The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread
Apr 9, 2013 at 7:30 PM Post #3,091 of 12,546
Quote:
I keep my chords looped through the handle on my desk so I don't do exactly that. It only gets bad when I decide to bring multiple headphones to work! 

Does your work involve reviewing headphones??? Otherwise, I can't imagine bringing "multiple" headphones to work. 
devil_face.gif

Apr 9, 2013 at 8:03 PM Post #3,092 of 12,546
Quote:

Now that IS funny. I actually have tried that combination (DAC1 with the K701's), and yes... I found it atrociously bright, strident and downright painful. Hahaha...
Yep, to each is or her own. I guess my ears are just much more sensitive to the upper registers.

But Chris J has a great idea... Single Malt cures multiple ills.

The even funnier part is that the first time I wrote about using a DAC1/K701 combo on head-fi, I expected to hear a response like your experience. Instead I got a response from another member, stating that the combo sounded neutral and detailed. It's crazy how differently people can hear the same thing. 

BTW, have you tried the DAC1 with the Senn HD650 (or even 600)? I've always wanted to try that combo, since it is offered on Benchmark's website. I've just been reluctant to pull the trigger on a 650, considering my tendency towards brighter sounder gear.

Apr 9, 2013 at 9:47 PM Post #3,094 of 12,546
Quote:
Everything sounds better with a good scotch! Even a root canal isn't that bad after a good scotch. 
bigsmile_face.gif

Yep, nothing like a glass of fine Single Malt!

BTW, does anyone know if 600 Ohm DT880s can be converted to balanced WITHOUT tearing the headphones apart?
Does Beyer use a three wire or four wire cable?

Apr 10, 2013 at 12:25 AM Post #3,095 of 12,546
Quote:

BTW, have you tried the DAC1 with the Senn HD650 (or even 600)? I've always wanted to try that combo, since it is offered on Benchmark's website. I've just been reluctant to pull the trigger on a 650, considering my tendency towards brighter sounder gear.

Yup... owned the HD600's for a bit. Used the DAC1-Pre and it was good. Real good. I found the HD600 had a very natural, rich sound. Very 'acoustic' and sweet.
However... and the reason I had to let them go... the roll-off in the highs. Yes, that's right, Mr. Sensitive to highs didn't like the way they were absent. What can I say. I like it crisp, and couldn't find that in the HD600. But that was quite a while ago. I may have a change of heart nowadays.

Apr 10, 2013 at 3:53 PM Post #3,098 of 12,546
Quote:
I keep my chords looped through the handle on my desk so I don't do exactly that. It only gets bad when I decide to bring multiple headphones to work! 

Quote:
^ This. I use the Sennheiser HH10 clamp-on headphone holder which you can find online for cheap. I loop the cable of the headphone(s) I'm currently using through the HH10 and that helps keep it away from the ground so I don't roll over it with my chair.

Well here is my quick solution which seems to work well so far. It's a cable tie attached to the underside of my desk.

Apr 10, 2013 at 4:14 PM Post #3,101 of 12,546
Quote:
Hey guys i have the 250, can I still be part of the party?

...I don't see your name on the list... ah go on then!  We should scrap 600 ohm from the title of this thread.

Quote:
Great idea! What do you have the tie anchored to? 

It's a sticky zip-tie mount, I bought them at Lowe's to tidy up my PC and had a couple left over.

Quote:
Just wanted to throw in that I'm now a member of the DT880 600 ohm club! = D.  Only using it with an Audinst MX-1 right now but it sounds really nice!. 

Congrats!

Apr 10, 2013 at 4:49 PM Post #3,102 of 12,546
Quote:
Hey guys i have the 250, can I still be part of the party?

Sure, this seems to be the most active DT880 thread!

Apr 10, 2013 at 7:02 PM Post #3,103 of 12,546
Got my Omega headphone stand! 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back