The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread
Dec 7, 2013 at 9:33 PM Post #5,702 of 12,546
Received 880-Pro-250 along with Aune T1 and I'm enjoying this set up very much ,the headphones are veeery comfy 
P.S. I also ordered some tubes on Ebay,..hopefully they will play nice with this cans 

-1962 Vintage Amperex 6922 E88cc Hewlett Packard Audio Tube
-Genalex Gold Lion 6922 Gold Pin
-ROCKET 6N23P

Dec 7, 2013 at 11:51 PM Post #5,704 of 12,546
With the German Maestro GMP 8.300D' as a the primary choice for my closed can to compliment the DT880 Pro's.

I want to throw two more into the quandary:

Fisher Audio FA003 Ti's (Comfort & dual pad types)

AKG 271HD MKII (Available Locally)

Any opinions on the above two vs the GMP's or DT880's?

Thanks Guys!

Dec 8, 2013 at 9:13 AM Post #5,705 of 12,546
  Does anyone have any recommendations for cheap tube amps (definitely under $150) for the DT 880 250 ohm model?  The Bravo Audio Ocean seems to be highly recommended.  I will be using it with a laptop and Hifimediy Sabre DAC.

SCHIIT VALI! 

I just ordered one, I'll let you know how it sounds with my DT 880 soon, but it's getting positive reports with the dt 880 :3 and BUY AMERICAN, screw supporting those Chinnese OEMS and companies! AMERICA ftw, that and honestly... I'm sure LD isn't as bad, but those Bravo, Indeed, and other off name Chinnese hybrids in the $100 price range have a rather poor build quality. For $137 u get an American made Hybrid Tube with like a 3 year warrenty, and a very fast turn around! Anything from china and IF it breaks.... going to be weeks before u get it back with the transit [HYPE TRAIN CHUGA CHUGA CHUGA CHUGA WOOOT WOOOOOOT]

Still though, feel free to wait a week for my impressions. I expect it to drive my 600 ohm dt 880 nicely, should drive a 250 ohm just as nice if not better! 

Dec 8, 2013 at 12:04 PM Post #5,706 of 12,546
hey guys i bought the DT880 600ohm to my little brother. the question is that i need an amp/dac with a 300$ budget that i have left for hes crhistmas gift so i have considered 2 options.. o2 amp/dac combo and magni/modi.

Now there is the new amp Vali that everyone is talking about. so could be modi/Vali vs o2combo or if you guys have any other sugestion i will be happy to hear about it.

Dec 8, 2013 at 12:21 PM Post #5,707 of 12,546
  hey guys i bought the DT880 600ohm to my little brother. the question is that i need an amp/dac with a 300$ budget that i have left for hes crhistmas gift so i have considered 2 options.. o2 amp/dac combo and magni/modi.

Now there is the new amp Vali that everyone is talking about. so could be modi/Vali vs o2combo or if you guys have any other sugestion i will be happy to hear about it.

:D Modi Vali man!

My vali is a few days out SO if you can wait like a week I'll give you impressions, how ever I think you'd be very happy with the Modi and the Vali 

I used an even CRAPPIER hybrid tube with my DT 880, so I'm fairly certian Schiits Vali is going to beat the first  2 Chinnese orphans I owned 

Dec 8, 2013 at 4:15 PM Post #5,710 of 12,546

Does anyone have any recommendations for cheap tube amps (definitely under $150) for the DT 880 250 ohm model?  The Bravo Audio Ocean seems to be highly recommended.  I will be using it with a laptop and Hifimediy Sabre DAC.

SCHIIT VALI! 

I just ordered one, I'll let you know how it sounds with my DT 880 soon, but it's getting positive reports with the dt 880 :3 and BUY AMERICAN, screw supporting those Chinnese OEMS and companies! AMERICA ftw, that and honestly... I'm sure LD isn't as bad, but those Bravo, Indeed, and other off name Chinnese hybrids in the $100 price range have a rather poor build quality. For $137 u get an American made Hybrid Tube with like a 3 year warrenty, and a very fast turn around! Anything from china and IF it breaks.... going to be weeks before u get it back with the transit [HYPE TRAIN CHUGA CHUGA CHUGA CHUGA WOOOT WOOOOOOT]

Still though, feel free to wait a week for my impressions. I expect it to drive my 600 ohm dt 880 nicely, should drive a 250 ohm just as nice if not better! 
Throw your audio gd 10se away while you're at it if that's how you feel. Why are you going back to se when balanced is supposedly the way to go? you're just throwing money away. :p

Dec 8, 2013 at 4:30 PM Post #5,711 of 12,546
Throw your audio gd 10se away while you're at it if that's how you feel. Why are you going back to se when balanced is supposedly the way to go? you're just throwing money away.
tongue.gif

Why because I only own one balanced headphone xD and atm I want a tube for my W1000x. Oh no wait I have 2 balanced cans, my D2k is also balanced.

There are two reasons I got the Vali

1) my w1000x needs a tube before I balance it and thus buy a $700 LD MK vi+ tube amp 
and 
2) having owned 2 very popular hybrids in the same price range of the Vali, I HAD to try it for my self. Since I recommend the Indeed G3 for the DT 990, I'd like to be able to recommend the Vali as an intro tube. ANd to do that I need to hear it

At the end of the day I'm hear to help da ppl! ANd a Vali as cheap as it is, looks like it's going to be a HUGE help to lots of Begineer audio philes! Again I started with a DT 880 PRo and an INdeed G3 Hybrid tube! While I wont use my DT 880 wih the vali very often [as the W1000x needs it] I'd like to have a say in how the combo sounds for my self, I mean not EVERYone can be lucky nough to have a fully balanced DT 880 AND a NFB 10ES2, for those who can't afford it I think the Vali is a good choice, and I aim to prove that thought! 

Dec 8, 2013 at 4:57 PM Post #5,713 of 12,546
You said screw Chinese Oems but then turn around and buy/recommend chinese oems, dummy
tongue.gif

Audio GD and Little Dot are very well known and respect oems. I've found buying Chinnese products is a mixed bag. I've gotten some very well built goods, and an equal amount of garbage 
But valid point, and as always, honestly ur pretty chill about correcting me <3 thanks for that :D oh

HOW THEM ePADS

Dec 8, 2013 at 5:07 PM Post #5,714 of 12,546
They've been great. They offer better iso and bass which is awesome for the 880s, but on the T90s, the bass gets to be too much. Greater than the 990s from what I can remember. Haven't spent as much hp time at home since I got my new speakers setup. :D

Dec 8, 2013 at 5:35 PM Post #5,715 of 12,546
They've been great. They offer better iso and bass which is awesome for the 880s, but on the T90s, the bass gets to be too much. Greater than the 990s from what I can remember. Haven't spent as much hp time at home since I got my new speakers setup.
biggrin.gif

yea I liked the isolation they offered on my W1000x, but the bass was to much for me on those

Users who are viewing this thread

Back