The Black Grado SR325 Appreciation Thread (Also, SR100/200/300) :
Oct 5, 2007 at 2:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 39

Killercrush

Headphoneus Supremus
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN:IT&ih=006

I can't wait to wear these things ! Pretty sweet imo.

I wonder if nikongod has them, oh yeah... he does! Good job then.

What about derekbmn ?! Damn, he also has them, haha.

I know there's other HFs who can chime in, speak up !!!

Oct 5, 2007 at 5:08 AM Post #4 of 39
frown.gif
theyre probably gonna be awesome!

Oct 5, 2007 at 5:26 AM Post #6 of 39
Thats my favorite looking Grado.. on par with the PS-1. IMHO they should make a headphone that looks like that again. The black mesh grilles look soooo smooth with the black earcups.

Its ironic that Grados darkest looking phone is overall one of the the brightest sounding.

can you post pics? I've never seen one of those in detail. I'd love to transplant my HF1 drivers into that headphone, maybe some day.

Thanks!!!

Oct 5, 2007 at 5:28 AM Post #7 of 39
I'll post more detailed pics when I'll have them. I don't think they'll be bright bastards. Silver SR325 and Gold SR325i are too bright for me but I heard that it's not the case with these and I know the drivers in my non-HP1000 drivers SR200 that I had were almost identical and were produced about the same year, beating the old school MS2 that I had. I'm looking forward to put my HP1000 drivers in them but I don't want to break apart my SR100... : ( : )

Oct 5, 2007 at 6:54 AM Post #8 of 39
Checking in ..... O.K. so i'll be the first to admit that i'm not much of a Grado fan.(alright not the first but you know what I mean)
1) They are drop dead sexy looking .
2) They are not as bright sounding as the newer Grados, but make no mistake about it ...they still sound like Grados.
3) My pair doesn't get much use.
4) No they are not for sale.
5) I honestly have not put much effort into building a rig around them but may in the future.
6) CONGRATS JULIEN !!!!

Oct 6, 2007 at 3:12 AM Post #13 of 39
I was tempted to sell my SR-100 with Red Lettering, but I can't. Those headphones are just too sexy and sweet sounding that I'll keep them here.

Hold on to the old Grado stuff!

Oct 6, 2007 at 3:18 AM Post #14 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what is so special about them. just black instead of normal silver housings.

from the posts of others:
less bright than the silver or gold 325's
lower production QTY's
uber-mega-bass (with flats, i can vouch for this)

i dont have a PS-1 to compare to, but i would call them mini-ps-1 where i would call the SR-200 (with SR-200 drivers) mini hp-1000.

im keeping mine 100% stock, aside from being re-terminated with 4-pin-xlr for balanced use. with the balanced mahogany cmoy
wink.gif
i built these have disturbing bass. the highs have never given me the harsh-ride my old MS-2 did, but my source/amp wasn't as nice when i had them. the balanced mahogany cmoy will be at the NYC meet, as will the black SR-325.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back