The Beyerdynamic DT250 Thread
Feb 7, 2021 at 9:27 PM Post #1,021 of 1,049
So...

I just picked these up for recording purposes and they're insane. For tracking they are just what I need and for listening purposes they remind me of the HD600.

Breaking them in as we speak and waiting for my BHCrack to warm-up to demo some tunes on it.

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2021 at 6:34 AM Post #1,023 of 1,049
I vaguely remember that, years ago, someone made wooden cups for these. Does anyone have any information on this?

It seems like quite a promising route...

Mar 24, 2021 at 9:02 PM Post #1,024 of 1,049
Got another DT250 - 250 ohm since 2 days. I can confirm that different pairs sound noticably different; this pair is quite bass light and smooth in the treble, vs the previous pair I bought from user gringod, which was bassier but harsher in the treble.

I did the same seal mod for both, and both are 250 ohm.

Mar 25, 2021 at 4:59 AM Post #1,025 of 1,049
Got another DT250 - 250 ohm since 2 days. I can confirm that different pairs sound noticably different; this pair is quite bass light and smooth in the treble, vs the previous pair I bought from user gringod, which was bassier but harsher in the treble.

I did the same seal mod for both, and both are 250 ohm.
Have you tried switching the pads from one pair to the other?

Mar 25, 2021 at 12:53 PM Post #1,026 of 1,049
Have you tried switching the pads from one pair to the other?
I tested both with with brand new pads. It made the treble even harsher on the older pair vs the worn pads.

The new DT250 is smoother even with brand new pads, vs the older pair with worn pads. If it had the bass of the older pair, it would be perfect for me.

The pairs I used to have in 2017 and 2018, had just that. Smoothness of this new pair + bass from the pair of user gringod. I sold them, because at that time the coiled cable annoyed me too much, and I didn’t know where to buy short, custom made cables.

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2021 at 9:11 PM Post #1,027 of 1,049
So I had to send back my DT250 as the channel imbalance once noticed can't be unnoticed. I decided to get the AKG K371 and must admit they're a much better headphone in both comfort and sound. The K371 is much more balanced and airier, with a slightly thinner overall sound in comparison to the thicker sounding DT250... but from being thin itself. The K371 soundstage is more accurate and slightly wider and detail is definitely easier to pick out, in fact, it's VERY good. Both are very musical, the DT250 maybe being more energetic with its harder hitting bass. IMO the K371 is a great multi-genre headphone and if asked, I'd definitely recommend it over the DT250 (which is still a nice headphone to listen to). Comfort-wise, the DT250 gets hot very quickly and is quite tight, the K371 could be slightly tight on larger heads, but still not AS tight as the Dt250.

May 20, 2021 at 10:57 PM Post #1,028 of 1,049
... at that time the coiled cable annoyed me too much, and I didn’t know where to buy short, custom made cables.
Is there a vendor that sells short custom-made cables for the DT 250? If so, please let me know!

Alternatively, I have an extra stock coiled cable -- if anyone knows of someone who could use the connector on that old cable and make me a 6-feet-long straight cable for the DT 250, I'd be very grateful for a reference.

Finally, if anyone has a link to a diagram for the wiring of the connector, I'd appreciate that as well.

I've enjoyed these modest, little-hyped headphones for a few years now. Not flashy but honest and satisfying.

May 21, 2021 at 3:07 AM Post #1,029 of 1,049
Is there a vendor that sells short custom-made cables for the DT 250? If so, please let me know!

Alternatively, I have an extra stock coiled cable -- if anyone knows of someone who could use the connector on that old cable and make me a 6-feet-long straight cable for the DT 250, I'd be very grateful for a reference.

Finally, if anyone has a link to a diagram for the wiring of the connector, I'd appreciate that as well.

I've enjoyed these modest, little-hyped headphones for a few years now. Not flashy but honest and satisfying.
Where are you based?
I can make a straight cables, same way as I did for my 3 pairs of DT250, but I no longer have any spare connectors

Pinout is available in service manual, or you can check it via DMM

Last edited:
May 21, 2021 at 5:41 AM Post #1,030 of 1,049
I bought my spare connectors from Thomann. They are larger than the connector on the stock cable, and easier to work with.

Cable of choice is Mogami 2893.

May 21, 2021 at 9:19 AM Post #1,031 of 1,049

You can contact Vesperaudio or Forzaworks.

I’ve given up on the DT250. Every pair I got since 2019 sounds different. One pair had smooth highs, but weak bass. Another pair had stronger bass, but harsher highs.

May 21, 2021 at 9:20 AM Post #1,032 of 1,049
Normal for Beyers. Each one sounds different…

May 21, 2021 at 3:36 PM Post #1,035 of 1,049
I was going to mention that. DT250 pads appear to age relatively noticeably.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back