The Beyerdynamic Byron Series (IFA 2016)
Mar 5, 2018 at 5:01 PM Post #153 of 170
I'm onto my second set of BT's in just under 12 months. WIth the first set the battery was dying within 2-3 hours and one of the ears was cutting out. Second set (6 months old) the battery has just started to do the same thing. Anyone else had this kind of issue?

I use them for 5-7 hours per day whilst at work/commuting. Not sure if the battery is simply too small to sustain this kind of usage/charging cycle.

Mar 11, 2018 at 2:19 PM Post #155 of 170
What are thoughts on the beyer 718513? I recently got the DT 770 pro for my primary use and I like them so I'd like a nice beyerdynamic earbud counterpart for the gym and traveling situations where I just need buds to put in my pocket. How do these fare for that? Are these supposed to be more of a "quality" type earbud as opposed to ones to use at the gym? I'm not looking to replace the 770's with them or anything. They are $45 on Amazon.

I did this same thing for Audio-Technica. I got the ATH-M50x and then cheaper Audio-Technica ear buds, for brand matching I guess. My Apple ones always broke.

Mar 11, 2018 at 2:29 PM Post #156 of 170
What are thoughts on the beyer 718513? I recently got the DT 770 pro for my primary use and I like them so I'd like a nice beyerdynamic earbud counterpart for the gym and traveling situations where I just need buds to put in my pocket. How do these fare for that? Are these supposed to be more of a "quality" type earbud as opposed to ones to use at the gym? I'm not looking to replace the 770's with them or anything. They are $45 on Amazon.

I did this same thing for Audio-Technica. I got the ATH-M50x and then cheaper Audio-Technica ear buds, for brand matching I guess. My Apple ones always broke.

It's more than just brand-matching: if you like the sound of your DT-770, you'll like the Byron buds. I own one DT-770 Pro and two wired Byron sets, and am very happy with them.

Mar 11, 2018 at 2:46 PM Post #157 of 170
It's more than just brand-matching: if you like the sound of your DT-770, you'll like the Byron buds. I own one DT-770 Pro and two wired Byron sets, and am very happy with them.
Great, that's all I needed to hear thanks! I'm going for the wired one, cheapest as again this will be mainly for gym and portable use when I don't have my backpack to carry my DT 770's with me.

Apr 22, 2018 at 12:57 PM Post #162 of 170
I am also about the buy wired Byron. Are you satisfied with the build quality? I did not read an exact comment for this on this thread. Amazon reviews scare me.

I carry a wired Byron coiled in the included pouch every day. Maybe I don't use them as often as younger folks, but they show no signs of wear whatsoever and will certainly last longer than the cheap stuff. The fit is great with the earpieces I selected, and microphonics are as minimal as you'll get with wires; nothing is perfect.

Apr 29, 2018 at 9:07 AM Post #164 of 170
OK folks here ya go.

I am a bluetooth iem wireless fanatic. I have tested out these "audiophile" models and here's what I can report: All tested with comply t-isolation tips and iaudiogate (which I have found to be better than relisten, Onkyo, Kaisertone, Canoper, Neutron, NE, all those players) . Note: None of these should be used for sports. Get a pair of dull jaybirds for your workout.

1. Byerdynamic Byron-BTA
Just opened an hour ago and what a major disappointment. Very bassy but recessed in mids and highs. There is no distortion even at high volume and they are the most comfortable of the bunch. If these were $100 cheaper they would be considered pretty good. Unless these need some serious burn in, they sound veiled and cloudy with meh instrument separation. Again bass is great but a set of beats tour got these beat in the upper regions. That is so said Byerdynamic. Sending right back to Amazon.

2. B&O Play H5
On the the other end of the spectrum, we have the brighter than a light bulb. Cymbals sound awesome. Where is the bass? It might be there in another room, but not up here. If you took these and the BTAs and cross engineered them, then you would have a pretty good pair of buds. These also are the loudest of the bunch. Some of you might like them but I say if you are going to be that bright and clear, have a great amount of instrument separation and detail to make me feel good. I did not send them back as I like them for some folk and acoustic rock. The priciest and most uncomfortable of the bunch. Pretty pricey for a niche backup pair. Horrid battery life.

3. RBH EP-SB
God Bless you RBH. I got these two years ago and if we are talking about sound, I dare say these sound better than the Sennheiser Momentum Wireless 2 that everybody poops their pants about. The instrument separation on these and detail retrieval on these pups are UNMATCHED by any other bud, headset, anything I own or have ever tested. The sound that comes out of these is truly amazing. I hear people complain about bluetooth quality, but these are magical. I don't know why more people do not have them. $110-$150 depending on where you buy, I have been trying to find a better pair, and I simply cannot. I won't stop searching though. So the negatives are: wish it got a little louder. This has been a problem in a lot of bluetooth I own. Also build quality. They dont have a ton of bass, a liitle more would have been perfect, but I really do find it is enough. I have gone through a couple of pair but I am hard on my gear and RBH has replaced them free every time! That's it. Super comfy. Love them.

4. Nuforce BE6
If I never heard the RBH, these would be go to. I kept them just in case my EPSBs go on the fritz and I need something right away. Similar sound signature. Maybe a tad louder. Great detail, but not as detailed as RBH. More bass but not a lot of bass by any means. Close runner up, but not the winner.

try rbh h2 and you will piss your pants(no offence but not joking either)

man this is some crazy bluetooth iem

neutral response and High Res DAC inbuilt

Apr 29, 2018 at 9:56 AM Post #165 of 170
try rbh h2 and you will piss your pants(no offence but not joking either)

man this is some crazy bluetooth iem

neutral response and High Res DAC inbuilt
So I got them and I’m not impressed at all. Sound is muddy, no soundstage, sounds like a $40 iem. I think the problem may be that I’m using apple products so I don’t have aptx. I can’t say what they sound like through aptx but after several years, the epsb is still the boss of the applesauce for bt iems

Users who are viewing this thread

Back