The 'Bose...WHY!?' thread
Mar 22, 2009 at 5:42 PM Post #16 of 87
Aretha-Franklin-Here-We-Go-119295.jpg

IBTL

Mar 22, 2009 at 6:10 PM Post #17 of 87
To many "average" people think bose is the best stuff out there. I tried arguing with my friends about them sucking. I couldn't win, neither could she.. until i let her listen to my bose in-ear, then listen to my super fi 5 pro.
^_^

Mar 22, 2009 at 6:40 PM Post #18 of 87
someone need to spam this thread to death...

Mar 22, 2009 at 6:49 PM Post #19 of 87
deadhorse.gif

There are two bose bashing threads in one page. It's kinda sad.
I don't see the point, everyone here knows that there is better for the money, and there are plenty of threads discussing bose for newbs.

Mar 22, 2009 at 7:23 PM Post #21 of 87
Bose my views , yes Bose do get a bashing fairly or un-fairly , surely its down to the individual taste of the purchaser , i,m sure if some of the people who buy Bose phones were to listen to superb head sets thay would cry, but as long as there happy with what they have I just dont understand the problem.....and they must be doing something right or they would not have survived as long as they have.....funnily enough I have the Bose top of the range acoustimass 6.1 surround system at home and absolutely love it , and my uncle has a very hi-end Kef 5.1 system on his kit ....when I told him I was getting the Bose his view was very much like other peoples about them ( all be it that he had never really listened to them Properly ) and when he came round one evening and had a listen he was absolutely amazed at what he heard....maybe time we stopped bashing them and let people make up there own minds.....they will soon take them back if there not happy.....Keep up the good work....Steve......

Mar 22, 2009 at 7:29 PM Post #22 of 87
...is it just me or are these threads starting to reproduce like jackrabbits?

Mar 22, 2009 at 8:26 PM Post #23 of 87
This thread needs more CatDuck.

catduck.jpg

Mar 22, 2009 at 8:32 PM Post #24 of 87
This whole Bose thing is so funny. And so condescending.

It's like seeing someone reading a trashy novel, and telling them 'You really should be reading literature.'

Jeez, what's wrong with people that they don't like what I like?
rolleyes.gif

Mar 22, 2009 at 10:08 PM Post #25 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by steeevo1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bose my views , yes Bose do get a bashing fairly or un-fairly , surely its down to the individual taste of the purchaser , i,m sure if some of the people who buy Bose phones were to listen to superb head sets thay would cry, but as long as there happy with what they have I just dont understand the problem.....and they must be doing something right or they would not have survived as long as they have.....funnily enough I have the Bose top of the range acoustimass 6.1 surround system at home and absolutely love it , and my uncle has a very hi-end Kef 5.1 system on his kit ....when I told him I was getting the Bose his view was very much like other peoples about them ( all be it that he had never really listened to them Properly ) and when he came round one evening and had a listen he was absolutely amazed at what he heard....maybe time we stopped bashing them and let people make up there own minds.....they will soon take them back if there not happy.....Keep up the good work....Steve......

He probably lied and didn't want to hurt your feelings. Which Kef's does he have? I've heard a couple of Bose Lifestyle systems I don't think highly of them. Neither in sound or build quality. I'd rate them similar to £300 Home Theater In a Box systems. Certainly not the multi-thousand pound prices they retail for.

Mar 22, 2009 at 10:16 PM Post #28 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by EYEdROP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is exactly why Bose is popular: They are easy to use, have small form factor, and have a big, powerful sound. Average people pick bose over hi-fi stuff because the Bose will give the impression of sounding fuller and more impactful. They have shakin bass, clearer than cheap-o mids, and a crystal sounding treble that dosent actually extend.

The trick Bose uses to sound good (they undeniably sound better than cheap stuff) is: using reflections to their advantage (makes the spacious soundstage), a dark sound signature (to make an aggressive and authoritative warm tone for the instruments) and equalizing the speakers (to make up for the small size and/or cheap ass configuration of the speaker).

Bose has a very convincing and unique sound that will draw most people into the music. The problem with Bose is they will make awful recordings sound good, and good recordings sounds way emphasized and artificial. Your average joe will think that is what good sound is supposed to do.

Says the dude with Bang and Olufsen stereo, snigger.
ksc75smile.gif

Mar 22, 2009 at 10:18 PM Post #29 of 87
I am honestly a little bothered by the fact that none of you "get" the thread. It's not about Bose-bashing, the thread was created with the intent of collecting stories of people who disposed of nicer 'phones for a pair of Bose ones. This may lead to examining what it is about BOSE that appeals to people in the sound, or discussions of perceived quality versus actual quality. I don't know what kind of discussion it would have brought up, but what I DO know is that the thread had a legitimate goal (not just "hey let's bash Bose"), and all of you whiners should just leave. If you don't like the thread, whatever, we don't need to hear about it.

Mar 22, 2009 at 10:24 PM Post #30 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oggranak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am honestly a little bothered by the fact that none of you "get" the thread. It's not about Bose-bashing.

Really? So why does the first post start like this:
Quote:

yes more Bose bashing.

Anyone who starts a thread like this on Head-Fi knows exactly what kind of discussion will follow. Threads like this are redundant.

Quote:

and all of you whiners should just leave

And so is this kind of language. Please refrain from it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back