the big jump into an actual rig of sorts
Feb 21, 2011 at 2:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Xozz

Head-Fier
Ok, so let me preface this by saying I know less about computer audio/speakers than I do with headphones...and that's pretty terrifying. Basically, I'm beginning to start and plan out a system for no more than 800ish which I'm planning on buying by the end of the summer. Thing is, I'm not really sure how to go about this. Since my source is going to be a laptop would I be correct in guessing that I would need to buy a dac, integrated amp, and the actual speakers? ...and if I'm right about that, is there even the faintest possibility of getting an entire rig together for that price? Thanks for the help...I really have no idea what I'm doing.

P.S. If any of you kind souls have actual gear suggestions, that would be greatly appreciated 

Feb 23, 2011 at 2:51 AM Post #4 of 6
Come springtime, hit up the garage sales and pick up some vintage receivers and speakers. Way better bang for the buck than anything you can buy new.

Feb 23, 2011 at 7:00 AM Post #6 of 6
First it would be a good idea to get a decent usb dac like the fiio E7/E9 combo or Audio-GD NFB-12, i wouldn't recomend spending loads on the dac save most of the money for the speakers, since you have the room for floor standers i would recommend you get a amp and some floorstanders something like the JBL ES100.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back