The Beyerdynamic DT48 Arrives...
Oct 8, 2014 at 2:57 PM Post #3,841 of 4,303
  If anyone's looking for those, I found that shop on Allegro (Polish ebay) - http://allegro.pl/beyerdynamic-dt48e-dt48-e-dt-48-200ohm-warszawa-i4628281588.html
They actually cost ~290E + shipping. No idea if those guys speak english though.

Well...thanks for sharing !
I'm sure people might jump on it !

Oct 8, 2014 at 3:44 PM Post #3,844 of 4,303

Thanks but I just bought a "New Old Stock" 48E 25Ohm from Romania...it ships tomorrow !

Glad you found them!
My post was directed "to anyone", bc I see that shop in Warsaw has a pretty good price for those :wink:.

Just out of curiosity, how much does the shipping from RO to India cost and do you have any high taxes to pay?

Oct 9, 2014 at 6:56 PM Post #3,846 of 4,303
Congrats on the new toy. Looking forward to hearing some feedback about how these old things sound 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 10, 2014 at 7:39 AM Post #3,847 of 4,303
  Shipping was on seller's dime...as far as taxes go, the Indian Government imposes 30% on Headphones,Amps and Mics etc.
Usually they like to screw around and exceed over 30%...for example I recently bought a OTL amp from Schiit...I paid 38%.

This time the seller and I figured out a way to fence with taxes...hopefully I will not have to pay anything this time.

Not that bad... here it's always 23% vat, and from 0% to 17% duty, depending on product.
Fingers crossed!

Oct 15, 2014 at 11:41 AM Post #3,850 of 4,303
Hey guys..so the DT48 is just hours..maybe 2 days away from me, its in Indian Customs.
Some new developments from the seller..he told me that he just added a stereo plug.
The 1989 DT48E apparently came with a Mono plug so he added a Neutrik plug with the factory DT48 boot/housing.
Here's a picture he send me of his personal pair - 

So excluding the plug with the factory housing..everything is brand new.
Just wanted to confirm if the factory housing on the right is legit ?
Thanks !

BTW - The seller is a really cool dude and has really been amazing, I don't have any doubts but just wanted to confirm here.

Oct 18, 2014 at 5:25 AM Post #3,851 of 4,303

She's here.
I consider myself very lucky to find these 48s in brand new condition (NOS)..these are fu**** pristine.
I love them, there are some things to do...Pads, these pads from 1989 are completely squished, 25 years in box have destroyed them.
But..that's not a concern because I have 2 sets of pads (4 total) and a headband pad on my way from the factory..due to these pads I'll stay quiet on the sound.
I'll go over that after I get the new pads.

Some more pics of things - 

My Beyer collection.

Original user manual..never folded against its original folding

Original box.

Interesting dual entry on the 1989 48E

So that's it.
Except the ****ty deformed Earpads I can't explain in words how good of a shape these 48s are in.
Now its time to wait for the pads, give them a good clean and then I'm done :D 

Oct 18, 2014 at 7:46 AM Post #3,852 of 4,303
You might want to use the opportunity to run them in on pink noise for a while. Mine certainly benefitted.

Oct 18, 2014 at 7:49 AM Post #3,853 of 4,303
BTW, my later 48Es have the same capsules, but they are mounted inverted on the yoke, with the cable for the right channel running through the headband pad.

Oct 18, 2014 at 8:01 AM Post #3,854 of 4,303
You might want to use the opportunity to run them in on pink noise for a while. Mine certainly benefitted.

I'll do that.
BTW, my later 48Es have the same capsules, but they are mounted inverted on the yoke, with the cable for the right channel running through the headband pad.

That's one of the peculiarities of the 1989 48E..its dual entry like the A and Ss.

Oct 18, 2014 at 8:25 AM Post #3,855 of 4,303

So that's it.
Except the ****ty deformed Earpads I can't explain in words how good of a shape these 48s are in.
Now its time to wait for the pads, give them a good clean and then I'm done :D 

They look awesome, you were lucky to be able to get a NOS pair. I bet DT48 in that condition will become quite rare in the future, better take good care of it! Most DT48 i see for sale are full of dings and scratches. Like really, do some people use these as a ball to play soccer or something? Just because it's the most durable headphone in the world, doesn't mean it should be treated like ****!

I didn't expect simple storage in the original box could annihilate the pads like that. At least it's a simple fix to replace pads. I sent Beyer an email a while ago to ask whether they will discontinue the replacement pads for DT48, but luckily they will not stop production of the pads.
The world as we know it will end if we can't buy any more replacement pads for these beauties.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back