The Brise Audio Japan Cable Thread
Jul 16, 2020 at 6:23 AM Post #166 of 821
I am considering Brise Audio STR7-SE and Yatono 4.4mm MMCX cables for my Solaris 2020 IEMs.
Has anyone had any experience of these?
Would you say either of these are flexible enough for outdoor use?
I have the original UGP001 cables. I enjoy the sound, but they're not suitable for on-the-go use IME.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2020 at 8:11 PM Post #167 of 821
I am considering Brise Audio STR7-SE and Yatono 4.4mm MMCX cables for my Solaris 2020 IEMs.
Has anyone had any experience of these?
Would you say either of these are flexible enough for outdoor use?
I have the original UGP001 cables. I enjoy the sound, but they're not suitable for on-the-go use IME.
Hi, I used brise UPG001Ref on my Solaris OG, Based on my memory, STR7 is less stiffer, but Yatono will be same as my UPG001Ref.

I used my UPG001Ref daily, took 2 months to just get used too.
for me, hooks (like door knob, plant, etc) u need to concern... but the good point, I train my awareness while listen and enjoying my songs...

Jul 19, 2020 at 3:55 AM Post #168 of 821
Thanks for your reply.
Yes, I suspected the same. I have ordered the STR7.

Jul 30, 2020 at 10:28 AM Post #170 of 821
It arrives tomorrow. I'll have to wait a few days to try it though, as we'll be away on holiday.

Aug 2, 2020 at 11:19 PM Post #173 of 821
I have tested 3 Brise audio cables recently, namely Yatono 4wires, STR7-ref, Asuha at the official distributor in my country. My gears were Lotoo Paw 600 & Sony IER-Z1R.

I am looking for a replacement cable due to the treble of IER-Z1R (stock cable) is harsh for some female vocal when I pair it with LP6k.

I want to spend around 50% of my iem market price. My aim will be STR7-REF or Asuha for the budget. However, I have tested Yatono out of curiosity too.
FYI, Yatono price is 2X Asuha. I didn't try the flagship model Yatono 8wire due to the price and cable stiffness.

In summary:

Physical appearance:
1.) STR7-ref: look thin and feel soft. Same as most 'normal' iem cables.
2.) Asuha: Quite stiff and quite thick but acceptable. IMHO, it feel like a 6 wires cable.
3.) Yatono: Similar to Asuha.

Wear:
1.) STR-ref: Comfortable.
2.) Asuha: I can feel the cable is hanging on my ears.
3.) Yatono: Similar to Asuha

Sounds:
Songs for audition:
a.) Hotel California by Eagles
b.) Nella Fantasia by Kelly Sweet
c.) High life by Jazz at the pawnshop
d.) Fever by Valeria Joyce in Chesky records 10 best album
e.) Master of Chinese Percussion

I tried STR-REF 1st, then follow by Asuha and Yatono.
I've spent around 2.5 hours for the audition.

My stock cable:
a.) The guitar bass sound is nice. Micro details from the audience are there.
b.) Female vocal’s treble is smooth but a bit harsh at a high peak. Feel uncomfortable.
c.) Micro details from the audience are there. Drums are deep but a bit bloated.
d.) The finger tapping is there. The female vocal sound is smooth but a bit harsh.
e.) The sound of the drums are deep but a bit bloated. The textures and the drum vibration are there. There are at least 5 different types of drums. I cannot identify the drum sounds when all of them hitting hard at the same time. I need to pay extra attention to hear the different drums’ sound when they were hitting softly.

Overall, I feel something missing from the ier-z1r sound with stock cable.

1.) STR-REF: Everything is vivid... Everything sound right! Or should I say the sound is coherence?
Songs:
a.) The guitar bass sound nicer and ‘crunchier’. Micro details from the audience are noticeable a lot easier than my stock cable.
b.) Female vocal’s treble is smooth and tame compared to my stock cable. Airy with a bit of extension.
c.) Micro details from the audience are noticeable a lot easier than my stock cable. Drums are well controlled.
d.) The finger tapping is vivid. The female vocal sound is smooth and enjoyable.
e.) The sound of the drums are more controlled, the textures and the drum vibration are more obvious. There are at least 5 different types of drums. I can identify the drum sounds when all of them hitting hard at the same time. I can hear the different drums’ sound when they are hitting softly.

Overall, I feel like I had upgraded a DAC!!

2.) Asuha: Everything sound ok. Vivid but not as clear as STR7-REF and Yatono.

Songs:
a.) The guitar bass sounds nice. Micro details from the audience are noticeable.
b.) Treble is smoother, tame, and airy compared to the stock cable.
c.) More micro details from the audience are noticeable than my stock cable. Drums are well controlled.
d.) The finger tapping is vivid. The female vocal sound is smooth and enjoyable.
e.) The sound of the drums is more controlled, the textures are obvious, and the vibrant is enjoyable. There are at least 5 different types of drums. I cannot identify the sounds when all the drums are hitting hard at the same time, it seems like the sound are mixing together. I need to pay extra attention to hear the drums’ sound when they were hitting softly.

Overall, I feel like this cable is better than Satin Audio Medusa 8x (pure silver) but not a big margin.

3.) Yatono: Everything sounds right and brilliant. Everything is vivid with depth and sense of space!

Songs:
a.) The guitar bass sound nicer and ‘crunchier’ and sparking. Micro details from the audience are obvious.
b.) Female vocal’s treble is smooth and airy with a nice extension.
c.) Micro details from the audience are very good. You can hear what they said clearly. Drums are well controlled and tight.
d.) The finger tapping is vivid with a sense of space. The female vocal sound is smooth, airly, and enjoyable.
e.) The sound of the drums is well controlled and tight. The textures and the drum vibration are obvious. There are at least 5 different types of drums. I can identify the drum sounds when all of them hitting hard at the same time with ease. I can hear the different drums’ sound when they are hitting softly with ease.

Overall, I feel like I had upgraded a DAC!! I want to listen to a well-recorded album or live concern album more!!

Sorry for my broken English.

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2020 at 5:05 AM Post #174 of 821
Found an interesting page regards the Brise cable rating in their website: https://briseaudio.jp/portable/cable-select.html

In summary:
1597228958422.png

Details:
Total power of resolution and musical expression

Quietness:
Low noise floor on hearing. The way the sound is produced without any mischief.

High range:
Growth and sharpness of high range Comprehensive power including three-dimensional gradation expression

Middle range:
Mainly enhancement and thickness of the Vocal band. Comprehensive capabilities, including expressive power

Low range:
The low-frequency massive and three-dimensional, comprehensive capabilities including the gradation expression and facial expressions

Sound field:
The sounds of lingering and the rise of the smoothness, comprehensive capabilities, including the spread of the sound stage

Maneuverability:
Physical cable flexibility and ease of handling.

Hope this information can guide the future Brise audio cable owner.

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2020 at 5:59 AM Post #175 of 821
@michaelc Nice founding...

Just want to share,
Yes... need to admit, been cheating from my Brise UPG001REF to other boutique cable...
There are some better tuning, better resolution, better clarity etc... but whats the point if you can only used it for max 30 minutes (my neck really tense).

Back to my old dark friend UPG001Ref... can listen to it for 2 hours straight with any suffering... hahaha

Aug 13, 2020 at 12:54 AM Post #176 of 821
@michaelc Nice founding...

Just want to share,
Yes... need to admit, been cheating from my Brise UPG001REF to other boutique cable...
There are some better tuning, better resolution, better clarity etc... but whats the point if you can only used it for max 30 minutes (my neck really tense).

Back to my old dark friend UPG001Ref... can listen to it for 2 hours straight with any suffering... hahaha
Hi, do you mean 8 wire give neck pain while the 4 wire u can listen straight for 2 hr? Thanks

Aug 13, 2020 at 1:06 AM Post #177 of 821
Hi, do you mean 8 wire give neck pain while the 4 wire u can listen straight for 2 hr? Thanks
the neck pain is not about the cable weight... is about the tense hi Resolution that you hear from other cable (either 4 or 8 braids)... especially Silver based...

Just to clarify, when I listen to silver based cable, and produce High Resolution Audio, my body seems not enjoy it, and make a sign in the neck for me...

Aug 13, 2020 at 1:28 AM Post #178 of 821
the neck pain is not about the cable weight... is about the tense hi Resolution that you hear from other cable (either 4 or 8 braids)... especially Silver based...

Just to clarify, when I listen to silver based cable, and produce High Resolution Audio, my body seems not enjoy it, and make a sign in the neck for me...
Seeking more clarification, the silver-based you're referring to is some other brand, right? 'cos I don't think Brise Audio uses any silver in their cables (or at least they didn't use to). I believe they use only copper based?

Aug 13, 2020 at 2:32 AM Post #179 of 821
Seeking more clarification, the silver-based you're referring to is some other brand, right? 'cos I don't think Brise Audio uses any silver in their cables (or at least they didn't use to). I believe they use only copper based?
Yes.. to clarify, the silver based is from other Brand....

So sorry to make everyone confuse...
BRISE used OFC.....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back