The Bourne Ultimatum
Aug 4, 2007 at 4:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 56

trains are bad

Headphoneus Supremus
Just watched it. Quality. If you liked the first two you should like this one. Action cinematography was even worse than usual. Is there going to be another one?

No unmarked spoilers out of consideration please.

Aug 4, 2007 at 5:05 AM Post #2 of 56
confused.gif
so, did you like it?

I'm watching it tomorrow morning with my brother-in-law. I liked the first two so I'm looking forward to it.

Aug 4, 2007 at 5:07 AM Post #3 of 56
I'm going to see it tomorrow.

I'm not expecting the best movie ever. Just some nice action flick to pass the time with.

Anyone read the books? I haven't but 99% of the time the book destroys the movie (assuming the book came out first).

Aug 4, 2007 at 5:23 AM Post #4 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by trains are bad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Action cinematography was even worse than usual.

Crap, I was hoping the supershakeyIcan'ttellwhatthehellisgoingoncam was going to be less so in this movie. I think I'll skip seeing this one in the theaters.

frown.gif

-Ed

Aug 4, 2007 at 5:49 AM Post #5 of 56
not a bad film, worth seeing in theaters, IMHO(just came back)

Aug 4, 2007 at 5:50 AM Post #6 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Crap, I was hoping the supershakeyIcan'ttellwhatthehellisgoingoncam was going to be less so in this movie.

-Ed

Unfortunately, the crazy cam is pretty bad at times- its really annoying. Probably covers up lack of good acting
biggrin.gif

Aug 4, 2007 at 5:52 AM Post #7 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by gates_2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Unfortunately, the crazy cam is pretty bad at times- its really annoying. Probably covers up lack of good acting
biggrin.gif

The most glaring example of this to me is the fight scene in the second one where he kills the other assassin and blows his house up. The whole fight, you have no real idea what is happening because the camera is moving around so much and it's zoomed in so tight on nothing. Pretty annoying.

Aug 4, 2007 at 6:01 AM Post #8 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr_baseball_08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The most glaring example of this to me is the fight scene in the second one where he kills the other assassin and blows his house up. The whole fight, you have no real idea what is happening because the camera is moving around so much and it's zoomed in so tight on nothing. Pretty annoying.

QFT. It's like it was a n00b cameraman running around going "zomg look at this pwnage right here!!!!"

Made me dizzy after awhile....
frown.gif

Aug 4, 2007 at 6:07 AM Post #9 of 56
Def. the last one gave me a headache in theaters. A few more rows back on this one might be warranted.

Regarding the books, I found the one I read to be MORE disjointed than the movies. The movie was more fun, and this coming from a Reader of Books (self proclaimed).

Aug 4, 2007 at 6:18 AM Post #10 of 56
Just got out of the theater. Greengrass knows what he's doing. It's not noob-like camera work. Although it may be a bit tedious for some, it's in no way unintentional. If you were present in a similar situation you wouldn't clearly see what was happening. And that never seems like a trick. Also shouldn't you feel dizzy from bodies and cars spinning around?
blink.gif
Be advised though if hand-held camera is a problem for you this isn't the movie you want to see.

This is just an action movie. There are some war/interrogation references, but it's basically speed. But it's better than every other Die Hard, Transformers, Bond, 300, etc. movie made recently, and it's what an action movie should be in my book. It's certainly the closest we have to Day of the Jackal or Three Days of the Condor or French Connection currently.

Greengrass, who previously did United 93, will direct Damon again in Imperial Life in the Emerald City. I can't wait.

Aug 4, 2007 at 6:32 AM Post #11 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just got out of the theater. Greengrass knows what he's doing. It's not noob-like camera work. Although it may be a bit tedious for some, it's in no way unintentional. If you were present in a similar situation you wouldn't clearly see what was happening. And that never seems like a trick. Also shouldn't you feel dizzy from bodies and cars spinning around?
blink.gif
Be advised though if hand-held camera is a problem for you this isn't the movie you want to see.

This is just an action movie. There are some war/interrogation references, but it's basically speed. But it's better than every other Die Hard, Transformers, Bond, 300, etc. movie made recently, and it's what an action movie should be in my book. It's certainly the closest we have to Day of the Jackal or Three Days of the Condor or French Connection currently.

Greengrass, who previously did United 93, will direct Damon again in Imperial Life in the Emerald City. I can't wait.

I saw it tonight too and for me it was a great action movie. Not just action, and probably not a great action movie for serious action fans, but it good movie with a lot of action. The camera work was cool in my book and made you feel like you were in the fight scenes not just watching a choreographed dance.

Aug 4, 2007 at 7:17 AM Post #13 of 56
I have to agree that at times the camera work is bad, but there are certainly some really great sequences as well. I understand that they're trying to simulate an intense fight, but at times the camera work just doesn't make any sense. In one of the car chases it was that way too. You get like a closeup of a headlight when there's a big crash going on in the background. Still, I think this was the best film of the series. Missing out on this in the theater would be a travesty. Best action film of the summer easily. If the camera work bothered you in Supremacy, just make sure you sit in the back.
wink.gif

Aug 4, 2007 at 8:44 AM Post #14 of 56
I just saw this movie few hours ago with my wife. Honestly, I missed almost all the movies due to its crazy camera shaking effect. I got very nauseated but my wife did enjoyed alot. If it wasn't for my wife, I would have walked out of movie theater but not because of the movie was bad. I had to close my eyes most of the times, otherwise, I would have felt like I was having a motion sickness. I guess I will have to wait for DVD to come out and see it again in my home theater.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back