driving to work daily. Usually I only have a car for about three years before I get a bit bored. I so look forward to an even more agile, quick, R-line Golf now. 

http://www.vwvortex.com/artman/publish/article_2831.shtml

Users who are viewing this thread

Back