The Boodo Khan Chair
Oct 29, 2003 at 8:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Pappucho

1000+ Head-Fier
I found this on ebay and thought it was pretty interesting. I completely forgot to bid on it though. It's a Sony Boodo Khan chair, complete with headphones, subwoofer and amplifier. Anyone here ever seen/used one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...egory=298&rd=1

Oct 30, 2003 at 9:52 PM Post #3 of 9
I don't think this was part of the Boodo Khan DD100 walkman but instead another use of the word for a different product. The amplifier I was referring to was the power station that is mentioned in the item description which I am assuming is some sort of amplifier. Sony used the Booda Khan name for one it's top of the line cassette walkman in the mid eighties as a reference to the Budo Kan concert hall in Japan. The Boodo Khan walkman along with it's included headphones were said to recreate the experience of attending a concert at this concert hall. I hadn't seen that name used on any other sony product until I stumbled across this Boodo Khan chair. Seeing that the use of the name on the walkman was something special, I am assuming that this "chair' was also something of a limited edition and therefore also something "special".

Oct 30, 2003 at 10:30 PM Post #4 of 9
I bet it has something to do with the walkman, like an accessory to it. It has the exact same logo, and I would think they would have made it to use with the Boodo Khan as a Source. That is just my opinion.

Oct 31, 2003 at 10:06 PM Post #5 of 9
Acutally Boodo Khan was a whole line of audio products from Sony... I don't really know what so special about it but I'm pretty sure it was a product line, not just the Walkman... Cuz I've seen a Boodoo Khan headphone from Sony that is not the one that came with the DD-100, it's something entirely different and bigger in size too...

Wow cool stuff, now you can have the full Boodo Khan experience lol!

Actually if you read those three Chinese characters Boodo Khan, in Chinese it means battle arena... hehe I guess that's what Japanese consider to be a concert hall?!?
biggrin.gif

Knowing that Boodo Khan came out in 1986, I think it's a predecessor or prototype to Mega Bass or DBB Dynamic Bass Boost which came out in 1987...

Nov 4, 2003 at 8:33 PM Post #6 of 9
Chinese characters and Japanese Katakana character look the same but have different meanings. I this case the three characters on the Boodo Khan means exactly just that to the Japanese, which is in reference to the Boodo Khan concert hall in Japan.

Nov 8, 2003 at 9:39 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by krayzie
Acutally Boodo Khan was a whole line of audio products from Sony... I don't really know what so special about it but I'm pretty sure it was a product line, not just the Walkman... Cuz I've seen a Boodoo Khan headphone from Sony that is not the one that came with the DD-100, it's something entirely different and bigger in size too...

Wow cool stuff, now you can have the full Boodo Khan experience lol!

Actually if you read those three Chinese characters Boodo Khan, in Chinese it means battle arena... hehe I guess that's what Japanese consider to be a concert hall?!?
biggrin.gif

Knowing that Boodo Khan came out in 1986, I think it's a predecessor or prototype to Mega Bass or DBB Dynamic Bass Boost which came out in 1987...

The Boodo Khan walkman was also famous for (reportedly) being the loudest walkman ever produced!

Nov 8, 2003 at 9:41 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by warubozu
Chinese characters and Japanese Katakana character look the same but have different meanings. I this case the three characters on the Boodo Khan means exactly just that to the Japanese, which is in reference to the Boodo Khan concert hall in Japan.

Katakana is used to write foreign words in Japanese. It is purely syllabic and there are a limited number of characters. It is roughly the equivalent of italics in English.

You are thinking of Kanji (literally "Chinese characters") and Chinese characters. And while these are similar, they are often different. In fact, Chinese characters don't even look like Chinese characters. There are two major writing systems, one used in Mainland China (simplified characters) and one used in Taiwan and Hong Kong (traditional characters). Japan has a slightly different set than both of these. So, in Unicode, there are several different implementations of Chinese characters -- for Chinese (traditional and simplified) and Japanese. And then we can start talking about Chinese characters in Korean ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back